Final Fantasy XIII-2: Snow and Valfodr DLC. Fight Against the Coliseumís Last Boss!

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIII-2: Snow and Valfodr DLC. Fight Against the Coliseumís Last Boss! within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; The Snow and Valfodr DLC will be released on the May 15th. The latest issue of Famitsu doesn’t list prices. ...

No Game No Life

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Snow and Valfodr DLC. Fight Against the Coliseumís Last Boss!

The Snow and Valfodr DLC will be released on the May 15th. The latest issue of Famitsu doesn’t list prices.

Snow will have a new episode as promised. Hideo Kubota told that the idea behind the episode came from the game’s female staffers. The theme of the episode is “Don’t fight for me” and it will show the feelings Snow and Serah have one for one-another.

Also the director, Motomu Toriyama, said that the episode will clear up some mysteries behind the coliseum itself. We’ll also learn about Snow’s mission as a L’Cie.

In the second hald of Snow’s episode will Valfodr do his appearance. You may have read about him from Final Fantasy XIII-2 datalog. He is the most powerful monster of Valhalla and he has kicked Mog’s ass when they faced in the battle field. (poor Moogle)

Valfodr has the ability to use weapons, magic and summons. You’ll apparently have to defeat him multiple times throughout the episode. Each time, he comes back at higher level and with additional abilities.

According to Toriyama, Valfodr was added to the game with the idea of having him appear as something like the Coliseum’s last boss. He’s the strongest opponent you’ll face in the Coliseum, and when at his maximum level is the most powerful monster in Final Fantasy XIII-2 as a whole.

Snow has a 30% catch rate and Valfodr’s rate depends on his level, but at maximum level the rate is 100% which should give you an idea of how hard it will be to defeat him.

When in your party, Snow is an attacker with a focus on punches and kicks. Valfodr is a blaster with the same strength as an attacker. Among his learnable arsenal are Hellflame, Hellspark, Hellstorm and Hellfreezer.

Source: Andriasang

Strongest boss huh? I'll be getting this then. Been awhile since I last fought something challenging.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 1 - Bronze

may 15th? can't wait

Galaxy beauty pirate

I might have the platinum then already, but maybe I'm up for a challenge.
    Sig by Ramon

Retired TGT Member

New DLC I still have only barely played FFXIII so maybe I'll just start looking for a FFXIII-2 collection next year or something so i can get all the DLC bundled and save some money

Beast Incarnate

After taking a break to plat Skyrim, I am lagging behind on FFXIII-2 DLC. I have a lot to catch up with, but this one looks especially cool

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post

Strongest boss huh? I'll be getting this then. Been awhile since I last fought something challenging.
    I thought the Jihl battle was fairly challenging

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i will have the platinum by then so this dlc will be useless to me at that point i bet that the monster will cost 3 dollars and the story dlc will cost 5 bucks

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I thought the Jihl battle was fairly challenging
    Well it was not challenging enough for me

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Winter Is Coming

I'm almost done with the story, might even have the plat by then. I'll probably get it cause i love Snow

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 1 - Bronze

what about Gilgamesh? it was a challenge....well at least for me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A ravager/blaster that can do as a commando/attacker? Sounds epic. I shall get this along with the ezio outfit for noel when the holidays come. I hope I'll be able to beat this valdof guy, I didn't level up my characters properly and noel and serah both have 600 base strength/magic in their respective stats. I hope that's enough to take this guy down...
    Eeyup.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Snow, my most hated character this game generation.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i dont think i will have too hard time with that guy, i GRINDED like hell end game, NOEL has 1300 p attk and serah has 1300 m attk, plus i have all 5 chocobos lvl 99 with blue and red having pack mentality. So i should be alright with it, only problem is i played and PLATTED right when came out,so might have brush up lil on the battle mechaincs again, but this and lighting EPS the ones i most been looking forward too.