FInal Fantasy XIII-2 sells BIG

This is a discussion on FInal Fantasy XIII-2 sells BIG within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Fresh on the news of PlayStation Vita's software sales comes word of how Final Fantasy XIII-2 is selling in Japan. ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

FInal Fantasy XIII-2 sells BIG

Fresh on the news of PlayStation Vita's software sales comes word of how Final Fantasy XIII-2 is selling in Japan. And it's selling very, very well.

According to Andriasang, Final Fantasy XIII-2, which launched in Japan on December 15th, has sold 525,271 copies on PlayStation 3. The game also launched in Japan on Xbox 360, though it didn't make the top 20 games sold for the week, and therefore must have sold somewhere underneath 20th place game One Piece Gigant Battle! 2, which pushed 28,406 units in the same time frame.

The same week saw 65,119 new PlayStation 3 consoles sold to Japanese consumers, with only 3,584 Xbox 360s sold during the same time period.

Source: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Sells Huge in Japan on PS3 - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

for a first week release and being a JRPG, thats insane. i cant wait

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Real Life Alchemist

I hope it'll be a fun game, personally I found FF13 abit lacking but that's my OWN opinion ofc :-)

PRO Member

I am way too excited for this game as well! Thanks for the update Urban!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondar01 View Post
    I hope it'll be a fun game, personally I found FF13 abit lacking but that's my OWN opinion ofc :-)
    ive been researching this game and it looks like they have expanded on everything. there is a thread here where famitsu (i think) talk about the game. check it out

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I really cant wait for this anymore.i pre ordered the ltd edition guide a few days ago but i really want to pre order the crystal edition to save my copy but i read somewhere that it sold out so i need to get my hands on the crystal edition as soon as it becomes available.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I really cant wait for this anymore.i pre ordered the ltd edition guide a few days ago but i really want to pre order the crystal edition to save my copy but i read somewhere that it sold out so i need to get my hands on the crystal edition as soon as it becomes available.
    what are the differences between the two editions? all i know that here in canada there is a limited edition for 80 bucks and it comes with an art book and 4-disc soundtrack

Platinum Procrastinator

I preordered a collectors edition a few days ago at my local EB Games store and never realized it was coming out so soon. Hopefully its much better than XIII.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    what are the differences between the two editions? all i know that here in canada there is a limited edition for 80 bucks and it comes with an art book and 4-disc soundtrack
    I would like to know this as well.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Real Life Alchemist

The diffrence is

The Limited Collector's Edition will have unique packaging for the game, a "composer selected soundtrack CD featuring a number of the music tracks from the game specially chosen by Final Fantasy XIII's development team", an artwork book titled The Art of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a lenticular print of Lightning.
    The Crystal Edition includes all the above goodies, except the composer selected soundtrack is replaced with a 4-disc Final Fantasy XIII-2 original soundtrack containing the entire collection of background music from the game "in premium packaging".

It will also include an exclusive t-shirt from the Square Enix Products range that can't be purchased anywhere else, all of which will come in a fancy box.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

The diffrence is

The Limited Collector's Edition will have unique packaging for the game, a "composer selected soundtrack CD featuring a number of the music tracks from the game specially chosen by Final Fantasy XIII's development team", an artwork book titled The Art of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a lenticular print of Lightning.
    The Crystal Edition includes all the above goodies, except the composer selected soundtrack is replaced with a 4-disc Final Fantasy XIII-2 original soundtrack containing the entire collection of background music from the game "in premium packaging".

It will also include an exclusive t-shirt from the Square Enix Products range that can't be purchased anywhere else, all of which will come in a fancy box.
    awesome. how much dos the crystal edition cost? seems like 100

Lvl 10 - Platinum

agreed, 13 was alright but could have been better, hopefully this is more than just an update of 13, from what ive seen it seems to be very similar in terms of the battle system

Real Life Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    awesome. how much dos the crystal edition cost? seems like 100
    The Limited Collector's Edition, priced 59.99 or 70euro's
    he Crystal Edition goes one step further. Priced 79.99 and 99 euro's

BTW Those who order the game early from certain retailers will get the FF13-2 Pre-Order Pack. It delivers a steelbook case for the game, includes a set of art cards, a novel bridging the gap between FF13 and FF13-2 plus a download code for the "Fight In Style" DLC pack.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hate to break it to you bro but this ain't big at all. In fact it shows a huge decline from 13. http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...tml#post111091

Lvl 6 - Silver

I can't wait! I loved FF13! I'm not surprised the numbers are lower. Just think about how many people didn't finish FF13 so why would they want the second one. Also, a better month for things to sell in Japan is January. Everyone buying gifts for each other now for Christmas but in January it's their bonus month. Gamers will have spare cash.

Resident PHD

I'm definitely going to try this game I'm just not happy about only 2 people in your party. It is a thing with me and RPGs that even if I never use a character I just like having a big party, and I know I can just capture a lot of animals but that isn't the same.

Anyways won't judge the game before I play it and I had a good time with 13 so here's hoping

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE