Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First Impressions: Final Fantasy 13-2... And an open letter to all FF fans

This is a discussion on First Impressions: Final Fantasy 13-2... And an open letter to all FF fans within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet I'm enjoying this once as well, but I really hate the fact that enemies pop randomly ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I'm enjoying this once as well, but I really hate the fact that enemies pop randomly. I hate that in RPGs.
    Wait until you get to the City of Academia AF400 then and you'll be really pissed. Stupid enemies spawn almost every second!
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Wait until you get to the City of Academia AF400 then and you'll be really pissed. Stupid enemies spawn almost every second!
    Fuck. Oh well, that can't be helped. Personally I liked FF13 more but at least this doesn't have a 20 hour tutorial.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

[QUOTE=Denaratuck;154098]Wait until you get to the City of Academia AF400 then and you'll be really pissed. Stupid enemies spawn almost every second![/QUOTE... Academia does get better tho (wont say for those yet to play), but the initial encounter rate of enemys is annoying yes, especially if you were trying for the Clock Stopper trophy. So i said screw that & went back to New Bodhum-Tiidal Shallows & cranked it out, took about 50 min. & the enemys are all slow/non-aggressive.

Platinum Procrastinator

I got it (Clock Stopper) in Oerba 200AF as none of the enemies are aggressive and they give decent amounts of CP.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Still waiting on my own copy (using my friends current) and must say I love this FF better than XIII

Game on....

I'm ten hours in and im really enjoying this game. I won't rest until i have every monster under my command and maxed out! This maybe a 30 hour game for the main quest but i can see from the Historia Crux that i will be playing this game for 100+ hours easily.

PRO Member

Seems that I'm about around the same area as you Timeless. I'm enjoying every minute of this game as well. So far it's a great game and I'm not even that far into it.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Seems that I'm about around the same area as you Timeless. I'm enjoying every minute of this game as well. So far it's a great game and I'm not even that far into it.
    Same here. I'm also enjoying every minute of this game myself. I think they did a great job on the game and I love having the monsters to play with.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

PRO Member

The music is terrible and often too loud when the characters are talking.

And btw the year is two thousand and Chael. Time to whoop that pink t-shirt wearing Brazilian.

Didn't know it was possible to hate Chael sonnen. If anybody think he's not funny then they have no sense of humor

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    The music is terrible and often too loud when the characters are talking.
    I disagree about the music. So far there is only one bit of music i dislike and that is the music at the Sunleth Waterscape. I'm definitely getting the OST for this game soon.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I am a late comer to ff. I played 10 first and is still to this day my favourite game ever. 12 was good and the rest I played suck imo. My reason for thinking they suck is because they keep changing the battle system and i don't like it and im sure a lot of other people don't either. I have been saying for years now that all they need to do is have a customizable battle system were you can pick and choose what system you want before the game starts. They should try it just once and see if people don't enjoy that little bit of extra freedom in the game

Resident PHD

New PA comic

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I disagree about the music. So far there is only one bit of music i dislike and that is the music at the Sunleth Waterscape. I'm definitely getting the OST for this game soon.
    That's a bummer you didn't get the collectors edition as it comes with the OST and I've listened to it a few times through already I agree with you as I have no issues with the music at all...yeah it's different, but that doesn't make it bad or unfitting imo. Of course it's no Nobuo Uematsu...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Gothams Silent Protector

I personally love it and have been playing everyday since its come out. Though the story is a bit lack luster compared to its predecessor, i can manage it and it has its merits. The gameplay is also fun in its own way allowing you to have a lot of different combinations and the way the monsters work is interesting. Its a quite a very good game.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    New PA comic

Very insightfull addition to the current conversation.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

mel
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't understand the complaints towards this game nor any of the other games in the Final fantasy series. Every game is a STANDALONE adventure (even the part '2's').

For instance FF 7 was and probaly will always be my favourite but i dont want every other game i play to be the same or there'd be no variety. I love the chocobo music and belive that should be in every FF and the party concept should stay. I kinda think it's weird when i level roles and not characters but hey ho!

I'm Just before the last boss area and have no obligation to go fight him and i like that, i can just roam around doing other things until i feel like decimating him.

I hate the concept of linear games, it shortens the lifespan and replayability. Yes FF13 was very linear but it opened up (20 hours in!!!!) and then i could peruse the Steppe and get ready to take on the mighty Long Gui and Titan Trials at my leisure.

FF13-2 is better, it lets you do your own thing at your own pace. You can grind out level 99 on everything in the starting area or fly through the game and grind later.

Like i said earlier i have no intention or obligation to fight the last boss yet, i haven't even got endgame stats and i've been doing the fragments and only progreesing to a new area if i need to go there to get a fragment for the area i'm currently habiting. That said i have the 'Rolling in CP' skill now and ive beaten all 3 Gigantaurs and have about 100/160 fragments. I'm yet to unlock around 7 areas on my Historia Crux and i'll do them when i get to them.

Anyway back to the point, games will always change and people will have their favourites and they will voice concern when a game changes beyond recognition. They will moan and moan until they get what they want.

People and scared of change! At the end of the day... it gets dark. No seriously, at the end of the day SE will listen to the voices and add or remove things from the game. They want to make money and they need people to buy their game for that to happen.

mel
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    I am a late comer to ff. I played 10 first and is still to this day my favourite game ever. 12 was good and the rest I played suck imo. My reason for thinking they suck is because they keep changing the battle system and i don't like it and im sure a lot of other people don't either. I have been saying for years now that all they need to do is have a customizable battle system were you can pick and choose what system you want before the game starts. They should try it just once and see if people don't enjoy that little bit of extra freedom in the game
    The only thing wrong with the battle system is...it is different...but it is not a bad system. This is not FF10 and if every FF had the same system it would get boring. You want FF10's battle system? Go play FF10 then, simples!

Do you also want Manchester Utd to change their name and play style to Arsenals as you don't like that much either? Hang on i'll phone the big man upstairs for you lol.

The reason they change bit in the game is the same reason they change styles of cars or tactics in football or girls change their hair colour, because the same old is boring...Enjoy the new mechanics or dust of FF10 and replay that.

Look i'm not having a go but youre one of those people that are never satisfied and always want it 'their way'. Don't be so scared of change, embrace it and grow with it. Ive played 7 8 9 10 12 13 13-2 and loved them all for the niche they introduced and the style was different with a new story so none of them were boring.

SE could always just repackage FF7 or 10 and remake it in HD and resell it, thats what people want from what i've seen. I just wish they would so the fanboys wouldn't shit themselves everytime a change is announced!

Didn't mean to degrade you or anything man, just fed up with all the fanboys whinging in forums. Ting.

Game on....

Just want to say this again to confirm it. Basically FFXIII-2 is Awesome!!! :

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    New PA comic

Toggle Spoiler

Haha, that exactly sums up my feelings towards this game; so addicting and so fun at the same time. I dressed my Cloudburst ravager with gold-rimmed glasses, my Chichu commando with Lightning's mask and my Bunkerbeast sentinel with a cute heart symbol. I feel like my own Pokemon master! =3 Certainly a very good sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12