Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Square Enix sheds light on FFXIII-2 Ending - *No Spoilers*

This is a discussion on Square Enix sheds light on FFXIII-2 Ending - *No Spoilers* within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by DeadPool Why do you hate all the time. All I hear from you is Blah Blah Blah ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Why do you hate all the time. All I hear from you is Blah Blah Blah Microsoft is great, Blah Blah Blah Sony sucks and Blah Blah Blah FF is dead. Guess what blah blah blah who gives a damn about your bias opinion.

Anyway I don't mind spending alittle cash for the game cause I love it. People do it for map packs all the time.
    Blah blah blah spam.

Quote Originally Posted by LordFenton View Post
    The price is 3 dollars. Long as it gives me a few 5-25 hours I'm cool with it. If it's an 30 min deal like other DLC I tried for RPGs yeah I'll be disappointed in unless the story is really good. People whined about this since it's the popular thing instead of looking at it the way I am looking at it. At least it's not 15 dollar map pack with 2 new maps and 3 rehashes.
    $3? Got a source?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    what square enix is doing is you ordering and paying for a cake expecting a full cake.

what you get in return is a cake with a quarter of it missing, then the baker (Square enix) asks you to pay 10$ each for each slice so you can complete your cake.

thats what they are basically doing. You are paying to complete your game when it should of been completed in the first place.

they could of done it like they did portal 2, They gave you a full cake and then said "you know what, you deserve a few more slices, on the house because we know how much you love our cakes"

but no. that would be nice and square enix doesn't understand what being intelligent and helping lure their fanbase they alienated with 13 back means.
    Halo 2 ended on a bullshit ending as well and they made you buy a whole game to see what happened.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Click-Click-Kaboom

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    what square enix is doing is you ordering and paying for a cake expecting a full cake.

what you get in return is a cake with a quarter of it missing, then the baker (Square enix) asks you to pay 10$ each for each slice so you can complete your cake.

thats what they are basically doing.
    I guess no one else does DLC. Let's see Tiger Woods the day it came out had over 100 bucks of DLC. Halo 3 had alot of DLC also. I can keep going but I think or hope you get the point. I just get tired of you bashing FF and Sony. But you praise XBox like its a god. Hello the site is called PS3Trophies NOT XboxAchievements.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    $3? Got a source?
    i think he's converting the Yen price to dollars

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Have you ever played a Final Fantasy that did not have a compelling story.
    Final Fantasy II (not the US version which is IV)
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy XI (which I put over 700 days of play time into over the course almost 8 years)
    Final Fantasy XII

All of which had either majorly lacking stories and/or lackluster endings to them. Didn't mean I didn't enjoy the experience or put such a heavy emphasis on the story being what held everything together. Even with this being said, I would say the story of this game is strong enough to top all of the games I mentioned and the fact that people are upset about a cliffhanger ending proves that the story had at least some kind of pull for many of the people who played it, and the lack of a conclusive ending left them wanting (which means they had to have some sort of emotional investment to begin with).

Like I said in the other thread that Lilplaya started, I like movies and books with cliffhangers and it doesn't bother me - it leaves me wanting more. But hey, use that age as an excuse for not developing your own individual formulated opinion and let the media sway you with their takes on it... I'm still enjoying the game myself, and don't feel as if I were shafted out of single penny for what I was given with my money.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

I guess no one else does DLC. Let's see Tiger Woods the day it came out had over 100 bucks of DLC. Halo 3 had alot of DLC also. I can keep going but I think or hope you get the point. I just get tired of you bashing FF and Sony. But you praise XBox like its a god. Hello the site is called PS3Trophies NOT XboxAchievements.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    i think he's converting the Yen price to dollars
    I see . I'd rather wait for an official price, since one never knows whether devs will price content differently on differnt zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Final Fantasy XII
    Oh no you didn't! FFXII has one of the best-written stories Square has pulled out of their heads since... forever. Sure, Vaan sucks, but he's not even the protagonist, so who cares?

May I know why you didn't like it, and yet you liked VII's and VIII's?

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Click-Click-Kaboom

Your cool!

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 2 - Bronze

First Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC dated, detailed - GameSpot.com

There is my source. It's US Dollars so for the Yen to US Dollars not sure on that exchange.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Kiwi Defender

Your cool!
    I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by LordFenton View Post
    First Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC dated, detailed - GameSpot.com

There is my source. It's US Dollars so for the Yen to US Dollars not sure on that exchange.
    Ah, thanks a lot .

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Oh no you didn't! FFXII has one of the best-written stories Square has pulled out of their heads since... forever. Sure, Vaan sucks, but he's not even the protagonist, so who cares?

May I know why you didn't like it, and yet you liked VII's and VIII's?
    LOL we've had this discussion before the Forumpocalypse actually. I don't think that XII had the strongest of characters, and the story albeit decent, was a bit to disheveled for my taste and since it dealt with a lot of characters who were as bland as could be (except for Balthier and Ashe [who should have been the main protagonist to begin with]). I am not saying it's a bad game, it's side quests are some of the better in the series, and the battle system (albeit it should have been online 3 player co-op instead of gambits) was it's strongest point. It's just not memorable, and quite possibly (even more than XI which the overwhelming majority of detractors never played) had the weakest stories of the post epic Final Fantasy's.

I don't think VII was that strong either, but I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll just say it's passable, and I've said it numerous times that the story in VIII being character focused was one of my favorite's, albeit the battle system and the wonky don't level up to make the game easier scenario makes the game a guilty personal pleasure, but not something that is easy to defend.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Click-Click-Kaboom

I know right?
    Not Really! I will be nice and leave it at that....for now.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Halo 2 ended on a bullshit ending as well and they made you buy a whole game to see what happened.
    everyone agrees it's bullshit.

reasoning behind it though made sense. Bungie was on a shitty time limit thanks to peter moore and his tattoos. Blame the Publisher not the Developer.

EA has terrible DLC so your right.

Halo 3 was complete, the dlc was extra stuff.

There's diffrence between making a complete game then releasing extra content and cutting part of the game out to sell back to the users.

Kiwi Defender

Not Really! I will be nice and leave it at that....for now.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    LOL we've had this discussion before the Forumpocalypse actually. I don't think that XII had the strongest of characters, and the story albeit decent, was a bit to disheveled for my taste and since it dealt with a lot of characters who were as bland as could be (except for Balthier and Ashe [who should have been the main protagonist to begin with]). I am not saying it's a bad game, it's side quests are some of the better in the series, and the battle system (albeit it should have been online 3 player co-op instead of gambits) was it's strongest point. It's just not memorable, and quite possibly (even more than XI which the overwhelming majority of detractors never played) had the weakest stories of the post epic Final Fantasy's.

I don't think VII was that strong either, but I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll just say it's passable, and I've said it numerous times that the story in VIII being character focused was one of my favorite's, albeit the battle system and the wonky don't level up to make the game easier scenario makes the game a guilty personal pleasure, but not something that is easy to defend.
    I don't recall talking about FFXII with you, but I'll trust your memory.

Yeap, Ashe and Balthier are very good characters, and even thugh you control Vaan most of the time, he's not the protagonist. The protagonist is Ashe. You simply 'play' her story from someone else's perspective. The whole narrative focuses around Dalmasca's 'demise' thanks to the Empire, and how it tries to re-build itself through the resistance and the actions of the rightful heir to the throne who is trying to restore her kingdom to it's previous autonomy. It isn't about some young, unlikeable n00b who wants to have adventures and become a Sky Pirate.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12