Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IS Final Fantasy 13 worth Buying ?

This is a discussion on IS Final Fantasy 13 worth Buying ? within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; Hi, I still thinking to buy FF13 but it is worth Buying ? What do you think ? I mean ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

IS Final Fantasy 13 worth Buying ?

Hi,

I still thinking to buy FF13 but it is worth Buying ? What do you think ? I mean I like FF7, FF4, FF8 , but I read that FF13 is very linear and you don't have much to do like exploring or secrets searching , it is true ? Are there people how think damn why I did buy this game. I would like to hear you're opinions should I buy it or not ? I know that game is old and a second part is now out, but before I buy the second part I must here if is worthing.

Random Access Memories

The game is great in my opinion. Yeah, it was somewhat linear, but so were a lot of other ones. It did have some missing aspects to it, but overall was great for what it was. I've played each and every one and enjoyed them all. Never had a gripe about any of them because I don't try and compare them to the last saying "well it didn't have this and that" You can find it for pretty cheap now and it's a great game.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Nope, nothing

I would say yes, it's an awesome game. But the game is very linear, which is different when comparing it to the classics.

A lot of people hate on the game and say it's a disgrace to the series but that is rather extreme, imo.

Just give it a go, I bet it's really cheap to buy so why not

PRO Member

This game is sort of like marmite.....you'll either love it or hate it. Its certainly not the best in the series but it one of the better ones. If you are buying it to go for platinum and you dont like grinding then you should give it a miss. But you tell me what final fantasy game doesn't require grinding?!

Lvl 6 - Silver

it is very linear, and alot of it is very boring IMO, it does have some charm though.

i would say as an RPG its decent, but as a Final Fantasy its a pathetic excuse, it's right up there on the crap factor with FFX-2.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I've said this before. So I will say this again. Every Final Fantasy ever made, with the exception of Final Fantasy 12. Is linear. FF13 is just more obvious with its linearity than the rest of them. And like I have said before 85% of games made are in fact linear. Personally I loved the game. I mean granted it's not the best story ever told in the FF universe. But it's still a decent one. My biggest complaint with the game. Is that it forces you to play with certain parties up until Chapter 10 I believe. Which probably wouldn't have been bad. If it weren't for me completely hating two of the characters. Is it worth getting. I would still say yes.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I've said this before. So I will say this again. Every Final Fantasy ever made, with the exception of Final Fantasy 12. Is linear.
    by your logic you are saying the older games are linear just by the fact you have a set goal or way to go?

if that was the case nearly every RPG ever made would be linear, maybe the older ones in that respect and only that respect, but they are no way linear in their design and gameplay mechanics, they all allow you to veer off from the main story and do sidequests, explore, or even talk to people.

FF13 on the other hand has extremely linear design with practically a straight path with the odd corner or item and nothing to do but fight fight fight, til you get to the boss, then its rinse and repeat. sure some places have some people to speak to but in no way do they help you or point you towards anything rewarding, its like they're just there for decoration.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thank you very much for the replies I have read all post , and I think I will try it... I saw the Platinium for 15 bucks so its not a shame if the game sucks ^^ I must say that "Moondog" is right the older games wasn't linear for example in FFVII you could do so much things like growing the golden chocobos to get Knights of the Round Table and so on ... but I think I will try it

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni_Bagabondo View Post
    Thank you very much for the replies I have read all post , and I think I will try it... I saw the Platinium for 15 bucks so its not a shame if the game sucks ^^ I must say that "Moondog" is right the older games wasn't linear for example in FFVII you could do so much things like growing the golden chocobos to get Knights of the Round Table and so on ... but I think I will try it
    you should go for the , did it on my old account an it was very satisfying

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Banned

You better buy the game ASAP.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm currently playing through it and I will not lie up until about Chapter Nine or so it is extremely linear. However when the game does open up and let you explore is when it gets really fun. I personally love the battle system though for me the story a great idea, but it could have been executed a bit better. So, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it. Especially when most places you can get it for twenty dollars or so.

worlds biggest welch fan

I liked 13.

it takes abot 50 to 60 hours to beat.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    I liked 13.

To beat or to platinum? Hell, I'm about 70 hours in and just got done grinding so I can fight the next boss.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    I liked 13.

Jesus christ man,if you did that in that time,i must have been doing some serious messing about,as it took me about 110 hours.

Anyways,yeah i would give it a try definately.Like most people are saying.the game doesnt really open up until the later stages of the game.Then there is a hell of a lot more to do.The question is could you stick at it up until that point as most people are a bit criticall of the game until the open world part,where as i just loved the game through and through.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

FF13 is fantastic.... also one of my proudest plats.. clocked in at 96 hours... the battle system is so wickedly fun

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Definitly worth a buy, great battle system, and pretty good story. The characters got VERY annoying at times, and its a bit linear until it opens up, but still a awesome games thats one of my favorites.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i think anything over average is worth trying...it's at least 4.17 out of 5 maybe? the story gradually builds up, it's a little repetitive but still a true Final Fantasy story and the gameplay is like any other to an extent...and what i've said before is that if a game drags you out over 100+ hours, it is a damn good game, no matter what

it is kinda boring at times, but that's cuz you're getting used to playing it by that point, all games are like that....i'm sad at hearing people talk about FF13 like it was a plate of habaneros they just crapped out...it's not even close to that bad, stop complaining

i'm not at the end yet, maybe at Chapter 10 with like...140-something hours (grinding while listening to music for days on end made it take this long)? but i enjoy it enough that i should get back to it after the Jak & Daxter Collection and finish what i started =]
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by XxHuskiesMoonxX View Post
    I'm currently playing through it and I will not lie up until about Chapter Nine or so it is extremely linear. However when the game does open up and let you explore is when it gets really fun.
    yeah i'm still waiting on the "fun" stuff (which i've heard is chapter 11), i'm on chapter 10 and lately i've been playing from one save point to the next then turning it off again, its that boring lol

Lvl 5 - Silver

It is definitly worth buying,it is really linear but the battle system makes up for it by being one of the best battle systems in the series.

Sig by Bladia

Sinner and Saint

I just bought it yesterday and other than the characters being some of the least compelling characters in the series the game isn't bad so far. I don't regret picking it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast