Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FFXIII buggy?

This is a discussion on FFXIII buggy? within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; Opponent: Adamantoise (Eden Hall) Target Time: 18:04 Battle Duration: 1:50-2:10 Points per Second: 9 (why???) Score: ~18000 Number of Fights: ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

FFXIII buggy?

Opponent: Adamantoise (Eden Hall)
    Target Time: 18:04
    Battle Duration: 1:50-2:10
    Points per Second: 9 (why???)
    Score: ~18000
    Number of Fights: 11
    Catalogues equipped: Collectors Catalogue

Drops from those 11 fights: No single Platinum Ingot.

Is that possible? Can coincidence be such a bitch? From my knowledge with five stars and collectors catalogue, there's a 50% chance of retrieving a Platinum Ingot (minus 1% for the Trap). That means there's a 0.0488281% chance of the situation that just happened to me. I know as small as the chance is, that is still possible but it seems very unlikely to me. Am I really that unlucky? Or are there other factors influencing the chance of getting Platinum Ingots? Shortly before I fought the Shaolong Gui eight times and got five Dark Matters (the chance based on rating/equipment should have been about 30% so that was quite lucky) and believe it or not, in like six out of the ten fights against Adamantoise prior to this situation I got five Platinum Ingots and two Traps in a row (yeah great, I already have six 3 tier weapons). Does the game equal this luck now with a series of no unlucky fights?

I'd also like to mention that I use Fang as a leader and when she's running around, the weapon on her does not look like her 3 tier weapon that I have equipped, also when I change weapons the weapon on her back does not change. Is something fucked up? Does the game in some aspect calculate the wrong weapon and that's the reason for the 9 points per second and the 11-times-no-success-series against Adamantoise?

Anyone experienced something like this?

Random Access Memories

I don't think so. I think the actual % for the Platinum Ingots is something like 3-5%, but I could be wrong. I could never get that many either.

Lvl 4 - Silver

According to the links below the drop rate is 25% (collector's catalogue should double the chance). The chance for the rare drop, Trapezohedron is only 1%, but I heard with a 5 stars rating you can boost it up to 5% and collector catalogue doubles the chance again. Anyway, I have about 50 fights against Adamantoise/Adamantortoise (they only differ in stagger point and HP, not in drops) behind and so far the drop rate of both common and rare drop seemed to be as stated or very similar but this current situation is weird. It's getting even more ridiculous as I did another three fights without a drop which reduces the possibility of this situation to occure to 0.0061035%. I shut down for today, this is terribly annoying me. FFXIII disappointed me in many aspects after I got introduced into the series with the great FFX, but it's plain dumb to spend ten hours just fighting again and again the same monster after you already maxed out your characters completely and five star-ed every mission just to get the treasure hunter trophy.

Adamantoise (Final Fantasy XIII) - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Item Location Guide by CTMacUser

My only hope is that this is some temporary non save game related bug that will not appear anymore next time I turn on my PS3 or this is really just a coincidence.

PRO Member

Hmm now that seems very unlucky indeed but I've never battled the one outside eden hall before so it might just be that this one has a very different drop % then the ones on Grand Pulse. After fighting the ones on Grand Pulse your right the drop % is quite high and never managed to get none through that many kills.

On a quick look on google I did find a topic on another forum with more or less the same issue.

"Before I make the Long Gui spawned, I always farmed Adamantoise and Adamanchelid for Traps/Ingots/Gold Dust. Well i got no problems getting the Gold Dust. Here is my experience with Adamantortoise/Adamantoise, either from Gran Pulse or Edenhall.

As I have maxed all characters to level 5, i have no need for CP already. With over 30 kills of Adamantortoise/Adamantoise, i only got 2 traps, and 6 Ingots.

I have all 3 catalogs equipped. Those traps and Ingots i got are from the early farming. Then after 8th or 9th kill, until 30th kill, i never got any of their drops anymore! then i got tired and go to spawn the long gui/shao long gui. it was also great at first farming shao long gui, getting gold nuggets, dark matters and everything you can get from it. after 10th kill, its gone. nothing at all.

is there any advice or tips? i have 2 trophies left and treasure hunter is my main headache now. how the hell i'm gonna get the money from Ingots and traps(which i think of dismantling if no other choice but still i need Gils!) if they does not drop them?"

In response to the above:

"Don't have both catalogues equipped - just stick with one or the other. I can't remember how it works, but someone showed the (conjectured) math that having both catalogues on could negate their effects. Definitely don't use the survival catalogue (the shroud drops).

Other than that, its mostly luck."

"Yes, I ran into this issue as well. I think there is something within the game, perhaps to limit how much farming you can do. I found that quitting the game and reloading up in Edenhall about every 5 Adamantoises or so worked to ensure I got a relatively constant flow of drops. "

The % increase for plats is 25 normal and 37.5 with a catalogue.
    For Traps it'll be 1-3% with a catalogue.

With any luck a quick quit and reload might solve the issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Random Access Memories

Hmm. I was unaware of those percentages, but maybe the reason I wasn't getting good drops was because I was farming the Eden hall one. I have enough traps, just not enough gil...therefore I never got plat, because I was unsure of exactly what I was doing, lol.

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

The math is weird. It's not exact, but it's not buggy. It doesn't mean you'll get an Ingot after 4 fights.

It's a 1 in 4 chance per Adam. Meaning: A single Adam has a 1 in 4 chance of dropping an Ingot. NOT that if you fight 4 separate Adams, you'll get an Ingot after the 4th fight.

I'll try and simplify. Take the Adams on Pulse: There's 4 of them [Excluding the Chelids].

You can fight all 4 and not get a single drop from any of them. You stand a much better chance of getting a drop by fighting the same Adam over and over. However, reloading is not the way to improve your chances. That resets your chances every time.

Respawning the Adam is much better for increasing your chances. Saving and reloading is purely abut speed. You save when you get an Ingot, and reload if you don't.

The weapon issue is purely aesthetic. It has no bearing and isn't a glitch - it just doesn't change outside of battle.

Kiwi Defender

No, it's not buggy, you just have bad luck.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Yer the 4-5 on the plains are you're best bet for plats and Traps tie in mission 61 I think to kill another one and bag you're self a gold nugget at the same time easy extra 60k a run.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i always used the 1s on gran pulse, & i just went back to the save station by roller derby dudes, saved, reloaded, fought roller dudes to max TP ,fight adam, do a summon to knee drop em, spam death....rinse,repeat.

For grinding, it IS the most frustrating part of the game, ive got 2-3 in a row before, & i believe i remember going 20-30 try's without one, just dont give up.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Thats the key to not give up.it got tedious grinding for ingots and dont get me started on the trapezohedrons.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Thats the key to not give up.it got tedious grinding for ingots and dont get me started on the trapezohedrons.
    I actually never had a problem with traps for some reason...if I remember correctly, I think I have like five or six, but I don't think I had enough money to upgrade all my weapons.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thank you very much [FnG] Unholy Eve!

This sounds exactly like the problem I have. I'll try to restart the game after every 5 Adamantoises I slay and keep track of the Platinum Ingot rate. I'll post it later to let you know if the percentage will be about 35-40% over time and also if it'll vary later.

@Fox: I'm aware of that and it should neither increase or decrease your chances if you either restart after every battle or don't, take the same Adamantoise all the time or different ones because the drop rate applies to one single fight and not to a chain of fights. However as [FnG] Unholy Eve found out with some research, continuous farming the same monster appears to have a negative effect on drop rate and this is exactly what I wanted to know, if there are any other factors affecting the rate, so I could change my strategy how to farm them. It is certainly not an impossibility not to get any drop 14 times in a row, but come on, if the calculation purely bases on the percentage value, this is more than unlikely to achieve (the chances are a little more likely however as the drop rate with catalogue seems to be 37,5% and not 50% as I thought). Take a test yourself and click 14 times on Generate here RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service. I can bet with you that even after 100 times of doing this, you'll not be able to generate only random numbers between 38 and 100 but you'll always have some lower numbers in your results.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I just slayed twenty more Adamantoises and this is the result:

y = yes, Platinum Ingot
    n = no drop
    t = Trap

01 n
    02 n
    03 y
    04 n
    05 y
    06 y
    07 n
    08 n
    09 n
    10 n
    11 n
    12 y
    13 n
    14 n
    15 y
    16 n
    17 y
    18 y
    19 t
    20 y

If you exclude the chain from the 7th till 11th, I got 8 Platinum Ingots and 6 times no drop. Looks much more like 50% chance for me than 37,5%. I assumed the rating also influences the drop rate and it might be that with constant 5 stars ratings the rate is 50%. I restarted the game every five fights but after the 10th, as it seemed again to go in anti-farming mode (four times no drop is not too unlikely but I was suspicious) I took the save point inside the long Eden hallway instead of the one close to the Adamantoise and took also a few fights on the way (Behemoths and guards) as well as everytime opening the shop and upgrade center to sell the Ingots and upgrade some weapons. It seems that helped though of course this is not a proof as you cannot really measure coincidence with such a little amount of data. Anyway the problem with no drop for a dozen fights didn't appear again. After fighting 20 Adamantoises I had enough Platinum Ingots for the treasure hunter trophy. To upgrade the last weapons I sold some 2 tier weapons I never use, collector and conniesseur catalogue, the growth egg and the entite ring which gave me a total of 700k extra gil. I first paniced because the trophy didn't show up but then I compared my check list to the trophy guide, the ffxiii wiki weapons and accessoires list and figured out I didn't buy Gae Bolg yet and after upgrading it to 2nd tier, voilá, the treasure hunter trophy appeared.

The only thing left now for Platinum is to defeat a Long Gui, shouldn't take me more than 1-2 hours to get enough experience how to handle it.

EDIT:

With full TP and an Elixier I just did it on my second try. Platinum after 74:41 finally.
    Last edited by i667090375202107; 11-10-2011 at 09:16 AM.

PRO Member

Congrats i667090375202107 remember to join the FF13 plat group too :p glad my little find was able to help.

You did it in 49 hours quicker than me but then I made the mistake of farming for perfume and scarlite instead of ignots and traps untill I had maxed all my charas

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by [FnG] Unholy Eve View Post
    Congrats i667090375202107 remember to join the FF13 plat group too :p glad my little find was able to help.

You did it in 49 hours quicker than me but then I made the mistake of farming for perfume and scarlite instead of ignots and traps untill I had maxed all my charas
    Quick question, exactly how much gil do you need for the treasure hunter trophy?

PRO Member

I have plated the game and still plays it sometimes and never seen a bug

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks [FnG] Unholy Eve, to be honest this was my second playthrough as I sold too much equipment on the first to still get treasure hunter. I was prepared this time and neither had problems with any of the eidolons (I even bashed Odin easily! ), neither Barthandelus or any other boss. I also found some good farming spots like the last monsters in the tesseracts (the section with the 2nd and 3rd appearance of Wladislaus) where you get 110000 experience points in just four fights. If you didn't rush too much before you could win those easily and as I never used a deceptisol before I had 15 left from which I took half for the first (and most difficult) of those four fights which reduced the time I needed to win to about ten seconds (Wladislaus is staggered at 999% so imagine how fast you slay him using deceptisol). After farming in this area for some time I finished the game with all three primary roles maxed and 990000 exp left to further increase them after the last expansion you receive when finishing the game. The rest of the game was going through the remaining missions and (mostly) slaying Adamantoises/tortoises which costed me 35 hours (I did the main story in 40 hours but including reasonable farming, collecting Perovskites for the treasure hunter and doing something like the first 30 missions with five stars).

I hate trophies like this and they always make me wonder if the game developer's did this with intention (to frustrate their fans, to separate the hardcore gamers from the superficial ones or what for?) or with they just lack experience in creating intelligent and reasonable trophies.

@AngeldeLeo: This turned out to rather be a wanted implementation than a bug. Anyway if you didn't farm the Eden hall Adamantoise too much you'll have never noticed that.

@daftprophet: Hard to say. If you want I can post you the list I used (and created myself) with all necessary items for treasure hunter. Most of them I added either the location or what to upgrade (to what level and experience and the transmuter). Most things you can just grab and for many accessoires that you get by ugrading it'll only take 600-3400 points. That means you can simply repeat hunt mission #7 or any other that gives you good items and use the stuff for upgrading (so no money spending but only farming for items). For the higher leveled things like the Wurtzite bangle and the weapons I'd use Particle Accelerator for 10000 gil. Remember that you have to upgrade 48 weapons to tier 2 which will cost you for each 2-5 of them. You only have to upgrade 6 weapons to tier 3 for which Ultracompact Reactors (50000 gil) are helpful. I didn't find any other occasion than this where they'd be necessary. Always get some 80 gil items at creatures comfort to set the modifier for upgrading an item to x3 if you have to spend many items for upgrading something. You'll need about five Adamantites (each 220000) and 15-20 Uraninites (each 45000), . If you haven't finished the story yet you're strongly advised to farm some Perovskites before as you can get an unlimited ammount of them and later you can only get them in the store for 30000gil each (you might need about 20-30 of them). You'll also need Scarletites and Dark Matter but both you can farm and don't need to spend money on.

Just as a guideline you might need about 15 Ultracompact Reactors as well as 80 Particle Accelerators as well as 5 Adamantites and 20 Uraninites -> Sums up to 15*50k + 80*10k + 5*220k + 20*45k -> 3,500,000 gil.

If you're unlucky with the traps you might consider purchasing one initially. Use this one to upgrade the appropriate weapon of Fang or Vanilla to its maximum level in 3rd tier and then dismantle it to make three traps out of one! That means you'll only need two more to have had all six 3 tier weapons and you should get them easily farming the toises.

To shorten the effort in the end, you should put a separate savegame and just sell every 2 tier weapon you don't need and the equipment that is worth it (catalogues, growth egg, entite ring, high level bangles...) and you'll suddenly have 1,000,000 gil additionally or even more.

If you're interested in the list I used for getting and upgrading the accessoires and weapons, I'll post it here for you.

Random Access Memories

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    @daftprophet: Hard to say. If you want I can post you the list I used (and created myself) with all necessary items for treasure hunter. Most of them I added either the location or what to upgrade (to what level and experience and the transmuter). Most things you can just grab and for many accessoires that you get by ugrading it'll only take 600-3400 points. That means you can simply repeat hunt mission #7 or any other that gives you good items and use the stuff for upgrading (so no money spending but only farming for items). For the higher leveled things like the Wurtzite bangle and the weapons I'd use Particle Accelerator for 10000 gil. Remember that you have to upgrade 48 weapons to tier 2 which will cost you for each 2-5 of them. You only have to upgrade 6 weapons to tier 3 for which Ultracompact Reactors (50000 gil) are helpful. I didn't find any other occasion than this where they'd be necessary. Always get some 80 gil items at creatures comfort to set the modifier for upgrading an item to x3 if you have to spend many items for upgrading something. You'll need about five Adamantites (each 220000) and 15-20 Uraninites (each 45000), . If you haven't finished the story yet you're strongly advised to farm some Perovskites before as you can get an unlimited ammount of them and later you can only get them in the store for 30000gil each (you might need about 20-30 of them). You'll also need Scarletites and Dark Matter but both you can farm and don't need to spend money on.

Just as a guideline you might need about 15 Ultracompact Reactors as well as 80 Particle Accelerators as well as 5 Adamantites and 20 Uraninites -> Sums up to 15*50k + 80*10k + 5*220k + 20*45k -> 3,500,000 gil.

If you're unlucky with the traps you might consider purchasing one initially. Use this one to upgrade the appropriate weapon of Fang or Vanilla to its maximum level in 3rd tier and then dismantle it to make three traps out of one! That means you'll only need two more to have had all six 3 tier weapons and you should get them easily farming the toises.

To shorten the effort in the end, you should put a separate savegame and just sell every 2 tier weapon you don't need and the equipment that is worth it (catalogues, growth egg, entite ring, high level bangles...) and you'll suddenly have 1,000,000 gil additionally or even more.

If you're interested in the list I used for getting and upgrading the accessoires and weapons, I'll post it here for you.
    Yeah, That'd be great. I had been trying to get this for a while now, but simply lost interest because of the grinding...I would appreciate it greatly as It's possible I have enough gil, I just was unclear of how much I really needed.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Here you go:

Toggle Spoiler

I didn't write the locations of those accessoires that were obvious how to get for me. You should check them and if you're still missing something, google should help you easily. The number of experience and the transmuter should be correct everywhere, though I won't guarantee it as it might be that some were wrong and I forgot to update the information (anyway this shouldn't cause big trouble as you can just mark them and check them out with help of google later).

For the weapons, I removed the info about the ones I upgraded to 3rd tier later because the line was too long and I wanted to see the whole line. The following link will give you all info about upgrading those and as well about Gae Bolg which I added later (because I forgot at first). List of Final Fantasy XIII Weapons - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

If you have any questions/problems feel free to ask me. You can also send me a private message so we won't have to occupy this thread for it any longer.

Good luck!

Random Access Memories

Apparently I wasn't unlucky with the Traps at all...booted my game up and had 9 of them and one tier 3 weapon??? I have no idea what I was doing as my save file is over a year old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast