Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Also, if you have the tougher monsters fragment skill on and run around on the beach of Oerba 400 AF, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Also, if you have the tougher monsters fragment skill on and run around on the beach of Oerba 400 AF, you'll almost every time run into a monster behind a black hole. It has about 3,500,000 hp and it yields me about 120,000 gil after it's dead (I do have 2 collector's catalogues, 1 regular and 1 from chocolina in Steppe Year Unknown (the cheap one of 15,000 gil), aswell as Gil Finder II). The fight takes about 12 minutes, but it's extremely easy cuz the monster's damage output sucks badly.

Just killed him again (for some reason it took longer this time for it to spawn... anyhow... using 2 durable catalogs (30,000 gil at chocolina in Steppe), gil finder II, and using Chichu (lvl 70, infused) I took it down in 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Rewards being 50,000 CP and 175,000 gil. Might be faster than that stormy weather monster on the cliff...
    Last edited by Kittencandy; 02-10-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

im having trouble getting all the monsters i guess. i have the book and i went through the bestiary in the game and in my book and marked out every one that i have killed except two it seems, chaos bahamut that says its located in valhalla which idk how to get and twilight odin in vile peaks 10 AF (first encounter) which im sure ive fought so im lost on him too. actually i also dont have the forelegs to long gui which u have to destroy to knock him down ive killed him twice like that same with geiserics fist and fomoires giant fist. do i have to go fight these over again to get their other parts and how do i get the other chaos bahamut and odin. i was also wondering does it have to be 100% data with every monster as in each one has a check mark next to it? cause some of the monsters in my bestiary dont have a check mark next to them

Platmate Editor in Chief

you only have to have one of the Chaos Bahumuts and Odins...and you dont have to have the forlegs or the fists either...

there are some you may have missed though...did you fight the Giant Cactuar? and did you fight all 4 versions of Proto Fal'Cie Adam?

On track, the Hoff rolled with mainly a Chocobo team through my Platinum...

• Green Chocobo level 45, infused with Esunada from the Flanitor for my Medic
    • Silver Chocobo level 45...one of the best Sentinels in the game IMO
    • Golden Chocobo level 45...infused with several extra abilities as my Commando....and once he is fully maxed the Golden Choco is a badass
    • Munchkin Boss This was the weakest part of my team for my ravager, I wanted a Cloudburst but I could only find one once and didnt capture him, and I also tried for the elusive Blue Chocobo to complete my Chocobo team but couldnt capture that asshole either >:F
    • Microchu Fully powered the Microchu is a fantastic Synergist IMO and once again I couldnt seem to catch the purple chocobo until I was at the point that I didnt need him anymore to complete my chocobo team.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hopefully giant cactuar is the last monster i realized i mistaked gigantaur for giant cactuar thx to u daveyhasselhoff u and ur guides have always helped thx for ur efforts man

Lvl 1 - Bronze

how do i get giant cactuar to come out? do i wait in battle for cactuar to use grow or will i encounter giant cactuar?

Platmate Editor in Chief

just sit there in the battle with the Cactuar and wait for it to grow...took about 3 mins in my battle

Lvl 1 - Bronze

thx man ps3trophies.com has always helped me get a good amount of my plats

Banned

What is the best monster Medic,Ravager,Commando,Syn,Sab?

I have Flanitor as a medic but he's very low HP count.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Personally ever since I made Chichu (com) I never use another monster role anymore, instead have Serah switch to medic when needed, since Chichu is simply epic. But just platinumed the game so I'm all played out atm anyway. xD time to find out if the skyrim patch helped the game I guess.

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post

I have a green chocobo which is a pretty decent medic. Good HP and abilities.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Medic - Green Chocobo is a good bet, but there are also other good Medics.
    Ravager - Cloudburst/Debris. Once you can infuse the other elements into either monster (I personally love Cloudburst), as well as Stagger Maintenance II, it will be a complete elemental ravager.
    Commando - Chichu! My personal favourite commando, she can attack real hard at 1000+ STR, with the fastest attack speed and ATB charge of all.
    Synergist - Try the Yakshini. Its Feral Link ability is amazing, able to buff you with all sorts of enchantments in a matter of seconds.
    Saboteur - No idea, as I always use a Sentinel, Commando and a Ravager in my Paradigm Pack.
    Sentinel - No doubt, Xolotl! This is what I use, and he is simply amazing once you infuse Mediguard, HP+25% and other useful infusion abilities into him; armed with Improved Guard and high physical + magical resistance, he is simply a tank.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Ravager - Cloudburst/Debris. Once you can infuse the other elements into either monster (I personally love Cloudburst), as well as Stagger Maintenance II, it will be a complete elemental ravager.
    Commando - Chichu! My personal favourite commando, she can attack real hard at 1000+ STR, with the fastest attack speed and ATB charge of all.
    Synergist - Try the Yakshini. Its Feral Link ability is amazing, able to buff you with all sorts of enchantments in a matter of seconds.
    Saboteur - No idea, as I always use a Sentinel, Commando and a Ravager in my Paradigm Pack.
    Sentinel - No doubt, Xolotl! This is what I use, and he is simply amazing once you infuse Mediguard, HP+25% and other useful infusion abilities into him; armed with Improved Guard and high physical + magical resistance, he is simply a tank.
    Okay thanks and does the offficial guide will help me find these monsters if I don't have them or look here for monster guides.I don't like the trophy guide that is made here because it doesn't have any road map.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Okay thanks and does the offficial guide will help me find these monsters if I don't have them or look here for monster guides.I don't like the trophy guide that is made here because it doesn't have any road map.
    You should check out the bestiary in the trophy guide here made by DaveyHasselhoff; it is near the bottom of the trophy guide. I do not have the official guide book myself so I cannot say for sure.

Another recommendation is searching for monsters in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 wiki, here: Final Fantasy XIII-2 - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research. Have fun! =3

Platmate Editor in Chief

The guide has a roadmap, it just wasn't finished yet

Banned

You should check out the bestiary in the trophy guide here made by DaveyHasselhoff; it is near the bottom of the trophy guide. I do not have the official guide book myself so I cannot say for sure.

Another recommendation is searching for monsters in the Final Fantasy XIII-2 wiki, here: Final Fantasy XIII-2 - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research. Have fun! =3
    Okay thanks for the link and not sure the official guide to follow because I'm stuck on episode 5 and having major problems with enemies.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Does anyone know the difference in strength if you use all potent materials on a Chichu as opposed to all power? I'm up to grade 5 materials for my Chichu (used a mixture of all four infusion materials in previous grades) and since its unpurchasable in shops, it will be too time consuming to kill mud frogs just to get it. Would an all-out potent crystal levelling still get a chichu with over 1000 strength?

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Does anyone know the difference in strength if you use all potent materials on a Chichu as opposed to all power? I'm up to grade 5 materials for my Chichu (used a mixture of all four infusion materials in previous grades) and since its unpurchasable in shops, it will be too time consuming to kill mud frogs just to get it. Would an all-out potent crystal levelling still get a chichu with over 1000 strength?
    I leveled up my Chichu with only Potent materials and Power materials. As long as you do not feed him any of either Vitality or Mana materials, he will still go over 1,000 STR with Potent and/or Power materials. Do not worry too much about it! =3

Banned

What is the best way to recruit a green chocobo for a medic. I have Bunkerbeast for a good sentinel but is there a better sentinel then this monster.What items should I buy for both of them.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For Saboteur, there's Dendrobium (faster to lvl) and Necrosis (quite costly). I chose Dendrobium because it was faster to get the debuffs and plus it was incredibly useful when I fought Yomi. It's ability was helpful =D

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What is the best way to recruit a green chocobo for a medic. I have Bunkerbeast for a good sentinel but is there a better sentinel then this monster.What items should I buy for both of them.
    Best way is to turn on Monster Collector Fragment skill, have a Feral Link kill the chocobo and then hope you get it.
    Bunkerbeast (to me) is an awesome SEN. I've used it ever since I've got it. Just infuse it with Mediguard cause it doesn't learn it at all at any point, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast