View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

2 3.17%
  • 3 - Moderate

37 58.73%
  • 4 - Hard

20 31.75%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I'll be giving this a 5 out of 5. Whilst in terms of skill it doesn't match up to FF12 or FFX, the greulling Treasure Hunter trophy alone took away my summer holidays and frustrated me for months. I had to spent about 50 hours killing the strongtest monsters in the game over and over again, praying I wouldn't stuff up with the items.

So that's my vote.

PRO Member

one of my favorite games and my proudest plats. the game is not hard at all. but the constant grinding was the real pain. trying for the treasure hunter trophy and farming for gil will drive you insane. but definately worth it all for the visuals and the combat system.

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY APOKOLYPZ

Korean Girl Group Groupie

3 - Moderate

This is just a bit of a grind, for the most part. The story itself offers a fairly large chunk of the trophies without any extra effort. Not anything too terribly difficult, the most difficult hunting mark in the game is more fun than difficult. Getting all the gil needed to get Treasure Hunter out of the way is where all the time invested in this platinum are going to disappear. A fairly fun platinum as long as you don't mind doing the same thing a few hundred times.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Trophies soon.

3 moderate This game is time consuming but it's nothing really too hard once the battle system is understood. Only a few enemies like the giant cactuar are tricky. But the treasure hunter trophy is an long grind fighting giant turtles over and over again just for a very small chance of an item to sell for lots of currency which is needed to upgrade all the weapons which are vey expensive and only Donald Trump could afford easily

Irish Rover

My proudest plat because of the time i put into it . 157 hours. not a very hard game but if you missed anything it meant starting
    all over again.. still though lots of fun

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - This is really time consuming cause of Treasure Hunter you just have to grind traps and dark matter for this..

PRO Member

Moderate - Big game i have enjoyed it completely even the grinding part was fun, the treasure hunter will make this game a bit challengin but not really tedius

No Game No Life

Moderate. Treasure hunter trophy is time consuming but it's manageable.
    SO4 Ultimate Battler > FFXIII Treasure Hunter

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

A plat a month!

I rated it as EASY

Sure, the treasure hunter trophy was a long grind, but thats it. I could argue that missing one of the elemental rings could prove disastrous if your goal was to obtain the , but after those rings, it was just a grind, which isn't difficult.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I went with (3) - Moderate. The individual tasks are difficult, but not obnoxiously difficult, and there are a lot of help resources out there to assist with individual tasks -- e.g. strategies for particular marks, checklists of things you need to do, and so on. It's a little grindy, but not overly tedious and time-consuming.... and if you don't buy that argument from me, I volunteer my trophy profile to say otherwise, because there are several time-consuming and grindy platinums in my list that make FF13 seem like a brief walk-in-the-park by comparison.

There are easier games to platinum, and there are harder games to platinum. There are games that go more quickly, and there are platinum trophies that take much, MUCH more time to obtain. It's a wash.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Most definitely moderate, I managed it in under 50 hours. It was not challenging, but definitely the most enjoyable list for me personally, especially in a Role Playing Game.

To be fair though, the Treasure Hunter trophy did take a lot of dedication, I won't deny that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard: After finishing the game 60 hours in, I still had to grind another 60 hours for the plat. Now, I don't consider grinding hard, but when you're doing the same thing over and over again for that amount of time, you have to make sure you're up for the task. Keep focusing on the job for s i x t y bloody hours.
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

PRO Member

Moderate - Some boss fights presented a challenge if you hadn't filled out your Crystarium and didn't have some decent equips.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate, it's not hard, but the grind tooks about 50 hours :|

PRO Member

Hmm I would say Hard but then again, I am one of those that did made a guide to help others out (my l'cie paragon guide ). So I had to figure out the strategies myself, checked a lot of places for the best grinding spot to get the gil and CP. In the end I would say moderate, grind is still easy, just takes time.. L'Cie paragon for me was fun esp with making the guide. I had a lot of fun in this game (with all of the guides out there I would rate it almost easy.. everything has already been done for you heh)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by tristalex View Post
    Moderate - Some boss fights presented a challenge if you hadn't filled out your Crystarium and didn't have some decent equips.
    5 Starring all missions was easiest done when you barely advanced in the Crystarium.

PRO Member

Moderate

Worst trophies are:

Treasure Hunter - Farming gil sucks in this game.
    L'Cie Paragon - Lots of time consuming foot travel over pulse; back and forth and back and forth over the same places seeing nothing new doing Cieth Stone missions.

PRO Member

3.moderate

The game isn't really hard but some of the trophies can be a real pain in the to get.Most notably Treasure hunter and L'Cie Paragon.

If you like rpg's and don't mind a long grind to get a plat then this game is for you.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted moderate. Tbh any game without online trophies is automatically one notch easier due to no stupid boosting nonsense! Yes it was a very time-consuming plat but I don't think that much actual skill is required, treasure hunter just required farming those turtle things for hours and hours. L'cie Paragon was mostly easy, apart from a few choice on such as that time giant Cactuar!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast