Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by Satiety Best way is to turn on Monster Collector Fragment skill, have a Feral Link kill the ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    Best way is to turn on Monster Collector Fragment skill, have a Feral Link kill the chocobo and then hope you get it.
    Bunkerbeast (to me) is an awesome SEN. I've used it ever since I've got it. Just infuse it with Mediguard cause it doesn't learn it at all at any point, lol.
    I don't have monster collector fragment skill yet and I have bunkerbeast he has mediguard skill in my party now.

Bringing the PAIN

Well for Sentinel I HIGHLY suggest you go grab Silver Chocobo. You need him for racing anyways so LVL him up as much as you can. He ends up with crazy HP and can get some great abilities.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    For Saboteur, there's Dendrobium (faster to lvl) and Necrosis (quite costly). I chose Dendrobium because it was faster to get the debuffs and plus it was incredibly useful when I fought Yomi. It's ability was helpful =D
    Thanks for adding in your recommendations! I rarely used a Saboteur monster in my party, as Serah herself or occasionally Noel too were sufficient enough as Saboteurs themselves.

PS: What was Dendrobium's Feral Link ability, and what does it do? :curious:
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Well for Sentinel I HIGHLY suggest you go grab Silver Chocobo. You need him for racing anyways so LVL him up as much as you can. He ends up with crazy HP and can get some great abilities.
    Silver chocobo is kind of hard and is it a one time only monster capturing or is there any other location to get him.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    Silver chocobo is kind of hard and is it a one time only monster capturing or is there any other location to get him.
    Silver Chocobo is not tamed in battle, but is a one-time capture only. You only need Moogle's Improved Throw ability from Mog's Manifestation Fragment Skill (obtained once you unlock Serendipity the first time - google it up for more details). Then, go to the green sphere in Academia 4XX AF, where Hope and Alyssa are located nearby, and throw Mog into the green sphere. You will get the Silver Chocobo this way.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

As far as the whole using a Silver Chocobo for racing goes, you need to make sure when you level him up he has 800+ in both magic and strength since that will cap you out fully on his speed and stamina, you can reach A rank lower than 800 but you won't be fully capped out on total potential out of the two stats but you can easily reach the 800 mark on both if you just feed him potents, if on the other hand you feed him on vitality instead and you're short of 800, you can infuse some Magic/Strength boosting passives to help you hit the mark (tonberrys are awesome for this and can give you a 35% boost to both stats and to any other monster you feel like infusing him with)

I have a few setups I alternate between, but as far as paradigms/monsters go are as follows..

Serah/Noel/Monster

COM/COM/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45
    RAV/COM/RAV - Cloudburst - Lv 40
    RAV/COM/MED - Green Chocobo - Lv 99
    RAV/MED/MED - Green Chocobo - Lv 99
    SEN/SEN/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45
    SAB/SYN/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45

This is pretty much what I used throughout the entire game more or less, I basically would alternate between the 1st and 2nd setup constantly for ATB refresh and spam the ga's between them, so ruinga, then switch, follow up with firaga or thundaga, repeat and that would basically be overkill over mobs while being able to migitate any damage with the Silver Chocobo.

Bosses I'd change things up slightly but it's no different basically, 3rd one would be when I needed some healing but still be on the offence, and 4th one for when I needed that extra help with keeping everyone going while still keeping the chain gauge up, 5th one for those times when a boss does some crazy AoE crap and the last one for buffing/debuffing when needed.

Another setup I have I use exclusively with Yomi and it goes as follows...

Serah/Noel/Monster

SAB/SAB/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45
    MED/COM/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45
    SEN/SEN/SEN - Silver Chocobo - Lv 45
    MED/MED/MED - Green Chocobo - Lv 99

Pretty much full timing a SEN since Yomi attacks pretty fast and he needs to be managed otherwise shit can hit the fan pretty fast, SAB's get poision on as quickly as they can, soon as it lands I switch to the 2nd setup to heal up the SEN while he gets beat on and to also heal Noel when he gets hit and of course Noel just adds to the DoT effect while being in COM, triple SEN for when Yomi uses AoE and Triple MED for when he goes into his healing phase and need everyone to be fully healed quickly.

I have a third setup I use for Raspatil but all I can remember at the moment is that I get rid of Green Chocobo and Silver Chocobo and replace them with Chichu and Yakshini.

Does anyone else think that twilight odin is kinda... meh? I thought about leveling him up to see what he's like, have him sitting at around 70 or so and his Strength/Magic is appalling (it's at like around 300 or so for both stats) I know his stats supposably spike quite abit after 80 but I don't even know if he's worth the effort anymore... has anyone leveled him up fully and have a good build for him?
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hmm, whats a better sentinel, Bunkerbeast or Xolotl? I know that people say the silver choco is the best, but I'm going to use him in racing...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Hmm, whats a better sentinel, Bunkerbeast or Xolotl? I know that people say the silver choco is the best, but I'm going to use him in racing...
    Xolotl, by far. Bunkerbeast is ideal for mid-game where you can get him early in Yaschas Massif, but as you reach end-game at Academia 500 AF, that is where you can capture Xolotl. It has the highest physical and magical resist at 36%, Improved Guard, able to reach 12K HP with HP+25%, and when you infuse Mediguard from Pulse Knight, Deathward and a few other SEN abilities that Xolotl does not naturally have, as well as Resist Elements+30% (from a Level 33 Caterchipillar), he literally becomes one big tank.

EDIT:

Here is a comparison between two of the best Sentinels in the game -

Tezcatlipoca (SEN): Resist Physical: +15% (11), Resist Magic: +15% (12), Resist Physical: +26% (23), Resist Magic: +26% (24), Resist Physical: +36% (41), Resist Magic: +36% (42), Auto-Tetradefense (60); Critical-Tetradefense (1)

Xolotl (SEN): Resist Physical: +15% (11), Resist Magic: +15% (12), Resist Physical: +26% (23), Resist Magic: +26% (24), Resist Physical: +36% (36), Resist Magic: +36% (39); Improved Guard II (1)

As you can see here, while both monsters can only be captured at Academia 500 AF, Xolotl has more durability with Improved Guard, while Tezcatlipoca may have Auto-Protect, and other auto-buffs at the beginning of battle but they wear off after a while.

Refer to this post for the list of monsters with multiple best-tier abilities: http://asia.gamespot.com/final-fanta...-etc-61864686/
    Last edited by cocoasg; 02-14-2012 at 08:01 PM.

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    Does anyone else think that twilight odin is kinda... meh? I thought about leveling him up to see what he's like, have him sitting at around 70 or so and his Strength/Magic is appalling (it's at like around 300 or so for both stats) I know his stats supposably spike quite abit after 80 but I don't even know if he's worth the effort anymore... has anyone leveled him up fully and have a good build for him?
    I think I wasted hundreds of thousands of gil for Twilight Odin
    Like you, mine is sitting at 70 and I don't see him as a good Commando at all.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Thanks for adding in your recommendations! I rarely used a Saboteur monster in my party, as Serah herself or occasionally Noel too were sufficient enough as Saboteurs themselves.

PS: What was Dendrobium's Feral Link ability, and what does it do? :curious:
    No problem. Its feral link was basically adding debuffs on the enemy. It did Curse and Poison to Yomi so it helped me pretty much when killing Yomi (due to it's insane Invincible ability). And you're right about having a SAB as a monster in the party... I barely used it because the other team members were able to do it well. I only used SABs for special circumstances to make it easier for me (I like applying debuffs xD).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Xolotl, by far. Bunkerbeast is ideal for mid-game where you can get him early in Yaschas Massif, but as you reach end-game at Academia 500 AF, that is where you can capture Xolotl. It has the highest physical and magical resist at 36%, Improved Guard, able to reach 12K HP with HP+25%, and when you infuse Mediguard from Pulse Knight, Deathward and a few other SEN abilities that Xolotl does not naturally have, as well as Resist Elements+30% (from a Level 33 Caterchipillar), he literally becomes one big tank.
    Awesome thanks. Xolotl looks pretty badass too, and I like having giant monsters on my team. Although I find its face extremely ugly. I wish Xolotl could have the head of a behemoth XD

Banned

Silver Chocobo is not tamed in battle, but is a one-time capture only. You only need Moogle's Improved Throw ability from Mog's Manifestation Fragment Skill (obtained once you unlock Serendipity the first time - google it up for more details). Then, go to the green sphere in Academia 4XX AF, where Hope and Alyssa are located nearby, and throw Mog into the green sphere. You will get the Silver Chocobo this way.
    I did but I didn't recieve anything when I throw my mog to the green sphere like silver chocobo and not sure I alreay have him or lose him when infusing monster.

No Game No Life

I did but I didn't recieve anything when I throw my mog to the green sphere like silver chocobo and not sure I alreay have him or lose him when infusing monster.

throw mog on that light blue spot and you should get it

Currently Playing:

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Awesome thanks. Xolotl looks pretty badass too, and I like having giant monsters on my team. Although I find its face extremely ugly. I wish Xolotl could have the head of a behemoth XD
    Just put an Angel Halo on Xolotl's head, easily done by going to Adornments after selecting Xolotl from the Monsters list. I cannot remember where I got that adornment from, but once you get that, put it on Xolotl and he looks soooo.... mystical. ^o^

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just put an Angel Halo on Xolotl's head, easily done by going to Adornments after selecting Xolotl from the Monsters list. I cannot remember where I got that adornment from, but once you get that, put it on Xolotl and he looks soooo.... mystical. ^o^
    Hmm looked up an adornments list and I think it's a Chocobo race win - you've 'beaten' the races right? I'd love to get my hands on that but haven't yet started racing, still trying to mop up all the fragments and paradoxes.
    Eeyup.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Hmm looked up an adornments list and I think it's a Chocobo race win - you've 'beaten' the races right? I'd love to get my hands on that but haven't yet started racing, still trying to mop up all the fragments and paradoxes.
    Ah, yes, the Halo adornment. Yup, I had won pretty much most of the chocobo races, and their prizes, while I was playing FFXIII-2. Get it; it looks awesome on Xolotl and any other monster as well!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post

throw mog on that light blue spot and you should get it
    I think I already throw towards that area but it seem I have bad luck and I'll try it again.Is it a one time catch.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I think I already throw towards that area but it seem I have bad luck and I'll try it again.Is it a one time catch.
    The capture rate for the Silver Chocobo is only about 5%, so it will most likely take several tries...took me about 7....you are most likely doing it right, you just need to keep trying

On a side note....if anyone is looking for an awesome Ravager, spend 2.99 for the Lightning DLC then capture her and level her up to level 13.... you will get a great Ravager that is sexy as well

No Game No Life

that's weird Do you have Mog's Manifestation fragment ability turned on? I am sure I got mine immediately when I threw mog there.

Currently Playing:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is Challenge always a good role ability to infuse into sentinel monsters?

On a side note for the silver chocobo, although I'm not sure about the 'catch rate', it did take me 6 throws to get it.
    Eeyup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast