Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread

This is a discussion on Official Final Fantasy Monster Taming Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by Thowra Is Challenge always a good role ability to infuse into sentinel monsters? On a side note ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Is Challenge always a good role ability to infuse into sentinel monsters?

On a side note for the silver chocobo, although I'm not sure about the 'catch rate', it did take me 6 throws to get it.
    Of course. Challenge and Provoke are the reasons you have to have a Sentinel monster in your party most times. Challenge is stronger than Provoke since it literally forces even a boss to focus on the Sentinel only but does not have the wide-area effect like Provoke. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Does magic affect how well a synergist performs? I know it affects medics, ravagers and saboteurs. I'm kind of starting to regret feeding my yakshini all these mana stuff as he now has low health. Also, I've heard people say the purple chocobo is better than yakshini post game - is this true? Their stats seem pretty similar to me. Chocobo looks better though.
    Eeyup.

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Does magic affect how well a synergist performs? I know it affects medics, ravagers and saboteurs. I'm kind of starting to regret feeding my yakshini all these mana stuff as he now has low health. Also, I've heard people say the purple chocobo is better than yakshini post game - is this true? Their stats seem pretty similar to me. Chocobo looks better though.
    Yes it does, it'll make the buff last longer, but it's not as apparent of a difference like other roles. I prefer the chocobo, since they are pretty fast and when you get them to 99 they have good amount of health (6-8k depending on how you level them and role). There's also the pack mentality passive ability you can give them that helps if you use all chocobos. If you have the patience/gil, you could always max out a purple chocobo and infuse it with your yakshini.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Couple of builds for folk. I'm working towards these at the minute, but the Damn Tonberry just isn't dropping his crystal for me.

Cloudburst:

127 Atk/ 1286 Mag/ 8074 HP
    Passives: Critical Faith (L)
    Auto-Enfrost(L)
    HP 30%
    Mag 35%(YL)
    Role Resonance(YL)
    Resist Physical 36%
    REsist Magic 36%
    ATB Charge II
    Feral Speed II
    Chain Bonus Boost II
    01) I used Mana materials for Big Nodes, Potent for Small nodes and skills acquired
    02) Monsters needed for Infusion:
    Mud Frog Lv. 19-Filter
    Tonberry Lv. 22-Magic 35%
    MewMao Lv.23-Resist Magic 36%
    Green Chocobo Lv. 48-Resist Physical 36%
    (Optional) Metal Cactaur Lv 45-Auto-Faith
    Forked Cat Lv 54-HP 30%
    Frag Leech Lv 30 Role Resonance
    Pink Lily Lv 30- Chain Bonus Bost II
    Dragoon Lv 4- Feral Speed II
    Yeoman Lv 1- ATB Charge II
    Circutron Lv 15- Learn Thundaga
    Bomb Lv 15- Learn Firaga
    (3 Lv 40 Frag Leech - Learn Vigor)
    03) Infusion Process :
    Infuse Lv 19 Mud frog with:
    Lv 22 Tonberry
    Lv 23 MewMao
    Lv 48 Green chocobo
    Lv 45 (Optional Metalcactaur)
    Lv 54 Forked Cat
    Lv 30 Frag Leech if you did not use Metal Cactaur
    Now infuse Lv 40 Cloudburst with Lv 19 Mud Frog
    Next infuse Lv 40 Cloudburst with (Lv 30 Frag Leech if you used Lv 45 Metal Cactaur) then with Lv 30 Pink Lily,Lv 4 Dragoon, and (Lv 1 Yeoman last if you did not use Lv 45 Metal Cactaur)
    Now lnfuse Lv 40 Cloudburst with Lv 15 Circultron to learn Thundaga and Lv 15 Bomb to learn Firaga Lastly infuse 3 Lv 40 Frag leech to learn the Hidden Skill Vigor. I listed the Metal Cactaur as optional because of the resources need to level him up and some people may not be willing to invest. Also the fact that he was a pain to capture. (Please not that if you use Metal Cactaur in this build you will not be able to add Yeoman's ATB Charge II)

Chichu:

a) OBTAINING CHICHU Warp to AF??? Archylte Steppe, then go S from nomad settlement and look for a small patch of red flowers in the field of grass. Toss Moogle in that patch at least two times to get Chichu (you may obtain an adornment first, so that's why you need to try twice sometimes). Once you obtain Chichu, start feeding it with materials that raise STR.

b) CHICHU'S STATS Here's an example of stats for a good Chichu build. LV 70, 5830 HP, 1520 ATK, 460 MAG, ATB Lv6 [HP/ATK/MAG can vary*1] Passive skills: HP +30%, Role Resonance, Str +35%, Auto-Bravery, Resist Physical +36%, Resist Magical +36%, Attack: ATB Charge II, Siphon Boost II, Feral Speed II, Pack Mentality

c) WHY IS CHICHU SO GREAT? - Hard to kill: HP+30%, 36% resistance to all attacks - High attack: Strong base attack, ATK+35%, Auto-Bravery, Role Resonance*2 - Fast: Attack: ATB Charge II + Siphon Boost II (quicker than Auto-Haste)

d) PROCESS OF GODLY BUILD In order for Chichu to learn Jeopardize (hidden auto-ability), you need to infuse Chichu with RAV monsters whose combined level equals 99 or more. Once you do that, Jeopardize is auto-learnt. GameFAQs user "laurencium" suggests that the best way is infusing Chichu with six lv17 Zwerg Scandroids. They require only lv1 mats to be raised, and don't have any transferrable passives until they hit lv18. Alternatively, you can do it the way I did - capture several different RAV monsters, and raise their levels until you hit their first transferrable passive ability.

Second you need to capture 9 monsters. Here you have their names, monster role, HPs when fought as an enemy and general encounter spot. - Orion, COM, 16600 HP, AF200 Augusta Tower - Mud Frog, RAV, 36600 HP, W Archylte Steppe (rain, sunny, windy) - Tonberry, COM, 393939 HP, AF300 Bresha Ruins - Mewmao, SYN, 21960 HP, W Archylte Steppe (rain) - Green Chocobo, MED, 146400 HP, AF100 Yaschas Massif - Major Moblin, SEN, 61000 HP, W Archylte Steppe (rain, sunny, windy) - Forked Cat, SAB, 24400 HP, AF400 Oerba, beach - Fencer, RAV, 15680 HP, AF400 Academia*3 - Frag Leech, COM, 3250 HP, AF200 Oerba, beach

Once you capture all monsters listed, level them up on Crystarium. - Orion to lv14 (Adrenaline) - Mud Frog to lv19 - Tonberry to lv24 (ATK+35%) - Mewmao to lv23 (36% resistance to magic damage) - Green Chocobo to lv48 (36% resistance to physical damage) - Major Moblin to lv40 (Auto-Bravery) - Forked Cat to lv54 (HP+30%) - Fencer to lv18 (Siphon Boost II*4) - Frag Leech to lv30 (Role Resonance)

Next, go to Monsters menu, and proceed exactly as shown here! -
    Select lv70 Chichu. - Infuse Chichu with lv16 Orion. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv15 Buccaboo = 15lv in RAV. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv15 Buccaboo Ace = 30lv in RAV. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv15 Pink Lily = 45lv in RAV. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv15 Pleuston = 60lv in RAV. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv6 Koboldroid Yang = 66lv in RAV. -
    Select lv19 Mud Frog. -
    Infuse Mud Frog with lv24 Tonberry. -
    Infuse Mud Frog with lv23 Mewmao. -
    Infuse Mud Frog with lv48 Green Chocobo. -
    Infuse Mud Frog with lv40 Major Moblin. -
    Infuse Mud Frog with lv54 Forked Cat. -
    Select lv70 Chichu. - Infuse Chichu with lv19 Mud Frog = 85lv in RAV. -
    Infuse Chichu with lv18 Fencer = 103lv in RAV (Jeopardize learnt). -
    Infuse Chichu with lv30 Frag Leech. - You're done!*5

*1 Statistics can vary depending on what materials you used when leveling up.
    *2 Phys. damage +20% if 2 COM on team, phys. damage +10% if 1 COM on team.
    *3 Only three units of this enemy exist. Save before fighting it, and reload if you're unsuccessful in capturing it.
    *4 ATB charges faster when attacking.
    *5 You're welcome to choose other abilities based on your taste. Some players might prefer Chichu to learn Ruinga or other useful abilities. The choice is totally up to you.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I picked these builds from, so I can't attribute properly, but they do seem to be popular builds across various forums.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Here is the Yakshini build I used:

Yakshini (SYN) Build (Grown using Vitality materials except for the last growth stage where I used Potent materials because Vitality crystals were a pain to farm.)

[Red Locked] First Strike
    Resist Elements +30% - (Lv33 Caterchipillar)
    HP+30% (Lv54 Forked Cat)
    Resist Magic +36% (Lv35 Mewmao - Get Enthunder and Enaero)
    Resist Physical +36% (Lv48 Green Chocobo)
    Magic +35% - (Lv22 Tonberry)
    Auto-Veil (Unnecessary addon from Caterchipillar)
    Feral Speed II - (Lv1 Gancanagh)
    Ally KO: Power Surge (Unnecessary addon from Tonberry)
    Improved Raise (Unnecessary addon from Caterchipillar)
    Enfire (Lv 1 Amanojaku)
    Enfrost (Lv2 Amanojaku)

Capture Amanojaku twice to get Enfire and Enfrost. If you want to do in one go, then level Amanojaku to level 15 and then infuse. But you will also get the addon of Auto-Vigilance.

Note that Auto-Veil, Ally-KO: Power Surge and Improved Raise are at the bottom of abilities list and can easily be replaced by other better abilities. Make sure you infuse another Lv1 Gancanagh to yellow lock Feral Speed II and you're good to go. I most probably will end up putting Resilience +40% from Necrosis later.

To put the finishing touches, capture five Level 20 Ceratosaurs, and feed them to Yakshini to learn the Hidden Boon ability. Ceratosaurs can be found in Sunleth Waterscape 300 AF.

Monster Locations:
    Caterchipillar - Archylte Steppe (Rainy - Clearwater Marshes)
    Forked Cat - Oerba 400AF
    Mewmao - Archylte Steppe (Rainy - Clearwater Marshes)
    Green Chocobo - Yaschas Massif 100AF
    Tonberry - Bresha Ruins 300AF (In the tunnels)
    Gancanagh - Archylte Steppe (Rainy - Clearwater Marshes)
    Amanojaku - Bresha Ruins 005AF (Echoes of the past - I found them easier with Battlemania fragment, on the steps closer to the south east of the central gate (east of chocolina). Between this and the 2 I posted above, Cloudburst and Chichu I took down Raspatil in around 2.30 and got my 99,999 damage trophy as well from one of Chichu's attacks as far as I could tell.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

Lvl 1 - Bronze

GoddessWarriorLightning makes your life all the more easier >.>

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My lineup, even after beating the game is still

Buccaboo Ace (RAV) Lv. 35 | 565/666
    Proto-Behemoth (COM) Lv. 31 | 844/325
    Flanitor (MED) Lv. 46 | 396/702

And I'm not sure what their max levels are, but I can continue leveling them to be even stronger.
    And I super-leveled a Silver Chocobo (SEN) to use in the Chocobo races, but looking at its stats, I would say it's a pretty powerful sentinel. These are some of the best monsters I have found, not only for their attack and magic stats, but also because they can take a hit, or because they level up faster each level than other monsters that have good base stats.

Buccaboo Ace: Archylte Steppe
    Proto-Behemoth: Academia 500AF
    Flanitor: Augusta Tower 200 & 300AF

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Okay, I have been attempting to get the pulsework knight. it says that I have it as tamed, but it is not one of the 10 monsters i have kept in my monster list. Is there no way to reset that so that I can capture it again?

Feel free to email me at kylepbudke@gmail.com really want to get this guy again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234