Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Convince me to buy FFXIII-2

This is a discussion on Convince me to buy FFXIII-2 within the Final Fantasy XIII-2 forum, part of the F; I have never played FF before, of any kind. I hardly know anything about it. The trailers for this game ...

Retired TGT Member

Convince me to buy FFXIII-2

I have never played FF before, of any kind.

I hardly know anything about it.

The trailers for this game look excellent and I like the idea of a bigger, more involved game.

I don't have much experience with the style of play. It's like RPG meets turn-based combat, right?

I thought Last Rebellion was fun, and it was a giant POS. It helped that there were full walkthroughs you could follow if you didn't know what you were doing (I really didn't know what I was doing). Is it safe to assume FFXIII-2 will be 1,000,000x better than Last Rebellion?

I kinda want this game, but I'm looking for people to talk me into it

Beast Incarnate

I can't say a lot about XIII-2, I probably know as much as you do about it at this point. But Final Fantasy is my favourite gaming series of all time. If you are considering getting XIII-2 I'd suggest going through XIII first. The gaming style looks very similar (although I know the battle system will be changing in part 2), and it will give you a good idea of the story. You can pick it up now for next to nothing, and if you are going for the platinum it will keep you very busy for the next 70-100 hours.

In my personal opinion, the earlier FF's were a lot better than XIII, but if you look around some of the checklists on this site a lot of people loved it, and I myself gave it an 8/10. I for one will definitely be getting XIII-2, once you get into Final Fantasy its stuck with you forever.

Sorry this may not be what you expected as far as getting you to buy FFXIII-2, but its my personal opinion on the series, and if I had never have played XIII then I myself would also get this and complete it prior to getting XIII-2.

Nope, nothing

I 100% agree with DWolf about getting XIII first, if you don't, the story will be all over the place for you, and the story is the most important part of a Final Fantasy game.
    Getting XIII and completing that will definitely give you an indication as to whether or not you will want XIII-2, plus it will be a cheaper way to find out

I can't really say much about XIII-2 as I haven't played it either, I can only go on what I've seen in videos and read about it. The game definitely looks to have a slightly different combat system which could be good, I think XIII has one of the best out of any Final Fantasy () as it's really active and you have to pay a fair bit of attention.

I think XIII got a lot of bad words said about it because it changed the freeroaming style of previous FF titles and made it linear, which at first I was a little annoyed at but as I got further into the game it stopped bothering me as the story is brilliant, in my opinion of course

If you want a game to play that will take up hours and hours of your time (without multiplayer) and if you're willing to try out something different to what you normally play, I would definitely advise you to get XIII, play it, enjoy it and then get XIII-2

Retired TGT Member

Thanks to each of you. I just traded in some games at the store and picked up FFXIII. I also got Mass Effect 1 for xbox (only had my xbox for a couple weeks...very exciting). So It was a good day at GameStop.

So I'll try FFXIII out and see what's what before committing to FFXIII-2.

Resident PHD

While I am sure it will be good I will say get FF6 off of PSN and start there (the best one )

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Click-Click-Kaboom

Cause its got to be better than the first one...... sorry all I got here.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Thanks to each of you. I just traded in some games at the store and picked up FFXIII. I also got Mass Effect 1 for xbox (only had my xbox for a couple weeks...very exciting). So It was a good day at GameStop.

So I'll try FFXIII out and see what's what before committing to FFXIII-2.
    Good to know you got it mate, sorry my post was late, I've only just seen the thread

Make sure to let us know what you think of it!

INTJ

it has a deathmetal song about chobocos every time you ride one

the game is massively linear and not good

the ending is a terrible cliffhanger

the game is never hard enough to challenge you

it's short

it's not worth the money

Lvl 6 - Silver

now that they've convinced you to get it, convince them to buy me a copy

Plats-O'-War!!

Dude, I was in the same boat as you were with FFXIII. I've never played a FF game until I got that. It's pretty good to me. I like the story, the characters, the different paradigm shifts which if you know how to use them, can really be a huge advantage to you and your party. The leveling up system is different to me (remember, I've never played a FF game in life) from a few RPG's I did play before. But, if you really want to check it out, try FFXIII 1st, if you like it, then go on and get FFXIII-2. Hoped I helped

Retired TGT Member

Picked up FFXIII, so I'll give that some time soon.

I hear FFVI? Any second-ers on that?

Ps360 says no to FFXIII-2......

Am I correct in assuming a FF game will be 1,000,000x better than, say, Last Rebellion?

Resident PHD

Am I correct in assuming a FF game will be 1,000,000x better than, say, Last Rebellion?
    I second FF6

And yes most games are a million times better than Last Rebellion. Also don't listen to 360 she hasn't even played the games.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Beast Incarnate

FFVI was fantastic, but then again all the earlier ones were. My personal favourite was VII, but if you have the time, give them all a crack. And yes, Last Rebellion isn't even a tiny scratch on Final Fantasy

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Also don't listen to 360 she hasn't even played the games.

because they are bad.

forgot to post this because this is obligatory in any xii-2 thread asking how good it is

Massive Spoiler text about why the game is terrible

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Ps360; 01-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Okay, a metal song about riding a Chocobo is pretty silly, should that be a reason not to buy the game? no...

Beast Incarnate

Its all about personal opinion at the end of the day. Play the game, make your opinion on it, if you haven't played it, your opinion is not valid.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS360 never played the game or XIII on PS3 or 360

She is wrong about the metal chocobo song playing everytime you ride a chocobo, there is a song for red (metal) and a song for yellow (more traditional remix), plus another for races.

She is right about the ending and it has recieved a lot of complaints, another complaint is the lack of playable Lightning who is only playable for 6 minutes and only has about 20 min of screen time despite being advertised so heavily on the front cover of the game box, in the manual, and in trailers.

Also Serah is a complete blockhead the entire game and will get annoying real fast.

I'm still getting the game, but I can't convince others to. Especially if Lightning is the only reason they want the game, and that ending.

Otherwise the gameplay has improved over XIII and it is a lot less linear than XIII.

Beast Incarnate

Might want to spoiler those endings segments. I accidently read a few words I didn't want to know

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar_Umbra View Post
    PS360 never played the game or XIII on PS3 or 360

xiii was terrible you didn't have to play it to get that idea down.

It took everything that the fans of that series loved and threw it away and made it terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Might want to spoiler those endings segments. I accidently read a few words I didn't want to know
    ok then.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    xiii was terrible you didn't have to play it to get that idea down.

It took everything that the fans of that series loved and threw it away and made it terrible.
    Ermm, I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy games since I was I kid but I enjoyed FFXIII

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast