View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

2 3.17%
  • 3 - Moderate

37 58.73%
  • 4 - Hard

20 31.75%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 6.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; I've not voted because I haven't finished it yet...but I'm Adamant that i'll finish soon. Though in truth I'mm already ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've not voted because I haven't finished it yet...but I'm Adamant that i'll finish soon. Though in truth I'mm already proud of 'my to be plat'. I have played EVERY 1-13 Final Fantasy's plus spin offs, on every platform. It makes me really happy to see people put the hours into completing this platinum.
    Be proud of your Plat, you put in the hours!!

PRO Member

Voted moderate. It's mostly just time-consuming to get the Platinum (the missions are not that difficult in my opinion if you attempt them early on and have a high target time). In total, my playtime was 84 hours which is not much compared to how many hours I usually spent on a Final Fantasy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Voted moderate. If it wasn't for the time consuming Treasure Hunter trophy my vote would have been easy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I voted hard cause I required a guide book to achieve the plat.

I have a dislike of the secret achievement trophies, don't arse about just tell us the rules to the game.
    FML

Sez
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

3. Moderated

Moderated mainly because it doesn't have any hard parts, only time-consuming. You need to farm money in the postgame for hours, but it's easy. I finished the story without a guide, and if you kill every monster in your way, you will never have problems to kill bosses.

Why i didnt voted easy? Because the eidolon fights, if you play the game without a guide you will spend hours trying to fill the gestalt bar.

Note: Best game i've played on the PS3 so far. I wish i could plat again this game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3.) Moderate

It might be time consuming, but it was time worth being spent on this game. There might be a lot of haters out there, but I won't let them bother me about this awesome game. The only real hard part to me was mission 62 honestly, 64 was a 1 try deal with just poison and constant healing. The treasure hunter trophy took a while, but as stated in the first post, time consuming doesn't mean hard.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I put a 4 for me moderate is average and with treasure hunter this game isn't average yet it wasn't overly difficult. Unless you missed one item or sold something on accident in which case having to play though again sucks which is what happened to me my first play through I didn't realize you really couldn't sell anything so I had to play it again story wise I didn't mind it but it means it took me two 80+ hour games to get plat. My second play through which if would of been my first would of got me the plat was at 88 hours.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

PRO Member

I voted the game as moderate, as others have stated it's not very hard, but quite time consuming, a way I boosted the challange of the game was to finish the missions before fighting Orphan, so I only had the 9 levels of chrystium to fall back upon. As it was my 1st PS3 game, I'm very happy to finally have platinumed it!!!

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate. Treasure Hunter was the worst trophy, though I don't count trophies that take a lot of time as difficult. However, you had to be extremely careful not to miss any of the accessories as there was no in game list to aid you.

Closing this account

i voted for hard. it was my fist rpg platinum and it was crazy. thanks to certain ppl i was able to get it done.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well, I`m new here and i just got this plat. I don't think it's hard but i had to put a lot time in it, so i voted moderate... =]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2 - Easy

It's more borderline 2.5, simply because the only difficulty I had was the 5-Staring the C'eith Stones and grinding Adamintoise for the rare drops. Other than that it's nothing surprising for a FF veteran

The Girl Gamer

Moderate - The game isn't hard at all. Only one hunt will give you difficulty, which is hunt #62 if I'm not mistaken. It's not even hard to 5-starred all the hunts either. This game is just time consuming since you will be farming those huge turtles for some rare components and gil for Treasure Hunter trophy. Everything else is easy.

PRO Member

Moderate : I gave this a moderate difficulty rating, once you have maxed the crystariums the game becomes pretty easy. Then once you have power gloves/Kaiser Knuckles the adamontoises become very easy aswell. I had problems with the treasure hunter trophy due to marking one accessory down as upgraded (then forgetting to upgrade it). All in all a proud plat but an annoying grind at the end.

PRO Member

I voted Moderate. I really enjoyed the game, although the grinding at the end got very tedious. Unlike 13-2, some of the enemies (cieth missions) were a bit of a challenge, but rewarding once you figured out how to beat the enemy.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

This would be hard if you had to do it without a guide. However, with all those helpful guides on the net, this game is something between easy and moderate. I decided to go with moderate, as some mind-numbing grinding is involved. So the difficulty is to keep your motivation up.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This Game has got to be one of the hardest Platinums to earn. Hours of mindless grinding at the end after finishing the main story.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted a 3 for this game.
    It's more time consuming than difficult even though some of the missions may be challenging to 5-star.
    The only trick is really to choose different strategies (paradigms and equipment) for different enemies and you're good to go.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wosh, just plat this game to become my 24th plat trophies. This game really took me 110 hrs to get the plat trophy.

Seriously, there are a lot of guides and walk-through can be found in the net. But, what really lacking is that majority did not address how and what you should do in order to plat it in a shorter time. Below is what I am suggesting if anyone would be interested in getting this plat trophy. Read all first before commencing your game.

1) Complete the game as per normal using the ign walk-through. No need to upgrade anything since you are able to beat the final boss even without upgrading anything. Make sure that you obtain all the items available, e.g. weapons, accessories and components, esp the catalysts (at least 30 Perovskite and 20 Uraninite) needed for upgrades as they are all damn expensive to buy from shops. Do not sell anything in case of some items are unavailable to be purchase again from the shops.

2) While doing missions during chapter 11 (before completing the game), complete mission 1 to somewhere 28. Also try to achieve 5 star so that you no need to return to them. Do note that once you upgrade your weapons, it is more difficult to get 5 starred during any mission. Hence, that is why do not upgrade your weapons until after you complete your game.

3) Complete all the missions available after beating the final boss. Bear in mind that some missions, esp the last one, are really hard. Look through the net for clues and methods to defeat them with 5 starred. Upgrade weapons to tier 3 for addition ATB if you have trapezohedron and certain accessories to lessen your stress in completing the mission, but bearing in mind that achieving 5 star will also be harder due to shorter timing requirement. Also be remind to equip the growth egg after mission 55 immediately for double experience and gold watch for time extension after last mission.

4) Can't beat the mission? Then grinding for experience will definitely be the most part of your gaming hours. So where to do your grinding for experience. Personally, I suggest only 2 options as below.
    A) Try to redo a lot of mission 24. Why? The objective is only 2 seconds away from the mission stone. Do this if you are low level until you can complete this mission in less than 20 sec. Another good thing is that you can sell the item awarded after completing the mission for 6000 gil which is a good fetch and toy will need a lot gil in the future.
    B) Travel back to eden (previously chapter 12) using the portal. Go back to where you meet your only Adamantortoise in this chapter. Fight him using Vanille's death method. You can find this popular method in the web or u-tube if you don't know this strategy. Then moving to and fro again in this scene after winning the Adamantortoise, so that to fight other creatures to gain back TP, as well as making the Adamantortoise reappearing so as to fight it again. Use this so that to gain experience as well for obtaining the most valuable catalyst, Trapezohedron.

5) After doing the step 1 to 4 as mentioned above, you should left with the most time consuming trophies, which are the Trophy Hunter and Master's Seal. Trust me this will eat up most time.
    Now comes the most important part that you can't really easily find in the net. I will explain what you need to do to achieve them in the shortest method. Read the below carefully:
    i) You will need Gil much more than experience. Experience will come with the Gil farming but not the otherwise.
    ii) First, you need to have a complete checklist for all the items for the Trophy Hunter. Do a check of what you have and not. Use this website: List of Final Fantasy XIII Components - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research
    iii) Sell away all your organic and premuim components, except for Sturdy Bone. Sell all electronic components, except for bomb core, electrode, chobham armor, super charger, crystal oscillator, Tesla Turbine, Superconductor, Perfect Conductor, Particle Accelerator and Ultracompact Reactor.
    iv) Upgrade assessories to next level for items that you do not have in checklist, except for these 4 items: Adamant Bangle, Power Glove, Weirding Glyph and Ribbon. Leave them for the very last as they need expensive dark matter as catalyst.
    Note: always use 36 x sturdy bone first before any upgrade to have a 200% bonus for the next upgrade and buy only Particle Accelerator and
    Ultracompact Reactor for any future upgrade.
    v) Do a save in a new file just in case you make any unnecessary mistake for the next few steps.
    vi) Now sell away all unnecessary or never been used assessories liked charms resistants, lower level assessories and repeated items you have. Please do keep items that can make up the effect of instant chain, e.g. Genji glove, speed sash, energy sash, all the catalogue.
    v)You should have at least 2 million gil after selling unwanted assessories. But that still far from acheiving the required amount. Then what should I do to obtain more gil? I will recommend a only place to farm more gil and that is redoing mission 63. Why? This mission will net you a confirm gold nugget worth 60,000 gil, a possibility to net trapezohedron or plat ingot and plus a experience of 80,000 exp with growth egg. Also, travelling with chocobo will sometime pick up gold dust or items that can fetch high price.
    vi) Note that don't try to use death spell method for mission 63 as it is a waste of time. Try to make all members to have instant chain effect through different equipping of assessories. By now, your team should be close to max experience. Follow the below while fighting the Adamantortoise. Do not follow if your team is not strong enough after a few failures using this method as this method is almost 100% successful if your team is strong.
    - Start off your team consist of Fang (leader), Light and Vanille with the starting configuration of Syn/Syn/Syn. Equip all with genji gloves and ensure all to have instant chain effect. Also ensure to have at least TP of 3 bars.
    - Once you start your fight, boost all the member to the max before using your Eidolon. As Eidolon appears, Adamantortoise will fall down. Do not change mode for your Eidolon and just let it be until it is gone. Change your paradigm to Sab/-/-, and manually cast deshell and deprotect.
    - Change to Rav/Com/Com after sucessfully casted deshell and deprotect. Fight until the stagger point activates. Again to do not call off your Eidolon.
    - Change to Com/Com/Com. Unleash until the creature dies. Sometimes you will be lucky to trigger instant chain earilier.
    vii) Once you hit about 4 million, you can upgrade the rest of the weapons (max no of weapon for tier 1 in this game is 48) to tier 2. By now, you should also know that you need 6 x tier 3 weapons whereby one for each member to obtain the master trophy. The next question is do you have enough trapezohedrons. If not, then you can fully upgrade genji glove and dismantle it to obtain a trapezohedron. By doing this you can have at least 3 since you will have 3 x genji gloves. Do not buy from the shop for more trapezohedron as they cost 2 million gil each. Try farming if still not enough as at the same time hoping to get more plat ingot in the process.
    viii) Save another new file just in case again. Check how much you can gain from selling all upgraded weapons and assessories. You will need at least 3.4 million gil to purchase 4 x dark matter. I know someone will say that you can farm dark matter from Shaolong Gui. However, bare in mind that this Shaolong Gui is probably the most difficult creature to win and it is also hard for it to drop dark matter. You will dead more time than fighting a Adamantortoise. If you have 3.4 million gil, buy 4 x dark matter and upgrade the last 4 remaining assessories.
    ix) Go visit Bhakti to receive your treasure hunter trophy and most likely also your plat trophy.

I understand this is very long. But I hope anyone who wish to plat this game can take a look at my recommendation as it will help them to acheive plat trophy earilier. Thanks for reading.

Angel of Death

4- Hard. This game is the hardest in the series in my opinion, and I have played all main titles. Getting 5 star ranks, maxing out your characters, and getting all items/weapons also contribute to annoyance. Regardless, this is my favorite Plat, and it's also one of the best in the series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast