Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Square Enix sheds light on FFXIII-2 Ending - *No Spoilers*

This is a discussion on Square Enix sheds light on FFXIII-2 Ending - *No Spoilers* within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; I'm just copying what was in the original article, which doesn't contain any spoilers . Explaining the abrupt finale during ...

  1. #1
    Nope, nothing
    Chambers35's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,674
    Reputation
    462

    Square Enix sheds light on FFXIII-2 Ending - *No Spoilers*

    I'm just copying what was in the original article, which doesn't contain any spoilers.

    Explaining the abrupt finale during his appearance at the Taipei Game Show 2012 in Taiwan, director Motomu Toriyama said Final Fantasy XIII-2 has a number of Paradox Endings, and that the “To Be Continued” is the studio's way of encouraging players to go back and dig up every possible conclusion.

    Additionally, Motomu noted Square Enix has a significant amount of DLC planned for the Final Fantasy XIII sequel, meaning true closure might have to wait until development is wrapped for good. Upcoming add-ons include the addition of Lightning and Amodar to the forthcoming Coliseum Battle mode, plus an individual episodes for for Lightning. Future episodes for Snow and Sazh have also been hinted.
    So there you go, the ending doesn't necessarily guarantee a sequel, it's just a way for them to get you to play more

    What is a bother to me, although I haven't actually played the game yet, is that if they do release DLC for the game which continues the story to the actual ending, is that fair for people who aren't willing to pay for extra content?
    I don't think so, why should you have to pay even more to finish a game you already paid full price for?

  2. #2
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Just as bad. It seems now, instead of having to shell out $60 on XIII-3 to have a real ending, you'll need to spend god knows how much on god knows how many DLCs. Here's hoping Square prices their DLC in a much more affordable way than Activision.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  3. #3
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    In all fairness, somebody will have the "endings" to the add-on contents on Youtube within a day of their individual releases. So if somebody really doesn't want to buy it and come to a conclusion, they probably wouldn't have to look very far for the answers they seek.

    After putting in about 45 hours into the game (at the last area, but going around fragment hunting and gambling) I really don't feel that the game shafted me out of content or my money's worth, and I still have quite bit more to go until I platinum it.

    I don't mind add-on scenarios that elaborate more, and offer extended game play. It's that type of DLC that I really enjoy spending money on. It's crap like costumes, weapons, or various other re-skinned junk that looks like money grubbing.

    It's not exactly if the majority of games today offer "conclusive" endings to begin with, but people seem to have no problem overlooking most of those titles.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  4. #4
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    iToxicityHD's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    661
    Reputation
    30

    Just hurry Square Enix. I'm done with Final Fantasy. If you are going to be wasting any time, waste it on Kingdom Hearts HD Remakes!
    I'm telling you now, if they were to make those, they would actually make money, and nobody would complain about them trying to just make a quick buck. Come on Sony make it happen!
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

    |Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

  5. #5
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Adell's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    194
    Reputation
    2

    I would've still prefered XIII-3, yeah I'm an idiot I'd pay an extra 60$ for a lot more hours of fun...
    Surgeon Of Death

  6. #6
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Just hurry Square Enix. I'm done with Final Fantasy. If you are going to be wasting any time, waste it on Kingdom Hearts HD Remakes!
    I'm telling you now, if they were to make those, they would actually make money, and nobody would complain about them trying to just make a quick buck. Come on Sony make it happen!
    They are still making money with this, you know? It's not like those 700k+ copies sold in Japan were sold for $10 .

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  7. #7
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,535
    Reputation
    185

    I have not played the game so I cannot judge on the ending. But I don't mind this at all as long as it is done right. Putting aside the fanboyism, doing it for the money, etc, the game wants to tell a story and for that game it told its story. The company, in theory, feels this will be a good way to add on more to the story with the DLC. If the DLC is something substantially, like a 10 to 20 hour, or even a 5 hour, segment, thats something done well. If it's like the 30 minute side-quest stuff seen in Dragon Age: Origins then its done wrong.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  8. #8
    Bringing the PAIN
    NOFORPAIN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    857
    Reputation
    58

    Ya the ending kinda confused me a bit... I was like "wait what just happened?" But I guess I get it now. I think they set it up so no XIII-3 is really possible so the continued thing is probably for the Paradox endings and DLC stuff.


    Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

  9. #9
    R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(
    john3007's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Theatre of Dreams
    Posts
    3,015
    Reputation
    237

    This does suck a bit as i would rather they put the full lot into the game.it would have just been better (imo) if they focused the whole thing into one game.fair enough if the dlc last a substantial amount of time for whatever it may cost,but id rather it be all one thing.i havent played it yet but it is my next game after the one im doing at the moment.

    Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

  10. #10
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Motomu noted Square Enix has a significant amount of DLC planned for the Final Fantasy XIII sequel, meaning true closure might have to wait until development is wrapped for good.

    they didn't even sell the fans the whole game


    why do fans still support this shitty company.

  11. #11
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    earthgeneral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    126
    Reputation
    1

    i think episodic dlc will be cool as long as its put out at a decent price and has trophies i've done a few paradox endings and they seem perfect to continue with downloadable episodes since there what if endings

    Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

  12. #12
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    WARNING: I am about to go on a rant.

    First off, why does a Final Fantasy game have dlc in the first place!!!!! Square said before the game was released that the dlc was only going to be costumes and characters. What on God's green Earth made them think that they needed story dlc. I am all for single player dlc in the form of extra missions/side missions, but continuing a story??? I give a pass to Mass Effect here, because atleas from what I here they have a sattisfying ending. From what I am reading this ending just well ends. This leads me to believe that Square did not have enough time to make the game and just stopped before the last chapter. That is right, I said it.Square did not finish there game. If they weren't going to finish a sequel to an already criticed game, then WHY DO THEY NOT PUT MORE RESOURCES INTO THE GAMES WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many people do they expect to buy this dlc anyways. I sure wouldn't, buy hey I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

    Sig by Bladia


  13. #13
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    WARNING: I am about to go on a rant.

    First off, why does a Final Fantasy game have dlc in the first place!!!!! Square said before the game was released that the dlc was only going to be costumes and characters. What on God's green Earth made them think that they needed story dlc. I am all for single player dlc in the form of extra missions/side missions, but continuing a story??? I give a pass to Mass Effect here, because atleas from what I here they have a sattisfying ending. From what I am reading this ending just well ends. This leads me to believe that Square did not have enough time to make the game and just stopped before the last chapter. That is right, I said it.Square did not finish there game. If they weren't going to finish a sequel to an already criticed game, then WHY DO THEY NOT PUT MORE RESOURCES INTO THE GAMES WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many people do they expect to buy this dlc anyways. I sure wouldn't, buy hey I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Just to be devil's advocate here - you're putting too much emphasis on a game's content being based heavily on an ending that is conclusive being the end all of what a "complete game" is. The game offers more than enough content to be easily considered a finished product, but you're basing your entire argument on the closing cuts scene needing to be something that is definitive in order to substantiate whether or not the entire experience is a fulfilling one? So basically it's screw the 40+ hours of playing that were fulfilling and enjoyable because the 10 minute FMV at the end that I watched didn't give me the answers to whether or not the solution of the paradoxes actually happened because it didn't spell everything out in a way that didn't require me to come up with my own subjective conclusion to the story. Damn Square Enix for not making the game I enjoyed playing have full definitive closure!

    Yeah, gotta love the overwhelming amount of "wah" that people can't seem to hold in anymore these days.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  14. #14
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Just to be devil's advocate here - you're putting too much emphasis on a game's content being based heavily on an ending that is conclusive being the end all of what a "complete game" is. The game offers more than enough content to be easily considered a finished product, but you're basing your entire argument on the closing cuts scene needing to be something that is definitive in order to substantiate whether or not the entire experience is a fulfilling one? So basically it's screw the 40+ hours of playing that were fulfilling and enjoyable because the 10 minute FMV at the end that I watched didn't give me the answers to whether or not the solution of the paradoxes actually happened because it didn't spell everything out in a way that didn't require me to come up with my own subjective conclusion to the story. Damn Square Enix for not making the game I enjoyed playing have full definitive closure!

    Yeah, gotta love the overwhelming amount of "wah" that people can't seem to hold in anymore these days.
    You have a good argument here. But you canno forget that this is a JRPG. And not just ay JRPG. This is Final Fantasy. This seris lt alone genre has a huge emphasis on story. Now I will say that I have not played the game. I will say it again, I have not played the game. I have heard from many (friends and podcast's hosts) that the story is already not very good to begin with. "The characters have no depth and the story makes no sense" is the general conception from what I am hearing from everyone. So imo the fact that this is a JRPG and it is missing the story part including a satisfying ending I just feel like Square sorta got lazy on this one. Also, sorry if it seemed like I was "wahhing?" I was just ranting on another reason that I am frusterated at Square.

    Sig by Bladia


  15. #15
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LordFenton's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where the Tonberry King Lives
    Posts
    91
    Reputation
    2

    The price is 3 dollars. Long as it gives me a few 5-25 hours I'm cool with it. If it's an 30 min deal like other DLC I tried for RPGs yeah I'll be disappointed in unless the story is really good. People whined about this since it's the popular thing instead of looking at it the way I am looking at it. At least it's not 15 dollar map pack with 2 new maps and 3 rehashes.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

    Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

  16. #16
    Korean Girl Group Groupie
    Rubicant81's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inevitably, Unattainable
    Posts
    1,417
    Reputation
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    You have a good argument here. But you canno forget that this is a JRPG. And not just ay JRPG. This is Final Fantasy. This seris lt alone genre has a huge emphasis on story. Now I will say that I have not played the game. I will say it again, I have not played the game. I have heard from many (friends and podcast's hosts) that the story is already not very good to begin with. "The characters have no depth and the story makes no sense" is the general conception from what I am hearing from everyone. So imo the fact that this is a JRPG and it is missing the story part including a satisfying ending I just feel like Square sorta got lazy on this one. Also, sorry if it seemed like I was "wahhing?" I was just ranting on another reason that I am frusterated at Square.
    Well it would help if you at least played it before coming up with an individual opinion on whether or not something is supposedly incomplete. I am not entirely sure what you mean by this is a JRPG or a Final Fantasytitle, it's not exactly as if the overwhelming majority of JRPGs have good stories or characters to begin with, if you are going to speak as a coherently strong overall presentation. The story to the game is fairly simple to deal with, and doesn't get overly complicated but at the same time doesn't suffer from any issues that make it a completely disheveled mess - and this is from someone who has played the game. The entire time travel mechanic at times can lead to situations that sometimes are strange (for example, bumping into an NPC at one time period doing an entire quest line or exposition with said NPC, then meeting them in another area and the PC acting as if it is their first meeting with the dialogue) but nothing seriously groundbreaking - just a few continuity errors that probably could have been addressed better with the planning. Not once does the story take away from the overall experience or detract from the player's ability to go about things the way they desire to.

    It sounds to me like your frustrations are a bit too tainted on other's experiences, and your own desire to have them work on something else instead of even giving the game a chance to begin with. But if you would prefer to let other's voices speak for you and would much prefer that the DLC content be costumes and re-skinned weapons over actual exposition and continuation of what to many people was an already enjoyable experience - that's your take. For me, bring on expanded story, missions, characters, at a reasonable price and they can have my money.

    Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

  17. #17
    Huge Skip Bayless fan.
    El Jefe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Set of ESPN: First Take
    Posts
    3,356
    Reputation
    99

    yeah im not paying to see conclusions. imma just stop playing the game at the platinum and watch all the dlc cutscenes on youtube.

    Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser


  18. #18
    Click-Click-Kaboom
    Il_WidowmakeR_Il's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Roanoke Virginia
    Posts
    298
    Reputation
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they didn't even sell the fans the whole game


    why do fans still support this shitty company.
    Why do you hate all the time. All I hear from you is Blah Blah Blah Microsoft is great, Blah Blah Blah Sony sucks and Blah Blah Blah FF is dead. Guess what blah blah blah who gives a damn about your bias opinion.

    Anyway I don't mind spending alittle cash for the game cause I love it. People do it for map packs all the time.

    PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il



  19. #19
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Why do you hate all the time. All I hear from you is Blah Blah Blah Microsoft is great, Blah Blah Blah Sony sucks and Blah Blah Blah FF is dead. Guess what blah blah blah who gives a damn about your bias opinion.

    Anyway I don't mind spending alittle cash for the game cause I love it. People do it for map packs all the time.

    what square enix is doing is you ordering and paying for a cake expecting a full cake.

    what you get in return is a cake with a quarter of it missing, then the baker (Square enix) asks you to pay 10$ each for each slice so you can complete your cake.


    thats what they are basically doing. You are paying to complete your game when it should of been completed in the first place.



    they could of done it like they did portal 2, They gave you a full cake and then said "you know what, you deserve a few more slices, on the house because we know how much you love our cakes"



    but no. that would be nice and square enix doesn't understand what being intelligent and helping lure their fanbase they alienated with 13 back means.

  20. #20
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Well it would help if you at least played it before coming up with an individual opinion on whether or not something is supposedly incomplete. I am not entirely sure what you mean by this is a JRPG or a Final Fantasytitle, it's not exactly as if the overwhelming majority of JRPGs have good stories or characters to begin with, if you are going to speak as a coherently strong overall presentation. The story to the game is fairly simple to deal with, and doesn't get overly complicated but at the same time doesn't suffer from any issues that make it a completely disheveled mess - and this is from someone who has played the game. The entire time travel mechanic at times can lead to situations that sometimes are strange (for example, bumping into an NPC at one time period doing an entire quest line or exposition with said NPC, then meeting them in another area and the PC acting as if it is their first meeting with the dialogue) but nothing seriously groundbreaking - just a few continuity errors that probably could have been addressed better with the planning. Not once does the story take away from the overall experience or detract from the player's ability to go about things the way they desire to.

    It sounds to me like your frustrations are a bit too tainted on other's experiences, and your own desire to have them work on something else instead of even giving the game a chance to begin with. But if you would prefer to let other's voices speak for you and would much prefer that the DLC content be costumes and re-skinned weapons over actual exposition and continuation of what to many people was an already enjoyable experience - that's your take. For me, bring on expanded story, missions, characters, at a reasonable price and they can have my money.
    Well how else do you expect me to form my opinion if I have never played it. I am 15, I can't afford to buy games that I ony have half interest in. What do you mean you do not understand what I mean. Have you ever played a Final Fantasy that did not have a compelling story. Even Xlll had some ineresting events. I understand your argument that the journey should be worth more than the destination. Maybe it is just me but I can never understand time travel to begin with. Unless it is Back To The Future of course. Anyways you clearly do not feel the same way buy, imo if there is no conclusion to something then what was the journey worth. Nothing imo. It is like if you were reading a book, but the last chapter was ripped out. I hop tat you are enjoying this game, but Square will not be getting my money on this one. Hopefully somewhere else this year they will.

    Sig by Bladia


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO