Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Treasure Hunter Question

This is a discussion on Treasure Hunter Question within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; Ok well I was thinking of going back to try for platinum and was wondering when I upgrade a weapon ...

Everyone Loves Candy

Treasure Hunter Question

Ok well I was thinking of going back to try for platinum and was wondering when I upgrade a weapon can I sell it and will it still count towards trophy. Haven't played it in a while just wanted to make sure.
    Hi Mom!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Redslayer76 View Post
    Ok well I was thinking of going back to try for platinum and was wondering when I upgrade a weapon can I sell it and will it still count towards trophy. Haven't played it in a while just wanted to make sure.
    I don't have the trophy yet but you just need to have had everything in your list once, so yeah you can sell it

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I don't have the trophy yet but you just need to have had everything in your list once, so yeah you can sell it
    This, but do make sure you won't need it later, or that there's no benefit fom dismantling it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

if you need gil then keep one ultima weapon for each character to grind with
    once you have something in your inventory you can sell it but be careful as some items you can never get back again from the stores

find a checklist for your weapon and accessories to keep track of what you need or can sell
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

It doesnt affect go and sell the weapons for gils and enjoy the grinding

Everyone Loves Candy

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    if you need gil then keep one ultima weapon for each character to grind with
    once you have something in your inventory you can sell it but be careful as some items you can never get back again from the stores

find a checklist for your weapon and accessories to keep track of what you need or can sell
    Yeah I have one for each character. I think I was actually close but it was the part where I just needed to upgrade everything. So I need to keep farming for traps and ingots.
    Hi Mom!

PRO Member

After just getting the plat I can say that you only need to have had the item in you're inventory for it to count towards the trophy. One thing I will say is don't sell the damage reduction accessories as I had to rebuy some of them to finish some of the hunt missions. Also remember to talk to Bhakti to obtain the trophy I nearly cried when I thought I'd missed something when it didn't pop.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Redslayer76 View Post
    Yeah I have one for each character. I think I was actually close but it was the part where I just needed to upgrade everything. So I need to keep farming for traps and ingots.
    You don't need to farm Traps. You can dismantle a Maxed Genji Glove [You get three, and you only ever truly need one, 2 when you start farming Shaolong Guis for Dark Matters], and get one - then use it to upgrade Vanille's Belladonna/Malboro Wand to Nirvana - Max that, and dismantle it for 3 more Traps. You can then repeat the process on another Belladonna/Malboro Wand for 3 more Traps.

You only need 6 of them.

I think the only thing you don't want to sell are the elemental rings - you can't buy them at all. And you need to upgrade them into their second and third tier forms.

I highly recommend printing out this checklist - it lists the Catalysts needed for each item, as well as what level they all max out at, and what they upgrade to. It helped me a TON getting this last trophy.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

PRO Member

To be honest you don't even need to dismantle to get the traps by the time you've farmed enough Gil to upgrade eveything else you should have more than enough traps to upgrade 6 weapons.

The Temple of the King

Anyone feel like doing this trophy for me? lol. :-D

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

PRO Member

For some reason I loaded up my Xbox version and started going for the 100% completion

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't sell/dismantle anything until I was close enough to the end of the list to get everything, talk to that robot thing, and see if the trophy would pop without saving. I know everyone says you can sell/dismantle things once you have them, but I was so paranoid I would miss something that I didn't want to risk it.

I would recommend making separate save files just in case you do miss something.

This was the last trophy I needed before the plat popped, and I was so grateful when it did because I was really over this game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm kinda worried here, maybe someone can help out, I'm farming the sacrifices and sanctum girls for the perfumes/scarletites to reach 20 million gil. Now here's where I'm kinda worried, earlier I fully upgraded all my doctor's codes and dismatled them for the elixr's, I know I had them, I even made an excel checklist to make sure I had them at somepoint in the game, will this effect me from getting the treasure hunter trophy? I'm just two trophies away from plating this game and I really don't want some stupid mistake as dismantling my doctor codes from ruining this

Platinum Procrastinator

As long as you've had them in your inventory at least once you should still get the trophy. I got bored of farming for Gil towards the end so I sold all of the accessories I had completed on my list for money and bought what I needed for the rest and still got the trophy.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ok, I got all my stuff fully upgraded; but bhakti isn't budging, I made sure I have at least 1 of every item/weapon (except for the doctor's code) is it true that this trophy could be bugged because of the theme's you get for unlocking certain trophies and having them on?

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnipe3795 View Post
    ok, I got all my stuff fully upgraded; but bhakti isn't budging, I made sure I have at least 1 of every item/weapon (except for the doctor's code) is it true that this trophy could be bugged because of the theme's you get for unlocking certain trophies and having them on?
    ive never heard of a glitch nor did i have any trouble with this trophy as i kept a list and worked out exactly how much gil i needed to do what was necessary.you musnt have held everything in your inventory.hopefully you kept a list because if you havent and your at the point where you should get the trophy then it may be difficult to look back through everything and see what your missing.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I made an excel spreadsheet that has every accessory on it, everytime I got a new accessory (whether it was through the shop, treasure spheres or upgrading) I checked it off, I've checked throughout all of Gran Pulse to find missing accessory spheres, I found the one's I missed but the stupid robot keeps saying i'm missing equipment, I went as far as dismantling some of the upper tier rings to get the basic ring back. The only other place I haven't fully checked is Eden, luckily I got an old file from when I was farming the adamantoise for the ingots, I'll see how far I can get back to the start of the level and see if I'm missing any sphere's there

its been a while since i got the plat,so my memory is a little fuzzy but it was the weapons and accessories you needed to have held once.just go through your list and compare it to something off of the net to make sure your not missing something off of your list,because it does sound like you are and if thats the case your the only one who can solve it.i had the ltd edition guide and i didnt faulter once.also,i cant remember if the trophy is missable.if it isnt dont stress.check your list then check again and if you have made several saves you might be okay.i hope you get it sorted mate,let me know how you get on and there are plenty of other people on here that might be able to help you better than me.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    its been a while since i got the plat,so my memory is a little fuzzy but it was the weapons and accessories you needed to have held once.just go through your list and compare it to something off of the net to make sure your not missing something off of your list,because it does sound like you are and if thats the case your the only one who can solve it.i had the ltd edition guide and i didnt faulter once.also,i cant remember if the trophy is missable.if it isnt dont stress.check your list then check again and if you have made several saves you might be okay.i hope you get it sorted mate,let me know how you get on and there are plenty of other people on here that might be able to help you better than me.
    Thing is, the only thing I'm missing is the doctors code; but I know I have had those, I picked up the three that are available throughout this game; but I fully upgraded them and dismantled them to get the elixr's out of them for the hunts; but I know I had them once and its a real damn shame that they didn't include the damn codes into the store, that way if anyone sold or dismantled the things it'll be easy to just buy a new one. The only other sphere's that are still active in Gran Pulse are the component sphere's. Man I REALLY don't want to restart this game just because of one stupid item.

update: I finally got the damn thing, turns out I was missing the champion's belt "robot, I swear I was gonna break you"
    Last edited by Gunsnipe3795; 02-18-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnipe3795 View Post
    Thing is, the only thing I'm missing is the doctors code; but I know I have had those, I picked up the three that are available throughout this game; but I fully upgraded them and dismantled them to get the elixr's out of them for the hunts; but I know I had them once and its a real damn shame that they didn't include the damn codes into the store, that way if anyone sold or dismantled the things it'll be easy to just buy a new one. The only other sphere's that are still active in Gran Pulse are the component sphere's. Man I REALLY don't want to restart this game just because of one stupid item.

update: I finally got the damn thing, turns out I was missing the champion's belt "robot, I swear I was gonna break you"
    glad you got it sorted man,well done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast