Fragment Help - Particularly Oerba 300AF - 400AF

This is a discussion on Fragment Help - Particularly Oerba 300AF - 400AF within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Trying to the last two fragments in 300af and 3 fragments in 400af Oerba, I know I'm missing one of ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Fragment Help - Particularly Oerba 300AF - 400AF

Trying to the last two fragments in 300af and 3 fragments in 400af Oerba, I know I'm missing one of the Graviton Cores does someone know where it is? I've done all the Anomaly side quests, just can't figure out where the remainder are, any assistance is appreciated.

For people needing help with fragments in general I've been using "Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 160 Fragment Locations Complete" - YouTube to find them, he neglected to add a few maps though, thus the need for help

Cheers.

Platinum Procrastinator

All of the fragments in Oerba 300/400 AF are Temporal Rifts. I only got 2 in Oerba 400 AF so far, but I have all of them in 300 AF. There are two locations in 300 AF that are hidden so you need to use Mog and his R1 ability to find them. One of them down by the water after you go down the stairs I believe in the north section of the map. I think, can't remember for sure, that the second hidden one if by the tree roots towards the left side of the map.

Just walk around and pay attention to when Mog says something or starts lighting up. Eventually you'll find them. For the Gravitation Cores, check out this video:

Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks I just realized, just need to get the the core now. although I just finished the cutscene with mog in 400AF and I still have 2 more fragments to find, (one being the core) one I'm missing is 6th from the top in fragment location list. Related to a paradox ending I think?

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by skinny2007 View Post
    Thanks I just realized, just need to get the the core now. although I just finished the cutscene with mog in 400AF and I still have 2 more fragments to find, (one being the core) one I'm missing is 6th from the top in fragment location list. Related to a paradox ending I think?
    I'm not sure. I managed to get 2 more fragments in Oerba 400AF but then had to go out plowing snow so I can't help you anymore as I don't have all of them. Hopefully I'll be able to answer you in a few hours when I start playing again.

Platinum Procrastinator

I found out where the sixth fragment from the top is located in Oerba 400AF and the Gravitation Core. For the fragment, you have to use Mog's R1 ability again on the roof of the building with all of the plants and flowers. As soon as you get to the top of the stairs it should be there. For the Gravitation Core, you again have to use Mog's R1 ability in the top left section of the water area of the map. The spot that you normally can't walk on in Oerba 200 and 300 AF.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Oh the damn puzzles here, & i was only doing the Oreba 300 AF ones not 400 AF (another wild artifact needed).And the book guide says Oreba 400 AF are the hardest yet, in the words of my nephew playing it on the 360 "wanted to shoot myself"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

this will be good info for when im stuck. im at the Oerba 300, and i HATE, capital H! A! T! E! the darn clock one. the first stage was actually easy but ive been stuck on this 2ns stage for about 15 minutes >< is there a guide to these darn clock ones!!!!???

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    Oh the damn puzzles here, & i was only doing the Oreba 300 AF ones not 400 AF (another wild artifact needed).And the book guide says Oreba 400 AF are the hardest yet, in the words of my nephew playing it on the 360 "wanted to shoot myself"
    Quote Originally Posted by blazing hellion View Post
    this will be good info for when im stuck. im at the Oerba 300, and i HATE, capital H! A! T! E! the darn clock one. the first stage was actually easy but ive been stuck on this 2ns stage for about 15 minutes >< is there a guide to these darn clock ones!!!!???
    I liked the clock puzzles at first but then I played two of them in Oerba 400AF and they both took me probably 20 minutes each. Also, whenever I failed them, they would change to a different one so there was no way of trying every different combination so I don't think there is a guide for them.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i have the official strategy guide and of all three puzzle variations it only SHOWS the ones where you run across the tiles to clear(not connect) the crystals. The crystral connect ones it simply shows the pic,and the clock ones it only has one explanation page showing how they all move from whatever one you choose,1= 1 turn of the hand, 2= 2 turns of the hands,so unfortunately just an explanation of how it works. Honestly took me a few runs before i recognized that they were #s on the clock, last one in Oreba 400 AF as i type this,and last fragment there.

Bringing the PAIN

Ya some of them change... Its all a matter of a puzzle. It won't be simple but once you get the rhythm of how they work it's not so bad. For the ones that don't change when you restart, If you get it down to just 1-2 numbers, try to start with one of them to clear them and then do exactly what you did before. Seems to work every time! The changing ones suck but just take a min to look at it and plan your movements.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2