Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FFXIII's Lightning-Based Game to be Announced in September

This is a discussion on FFXIII's Lightning-Based Game to be Announced in September within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; Not unlike the Jelly of the Month Club , this week's Famitsu is the gift that keeps on givin'. The ...

PRO Member

FFXIII's Lightning-Based Game to be Announced in September

Not unlike the Jelly of the Month Club, this week's Famitsu is the gift that keeps on givin'.

The latest bit of newsworthiness from this week's publication involves Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning-centric content. FFXIII and XIII-2 producer Yoshinori Kitase said Square Enix will make an announcement about the next piece of its "Lightning Saga" at the Final Fantasy series anniversary event, which is scheduled for September 1 in Tokyo.

Mr. Kitase added that the Lightning project has just started and that Squenix will announce the game's official title at the event.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Because everybody is asking for another Final Fantasy Xlll.......

Sig by Bladia

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

As long as they are still working on Versus XIII (or XV, actually), I am fine with finally finishing off the Lightning saga. If they can bring back the monster pets from XIII-2, that would be sweet. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Beast Incarnate

Another Final Fantasy is good news for me, but for god sake please give us some news on Versus XIII (except the cancellation news) and FFX-HD!

Random Access Memories

Interesting, but I wouldn't mind it...though lots of people will hate it. I'll have to wait to see what exactly is in store. Thanks for the info.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Death to zombies!!

Mr. Kitase added that the Lightning project has just started.
    Expect to see a release some time soon

Excited to see what they announcements they make

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

im excited for this...i like the lightning saga (think its almost as good as the Squall Saga)..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Any time there is more Final Fantasy, I am a happy gamer. The series left on a little bit of a cliffhanger, so it was pretty much inevitable that this was going to be confirmed at some point. Kitase is a man who knows how to get a game out on time, so it shouldn't take too long for the title to be reaching our hands.

The only real omission I want from this game is - please no horribly bad metal chocobo songs please.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Aes Dana

I am confused? Will this be FFXIII-3?

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Awesome news...Squeenix can finish hanging themselves with a trilogy of fail.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I wouldn't call FFXIII and FFXIII-2 a fail. I haven't lost faith in the Final Fantasy franchise and will always be a fan of the games.

PRO Member

I definitely want to find what happens after XIII-2 so I will get the third game. I've enjoyed the saga so far and at least the XIIIs are better than XII... that one sucked.

Lvl 6 - Silver

People want versus and they acknowledge this, then make more FF13 sequels.

Legend...Nuff Said

FF13 is the best selling PS3 game in Japan...yes, lets call that a failure. Lets not make another squeal for the people in our own country that love the game cause the ignorant western fans and media despise the game.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    FF13 is the best selling PS3 game in Japan...yes, lets call that a failure. Lets not make another squeal for the people in our own country that love the game cause the ignorant western fans and media despise the game.
    I'll ignore your baseless jab at 'ignorant westerners' and jump right to the point - 'best selling game in Japan' means fuck all if it's not selling well abroad. On top of that, even someone as blind as you can't claim FF hasn't fallen from grace as a franchise.

Legend...Nuff Said

I'll ignore your baseless jab at 'ignorant westerners' and jump right to the point - 'best selling game in Japan' means fuck all if it's not selling well abroad. On top of that, even someone as blind as you can't claim FF hasn't fallen from grace as a franchise.
    Its not a baseless jab when it's a Japanese company that makes games for a Japanese audience. Its the same as American/Canadian/British/French (AKA Western) companies making games for a western audience. Final Fantasy is made by SquareEnix...a JAPANESE COMPANY. Japanese game...Japanese company...I don't know, maybe they would give a hoot if it was #1 in their own country over being #1 in the US.

How am I blind? How is being the #1 selling game for the system in their home country a fall from grace? Yes, we're #1!!! But no, it's not good enough we have to be #1 circa 1997 always because some random bunch of media people in the west say we must outsell FF7 to be considered a success.

EDIT: Here is the sales data for the game. It sold pretty good in the US as well.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7727/final-fantasy-xiii/

Second Edit: Obviously Bethesda doesn't care if it is not selling abroad in Japan with it's crap sales of Skyrim there.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49113/t...olls-v-skyrim/

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Final Fantasy XIII has sold 6.2 million units worldwide (third most of any title in the franchise), Final Fantasy XIII-2 has sold 2 million units worldwide. Both games turn profit (XIII-2 not as much as it's predecessor).

The series is still profitable, still gets the adrenaline flowing in many fans whenever a new game is announced, or when the launch date inches closer. To some the series may not have made the changes that they would like - but the series has never shied off of taking chances and not resting on a formula that has been tried and done in the past. Each game is unique, and offers different experience to each person - what may be a fall from grace to you, maybe be a bump up over previous installments - it depends heavily on the individual, since each game is very different from the other. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that there aren't a large amount of people out there who did enjoy it.

Once individuals start to realize that their opinions are not universal, and that just because you don't like something or want a new title to come - there are people out there who are willing to fork out their money, day 1, for additional titles, and *gasp* enjoy them.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Its not a baseless jab when it's a Japanese company that makes games for a Japanese audience. Its the same as American/Canadian/British/French (AKA Western) companies making games for a western audience. Final Fantasy is made by SquareEnix...a JAPANESE COMPANY. Japanese game...Japanese company...I don't know, maybe they would give a hoot if it was #1 in their own country over being #1 in the US. How am I blind? How is being the #1 selling game for the system in their home country a fall from grace? Yes, we're #1!!! But no, it's not good enough we have to be #1 circa 1997 always because some random bunch of media people in the west say we must outsell FF7 to be considered a success. EDIT: Here is the sales data for the game. It sold pretty good in the US as well. Final Fantasy XIII - VGChartz Second Edit: Obviously Bethesda doesn't care if it is not selling abroad in Japan with it's crap sales of Skyrim there. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - VGChartz
    Cool rant bro, except that FFXIII and XIII-2 were designed for a western audience.

Harvester of Souls

I kinda like Lightning, though I didnt care for FFXIII, so I might check it out depending on how it is and what they do with it. If can change up enough, might buy it.. though will wait. . Now to look after this for some time until they release enough information about it.

Still want Versus XIII though >:F That was seeming awesome...

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I wouldn't call FFXIII and FFXIII-2 a fail. I haven't lost faith in the Final Fantasy franchise and will always be a fan of the games.
    I agree timeless

FF series has kept me playig.
    I still need to plat FF13

she is one hot character
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast