5 starring final boss help (SPOILERS)

This is a discussion on 5 starring final boss help (SPOILERS) within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; What are some strategies for 5 starring the final boss? Everytime I get the Jet Bahamut down to about half ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

5 starring final boss help (SPOILERS)

What are some strategies for 5 starring the final boss? Everytime I get the Jet Bahamut down to about half health he begins summoning the other 2 bahamuts like mad, forcing me to waste time taking them down. I've kept restarting everytime I exceeded 10 minutes, then gave up and just fought it out, which took me a whooping 15minutes even though the target time was 11.

I'm afraid to level up my characters too much as it will reduce the target time. Even with easy difficulty, I can't figure out how to beat this horrible dragon efficiently.

My characters so far: (approximately)
    Serah 320attack, 480magic, 3300HP
    Noel 480attack, 320magic, 4000HP
    Chichu 520attack, 280 magic, 2300HP COM
    Bucaboo Ace 320attack, 320magic, 3200HP RAV
    Bunkerbeast 100attack, 50magic, 5000HP SENT

My paradigms: (serah lead)
    COM COM COM (cross formation)
    RAV RAV COM (normal)
    SENT SENT SENT (normal)
    MED MED SENT (normal)
    RAV RAV RAV (normal)
    SAB SYN RAV (normal)

Should I change my paradigm/monsters, or level up? I'm just afraid levelling will decrease target time...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I didn't grind too much, but all of those seem quite underleveled, but if you insist on not leveling up further, here is what I would try.

I would probably switch out the ravager monster for a Yakshini (from Vile Peaks 010 AF) synthesis monster (probably at least level 30) and switch your final paradigm to a SAB - SYN - SYN and be sure you are fully buffed up right before the second sub-boss is down. The reason I say a synergist is because neither Serah or Noel are overly strong at the role, and are missing the vital Bravega and Faithga spells that would really cut time, but also boost your damage output.

If that doesn't work out, you'll probably need to pump in a few more crystarium levels, because you're pretty gutsy in attempting it that low (I don't think my stats were that low half-way through the game, but I like to explore). I really can't think of any other quick way to help out.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Actually it seems they've nerfed the whole target time going down with your ability/equipment. Because wearing high level equipment and maxed out at crystarium the game still thinks I'll take long to kill random enemies i've been killing for my bestiary. And even mini-bosses. It'll say for example, 1 min 30 seconds or 2 minutes for a battle that took me 3-5 seconds. So I think its more lenient this time around.

In any case, if you don't want to go down the grinding route (which I can say in this game I've never really had to do...just do the side quests, if you're attempting plat you'll need to do them anyway.) then listen to the advice Rubicant has given you. Otherwise there's not much else we can tell you if that doesn't work out other than increasing the crystarium.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow, I didn't know synergist monsters could do faithga and bravega (can any of them do faithra or bravera?) I haven't visited the vile peaks yet.

I think I'll add a few more levels to them then. I thought I was pretty high-levelled on a first run-through, but now I realise I'm not. Does Jet Bahamut respawn the other 2 randomly, or is there a time limit before he calls backup? Garnet and amber were both respawned a total of 3 times when I was fighting - is it random or a 5 minute interval?

PRO Member

I would have to say its random it's just took me 12.30 minutes to finish this boss and after killing the Garnet and Amber foes the 1st time Jet only respawned them both once in my battle.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    you forgot to close the thread hoff

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

In2
    January MOTM

Wait until your characters are maxed out. Took me 2 mins to defeat him

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.