Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Convince me to buy FFXIII-2

This is a discussion on Convince me to buy FFXIII-2 within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; Let's stay on topic in here. Stop the bashing and what not and stick to the OP....

Trophy Guide Kitten

Let's stay on topic in here. Stop the bashing and what not and stick to the OP.
    K? Thanks

Retired TGT Member

So I've played about 90 minutes of FFXIII and yeah, that's a small drop in the bucket, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I hope that I get new abilities and items soon as the battles are already becoming easy, pointless, and repetitive.

The graphics, to my eye at least, are just beautiful. Really enjoying FFXIII so far.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    So I've played about 90 minutes of FFXIII and yeah, that's a small drop in the bucket, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I hope that I get new abilities and items soon as the battles are already becoming easy, pointless, and repetitive.

The graphics, to my eye at least, are just beautiful. Really enjoying FFXIII so far.
    Once you defeat the first boss you will get your new abilities. I am glad you are enjoying it so far, I found it to be a blast and while I understood why people had problems with the game, they were never enough to keep me from enjoying the game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Nope, nothing

good to know you like it buddy, everything gets harder and more fun the further you get into it

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    while I understood why people had problems with the game, they were never enough to keep me from enjoying the game.
    Totally agree you you on this

Beast Incarnate

Glad you are enjoying it. New abilities come very soon and battles do become harder. The paradigm system and knowing how to use it will definitely come into play sooner rather than later in order for you to pass certain battles.

Game on....

Pre-ordered FFXIII-2 at game.co.uk because for a limited time you get these freebies with the game on release.

Preorder Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Xbox 360 or PS3 and you will receive an exclusive steelbook case, Episode I novella, 3 exclusive art cards and a bonus in-game content pack including:

Recruitable monster battle: Defeat Omega, the famous FINAL FANTASY boss monster, and then have it join your party for further use in the adventure!
    Alternate costume for Serah
    Alternate costume for Noel

Preorder Final Fantasy XIII-2 today!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Glad to see you like mate.if you do stick at it and go for the plat,it will be a test of patience when grinding for the trapezohedrons and dark matter but once you get the routine sorted for defeating them it wont be a problem just a bit repetative thats all.also make sure you keep a list for the treasure hunter trophy too.it will make your life so much easier imo and have fun with the vercingetorix fight aswell if you stick at it thats is.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lightning is playable throughout the entire game lmao.. Yes it has it's linear parts, and can have it's spots of irritation or boredom, but I for one have thoroughly enjoyed and beaten the game. Working on my last 5 trophies for plat right now, and invested about 145hrs in my save file. Play it and hope you enjoy it, i found the story to be good, and the ending was great, with a twist and a music video.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

FF 13 was one of my favorite games I ever played. That explains why I platinum the game. I think most people who dislike the game base it on the first 5 minutes of gameplay. Some even say you can win ever battle by pressing x all the time but this is only true in chapter 1. Like DragonwolfVll said, if you haven't played it, your opinion is not valid.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

the next final fantasy should look like FF6 or FF7 just with better graphics but still make them look mini
    they put so much effort in the background and scenery and graphics that they ran out of juice for a really good understandable story
    im still gonna play this game eventually since i have the other plat but its a long eventually
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Great to see you're enjoying it. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded lavishly.

Banned

I already beaten FF13 but didn't get all the rest of the trophies including the most difficult trophy Treasure hunter where I have to keep all types of weapons/accesory without selling them.I'll buying FF13-2 at the end of the month.Will I need to buy the official guide or use the online ones?

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    I already beaten FF13 but didn't get all the rest of the trophies including the most difficult trophy Treasure hunter where I have to keep all types of weapons/accesory without selling them.I'll buying FF13-2 at the end of the month.Will I need to buy the official guide or use the online ones?
    for me personally,ive pre ordered the ltd edition guide but no doubt someone will write a guide as it is going to be a huge game.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

DON'T BLINK

I loved FFXIII. I'm two trophies away from the plat and eventually plan on going back and getting them. Got about 114 hours on my save file. I will say this much, FFXIII's plat is one of the ones I respect more than others because I've seen the grind my friends, I've seen the grind. lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123