Easy way to farm the tortoise?

This is a discussion on Easy way to farm the tortoise? within the Final Fantasy XIII forum, part of the F; I really need a good way to quickly kill the tortoise's besides the death spam/or calling in an eidolon to ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy way to farm the tortoise?

I really need a good way to quickly kill the tortoise's besides the death spam/or calling in an eidolon to bring them down. I have nothing left but to get all the weapons to have the treasure hunter trophy and waiting to go get 3tp while it doesn't add a ton of time adds enough to get annoying. Does anyone have any god strategies to take them on. All my characters are maxed out on the chyrstarium and have maxed teir two weapons. (Vanille has a maxed Nirvana wand) So basically I only need Gil and Traps and I'm looking for a more efficient way to go about it.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Resident PHD

Do you mind breaking items down? Just power up genji gloves and break them down to get traps.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

I ll recommend Fang for the task

PRO Member

I am in this same boat too. I am so tired of farming for gill to get the treasure hunter trophy. Damn you Dark Matters!!!!!!!

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Do you mind breaking items down? Just power up genji gloves and break them down to get traps.
    I don't. However; I only have one right now. I know you get three but I would like to keep one on hand, and I beat atticus and didn't get the glove do you need to 5 star that mission to get it? And the other is the mission I'm not completing at the moment to keep the tortoises from becoming long gui's

EDIT-

Well after going through youtube to try to find some help I found this tactic that seems to work well. Been doing it for an hour and I have gotten 6 or so platinum ingots "better then gran pulse by far for me" I also found if I sell the ingot before the next fight I'm more likely to get another though that may just be coincidence.

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by Alive26; 12-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The gill isn't that much of a problem. If you have enough traps (use those weapons to get 3) finish most of the weapons and when there are only a couple weapons left and you're out of gil, make an extra save game and sell all your stuff. This should get you enough money to finish up the last couple of weapons. Make sure you have enough traps for them though. This saves you a lot of time grinding for gil if you already have enough plats.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    I ll recommend Fang for the task
    \

I second this. If you have your Crystarium maxed out, then use fang and her highwind technique for taking out the legs...lots of buffing/debuffing, but isn't long at all. I would finish them most of the time in under 2 mins. I also recommend farming the one(s) on grand pulse as I was doing the one in Eden and getting shite for it...once I switched over, I was getting platinum ingots more steadily and I ended up with something like 12 traps or so??? I know...it was a lot. Good luck!!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

If the Grand Pulse ones are no longer there check out this thread the owner did a fair bit of research into the the one in eden and its drop ratio.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/fi...iii-buggy.html

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for the help. And yea I switched to the one ones on gran pulse and they finally decided to start coughing up the drops I got all my traps and eventually the rest of what I needed rather quickly. So I finally finished that trophy now all I need to do is beat the cactuar and the last hunt with 5 stars and I will have the plat.