Lightnig and Snow DLC released today

This is a discussion on Lightnig and Snow DLC released today within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; My friend texted me a few hours ago saying that he had just download the Snow and Lightning DLCs for ...

PRO Member

Lightnig and Snow DLC released today

My friend texted me a few hours ago saying that he had just download the Snow and Lightning DLCs for Final Fantasy 13-2, i get my check tomorrow, so i will be downloading it tomorrow morning...

i just wanted know how it is and what is everyones thoughts..

Please No Spoilers
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Snow DLC is just another Coliseum fighter and an additional to the team, I believe. There's no storyline about it unlike the others

The Lightning Storyline DLC unlocks the last slot at Valhalla in the Historia Crux and it tells the storyline after what happens (or in between) the final fight at the end of the main storyline (not sure the timeline lol). You're basically fighting using Lightning. She has her own set of Roles (they're pretty nifty) and what you do in it is basically fight over and over again while gaining "Levels". The beginning fight is gonna take you quite long (It took me 41 mins LOL) but as you go on it'll be much easier! Have fun with it!

EDIT: oh wow, something else happened but I can't really say without spoiling it. Keep getting higher levels or defeat the enemy at a faster time to get the next sequence, lol.
    Last edited by Satiety; 05-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.

PS420

Nice. I'll have to pick this up soon. Thanks for the info!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice. I'll have to pick this up soon. Thanks for the info!
    You're welcome. The episode is pretty nice. I just recently finished it and it definitely concludes Lightning's Storyline for sure and how she became crystalized lol. Lots of flashbacks as well ~

EDIT: well, I just played it again and there seems to be a secret ending, haha!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I bought this dlc and as soon as the captain comes into the battle he kills me right away. any tips?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ROOSTIN View Post
    I bought this dlc and as soon as the captain comes into the battle he kills me right away. any tips?
    You're in the wrong thread bud. We're talking about two different things, lol. This Lightning Episode DLC is not the Lightning & Captain Coliseum DLC.

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by ROOSTIN View Post
    I assume you mean Amodar? If so, I'd suggest putting a SEN in if he's killing you that quickly. Lightning is usually easier to kill off first, and you can stick deshell and deprotect on her pretty easily so I'd suggest doing that first. I'd suggest something like a SAB/SYN/SEN paradigm, or SAB/MED/SEN if you are still having trouble staying alive. Make sure you have protect on the entire time to keep the damage to a minimum, and put it back on and take off any other debuffs they put on you. The main idea will be to keep a SEN out while you stagger Light in something like COM/RAV/SEN. Once she's dead, Amodar is gonna use his main attack and most likely will kill the person he attacks, so use a phoenix down and heal them right away. The battle will get much easier from this point though. If he's still killing you fast, keep the SEN out, if not go more aggressive. Make sure to keep something like MED/MED/SEN for healing. Once your more advanced in the cyrstarium, you won't need a SEN anymore and you can finish this battle pretty quickly, so remember you can always come back to it and get them later.

Another thing that will help keep you alive will be to put a Grimoire Hat on the person you are using and stock up on potions, it'll help you stay alive and keep you out of healing paradigms. Noel is also pretty easy to get the vampiric strike syth ability so while he's doing damage he'll be healing himself. Just stack him with a few delicate power wristbands, and if you have teh Grasitha weapon (the weapon Ochu drops) that'll increase it too. If you still need some help, let me know more about the stats for your Serah/Noel and any monsters you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    You're in the wrong thread bud. We're talking about two different things, lol. This Lightning Episode DLC is not the Lightning & Captain Coliseum DLC.
    Just because he's talking about a different DLC doesn't mean you can't still help him .