Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Summon Raid, 1-2 DLC per Month

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIII-2: Summon Raid, 1-2 DLC per Month within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Here are a few new bits on Final Fantasy XIII-2 via Dengeki PlayStation's latest feature on the game. In an ...

No Game No Life

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Summon Raid, 1-2 DLC per Month

Here are a few new bits on Final Fantasy XIII-2 via Dengeki PlayStation's latest feature on the game.

In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama said that Snow and Serah lived together in the two years after the events of FFXIII-2. However, they're not married.

They also touched upon the recently revealed Kaias character, calling him the strongest enemy in Final Fantasy series history.

Square Enix has been slowly announcing download content for the game. There may be more to the DLC than just handing over your money, though. As an example, the two said to picture something where you get the new items after defeating newly added enemies.

Outside of the interview, the magazine has information on the game's monster calling system, whose Japanese name translates to Summon Raid. Some enemies will turn to crystal form after you defeat them. This means that you've captured them. You can then place them in a deck with other monsters.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is getting paid download content. But two questions remain: how much, and how much?

Regarding the first how much, producer Yoshinori Kitase told Dengeki PlayStation this week that the game will have a large amount of DLC. As a rough schedule, he said to expect one to two updates every month, each containing multiple items.

As for the other how much, Kitase said that they're not able to speak about the contents' price yet. He promised a good balance between price and the quality that customers will accept.

Square Enix has already announced a few pieces of DLC so far, including costumes, weapons and enemies. Kitase said to expect the content to be more involved than just downloading an item or weapon. The content will also be mixed in with play elements, where you have to defeat a monster in order to get an item, for instance.

Kitase confirmed that the game's downloadable costumes and weapons will show up in event scenes. They're currently making the necessary adjustments to get this working.

Outside of the interview with Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama, the Dengeki story provided a detailed look at the game's "Summon Raid" and "Syncro Drive Gauge" systems.

Summon Raid involves capturing monsters for use in battle. Here's the general flow of this system:
    • During battle, some percentage of your foes will turn to crystal. The percentage is dependent on the monster.
    • You can set your Summon Raid with up to three monsters. The monsters have specific roles.
    • During battle, as you switch Paradigms, the monsters will automatically swap in and out in accordance with their roles.

Synchro Drive Gauge is a special move system for your monster allies. When you have a monster taking part in battle, it builds up its Synchro Guage. When this builds up all the way, the monster will unleash a powerful special move. These may have quick timer events.

Andriasang
    Andriasang

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Hidden Saint

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    They also touched upon the recently revealed Kaias character, calling him the strongest enemy in Final Fantasy series history.
    The strongest!? Damn!

Outside of the interview, the magazine has information on the game's monster calling system, whose Japanese name translates to Summon Raid. Some enemies will turn to crystal form after you defeat them. This means that you've captured them. You can then place them in a deck with other monsters.
    That seems interesting - form a deck with monsters? Very... very interesting

... expect one to two updates every month, each containing multiple items.
    One or two every month?! Holy mother

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If we're looking at that sort of level of DLC, hopefully it's all >5 and that there are no gamebreaking bits of kit in there. You would imagine that any super-weapon would be guarded by a pretty heavy hitting monster and only available close to end-game.
    I was thinking about boasting about my :plat:'s and 100%'s, but then I thought why bother, not like they're anything amazing.

YLOD: 9/10/11. RIP

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i wonder if kaias will be stronger than mission 64 . also i wonder where are you going to stor the monsters that your not going to use. plus i hope that there is an easy tracking system for monsters and inventory. now for the downloadable content ill probably only buy high power monsters and items. hopefully most of the dlc is 1-2 dollars and the packages about 5 dollars at most

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Hidden Saint

Hope that the DLC's come to Europe

€ here...

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    i wonder if kaias will be stronger than mission 64 . also i wonder where are you going to stor the monsters that your not going to use. plus i hope that there is an easy tracking system for monsters and inventory. now for the downloadable content ill probably only buy high power monsters and items. hopefully most of the dlc is 1-2 dollars and the packages about 5 dollars at most
    I wonder if Kaias will be stronger than Yaizmat or Omega Gold. lol Anyway, to go a little bit off-topic... with this new battle system featuring the use captured monsters; are Noel & Serah plus a monster going to be the main battle party? I was hoping for multiple characters and 3 person parties... not just 2 characters and a captured monster as a battle party.

illegal in 9 countries

In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama said that Snow and Serah lived together in the two years after the events of FFXIII-2. However, they're not married.
    WWWHHHAAATTT? Did the rest of you miss that big news?

An unmarried couple living together...my word! Talk about your controversial game, this'll get all the forums talking. I can't wait to not see a ring on Serah's finger!

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

An unmarried couple living together...my word! Talk about your controversial game, this'll get all the forums talking. I can't wait to not see a ring on Serah's finger!
    What has this world come to?

Platinum Procrastinator

I'm not really liking what I'm hearing here to be honest. What happened to the days in FF where if you needed a special weapon or item you had to grind out the pieces needed for it. Not just download something new from the store. Final Fantasy is a series that doesn't need DLC and I'm really losing faith in Square Enix.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'm not really liking what I'm hearing here to be honest. What happened to the days in FF where if you needed a special weapon or item you had to grind out the pieces needed for it. Not just download something new from the store. Final Fantasy is a series that doesn't need DLC and I'm really losing faith in Square Enix.
    I hear ya, and I completely agree.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    What has this world come to?
    I know! There was a time when she'd be burnt at the stake as a witch. And rightly so, that brazen harlot!

I'm not really liking what I'm hearing here to be honest.
    You're right, they really should be married.

The card deck sounds interesting. The one thing missing from FFXIII that I wanted to see was some sort of mini-game. The best part of FFVIII for me was the Triple Triad card game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Huh? let's see about this if it's stronger than the Weapons..

Square Enix has already announced a few pieces of DLC so far, including costumes, weapons and enemies. Kitase said to expect the content to be more involved than just downloading an item or weapon. The content will also be mixed in with play elements, where you have to defeat a monster in order to get an item, for instance.
    WTF!! More DLC i say Square Enix is really desperate for more money it would more awesome if all the DLC weapons are hidden or beating a really badass boss to get them like the good ol' final fantasy days..

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by xero21 View Post
    Huh? let's see about this if it's stronger than the Weapons..

WTF!! More DLC i say Square Enix is really desperate for more money it would more awesome if all the DLC weapons are hidden or beating a really badass boss to get them like the good ol' final fantasy days..
    Exactly my thoughts

The card deck sounds interesting. The one thing missing from FFXIII that I wanted to see was some sort of mini-game. The best part of FFVIII for me was the Triple Triad card game.
    Well we're going to have somewhat like the Gold Saucer from FF VII so we can expect mini-games

I still wonder how powerful Kaias is He better be a lot stronger than Yiazmat and the Weapons

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah I agree with this chap. Believe me I don't usually jump on the 'hate everything Square Enix do nowadays' bandwagon, but DLC in an FF just feels wrong...

By the way, when they say that Kaiaiaiais dude is the strongest enemy ever, does that mean he will be an optional boss? Or do they mean strongest story mode boss ever, cos surely they can't put a Penance-like beast in the main story!

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Oh no! What will we do now! The horror!

Other than that, this news is pure

Korean Girl Group Groupie

This is how JRPG's work in this day and age.

Look at a company like Nippon Ichi Software and what they do with their titles. They release dozens of extra DLC content to increase revenue streams, and feed off of fans who will buy them. Square Enix is just doing the same that has been a successful trend by other companies.

It's not like Square Enix is new to this charging for things that should be included. I am going to use Final Fantasy XI as an example here. First four expansions, were truly what their namesake implies - expansions. Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, and Wings of the Goddess all added the areas, monsters, jobs, equipment, quests that made them worth it. Then come around 2009, they begin releasing the content that should have been just updates to the previous expansions of patched content as, "Add-On Scenarios" and started charging $10 a pop for stuff that should have been included with the monthly subscription fee. In 2010, they did the same thing with "Add-On Battlefields" again at $10 a pop.

This is the Square Enix of the last 5 years we're discussing. Give you less, charge you more, and leave you wanting.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

If SE has the time to create DLC along with the main game why is it not included in the game any way? I mean sure most of us are going to go out and buy this game on the release day paying full whack for it, so then we wait a week or 2 for DLC content that could well have been included in the finished product. DLC like this makes me very sad

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I would have preferred that Square Enix would sell FFXIII-2 as a FULL package, much like Dark Souls, with no DLC in the future. A full game is better than monthly updates, in that we are guaranteed the full worth of what we are paying for and not left wanting for more. Well, I still <3 you, Square, but I miss the -soft appendix in your company name.

The good old days of Squaresoft - FFVII to FFX, and FFXII (my personal favourite - but wait, was it created when it was Square Enix?). But if you are languishing in the red, I cannot really blame you for needing some higher leverage in the game market, no?

In that case, suck me dry! Shut up and take my money, BUT on one condition - make Versus XIII your best FF effort yet. Even better yet, remake FFVII if you have to. Do it as if it is your last project. I would really pay a thousand bucks for that (well, metaphorically, I mean). I will be waiting... =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

DLC is all bout business LOL

On a Paradise

@SquareEnix Stop doing DLCs and more games and finish Kingdom Hearts 3!

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast