Beta Applications Open for PC and PS3

This is a discussion on Beta Applications Open for PC and PS3 within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; Here is the application for North Americans: https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/...9c51bde2069033 and for Europeans : https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/...8546212e60093e If for some reason those links don't ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Beta Applications Open for PC and PS3

Here is the application for North Americans: https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/...9c51bde2069033

and for Europeans : https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/...8546212e60093e

If for some reason those links don't work, here's an article on IGN with other links in it for you. Final Fantasy XIV Beta Applications Open - IGN

Remember to use your Final Fantasy XIII member's code to get bumped ahead of the cue. Taking the survey probably won't hurt either.

Looks like the game is actually coming along on schedule, hopefully this means we can expect a full release by the end of the year. Hope to see you there!

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

I highly doubt I'll buy the game since I've never been fond of subscription fees, but I'll willingly give the game a try if I get into the beta.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I highly doubt I'll buy the game since I've never been fond of subscription fees, but I'll willingly give the game a try if I get into the beta.
    SE is trying the whole "Freemium" model on a few of their browser/smartphone games and I think they are litmus tests for the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see the game have a similar model, since it has worked out so well for games like DC Universe Online. So don't hold out too much hope if you do end up enjoying it that the monthly fee will be what stops you from enjoying it again.

SE gets a lot of shit from people, but they know how to run a business.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    SE is trying the whole "Freemium" model on a few of their browser/smartphone games and I think they are litmus tests for the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see the game have a similar model, since it has worked out so well for games like DC Universe Online. So don't hold out too much hope if you do end up enjoying it that the monthly fee will be what stops you from enjoying it again.

SE gets a lot of shit from people, but they know how to run a business.
    I can see the game running a multitransactions system similar to that of TF2 in the long run, but seeing how XI has managed to last so long with just the subscription fee, I highly doubt they'll do it, even if they want to appeal to the masses after the huge failure that the original FFXIV was.

That's without a doubt true.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I can see the game running a multitransactions system similar to that of TF2 in the long run, but seeing how XI has managed to last so long with just the subscription fee, I highly doubt they'll do it, even if they want to appeal to the masses after the huge failure that the original FFXIV was.

That's without a doubt true.
    This supposedly is going to be a whole different type of beast than XI. There are going to be all sorts of housing, and visual customizations for characters, mounts, etc; Don't forget that Yoshi-P played Dark Age of Camelot for a long time and has implemented some of that games more standout features into this one. I played XI for eight years, and this game seems to have a lot more things to do than the monotony of leveling up and camping mobs that the last game focused on. I am anxious to see just how much content there is.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I for one can not wait for this game to drop. Just signed up for the beta, even used my fancy code from ffxiii. *fingers crossed*

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinslacker View Post
    I for one can not wait for this game to drop. Just signed up for the beta, even used my fancy code from ffxiii. *fingers crossed*
    I have been wait for this game for going on 4 years now lol. I don't have a good enough PC to run it and I want it on PS3 anyway. I have already pre-ordered the new release and I'm ecstatic about the beta. I signed up for the PS3 beta at 12:05 am. (Before the FFXIV site was even updated)
    Maybe they will look at the earliest signups once they filter through all the people.
    *Crosses every finger and toe he has*
    Last edited by Organization XIll; 01-24-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

well according to Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013) we are just days away from beta!!!! Hopefully i get selected. I am steadily checking my email and slamming beers. No luck so far in beta key but did manage to cop a buzz from said beers. Hopefully patience is a virtue and virtue pays off Organization XIII, i have also been waiting a long time for this damn game. Back in 2010 i got pc beta key but my pc sucks. no ffxiv on pc for me. Anyways i do believe these beers have gotten the best of me hopefully ill see some of u's in the beta and we can put the stomp on a Malboro together.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinslacker View Post
    well according to Letter from the Producer, XLIII (02/15/2013) we are just days away from beta!!!! Hopefully i get selected. I am steadily checking my email and slamming beers. No luck so far in beta key but did manage to cop a buzz from said beers. Hopefully patience is a virtue and virtue pays off Organization XIII, i have also been waiting a long time for this damn game. Back in 2010 i got pc beta key but my pc sucks. no ffxiv on pc for me. Anyways i do believe these beers have gotten the best of me hopefully ill see some of u's in the beta and we can put the stomp on a Malboro together.
    This site needs a thumb up and down button lol. The name I'm planning on using is "Soraxas Straeh" Oh! Thread idea!

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw