Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FF XIV Buy it or not

This is a discussion on FF XIV Buy it or not within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; Originally Posted by Koimia I love the whole argument that MMO's suck for consoles.. yet not one person can give ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I love the whole argument that MMO's suck for consoles.. yet not one person can give me a reason as to why... keyboard and mouse vs controller? you can use the keyboard and mouse on ps3. better graphics? okay if you want to spend a shit ton of cash to play the same game I do, go right ahead. Everyone is already saying that if Everquest Next was to come to consoles it would be a dumbed down version of the game. How so?

As for this game, I have it preordered. My funds issue I mentioned earlier in this thread have all taken care of themselves and so I went ahead and bought this game. I've got two toons in the open beta, one on a EU server and one on a US server. My heart isn't set on any of them for keeps though until we have an official PS3Trophies server. I know that some mention of that has been said in the FF Online Group, but maybe posting a poll here in the Final Fantasy XIV section? Drum up a little more interest perhaps?
    I never said I hated the game or that anyone who pays monthly fees is doing something wrong. I don't mind paying for something that is good enough. I liked the graphics and areas, I just didn't enjoy combat, which was very boring to me, just an opinion, and Organization I never said I hate the game. I was with this game since the first trailer, I was excited for it, believe me I wanted to play a great MMO on a console. I don't know maybe it's the Japanese style of the game. I wish you guys great time playing this game, and hope you guys love it till the end, and don't get offended. I'm just disappointed cause I was really looking forward to playing FF XIV.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I love the whole argument that MMO's suck for consoles.. yet not one person can give me a reason as to why... keyboard and mouse vs controller? you can use the keyboard and mouse on ps3. better graphics? okay if you want to spend a shit ton of cash to play the same game I do, go right ahead. Everyone is already saying that if Everquest Next was to come to consoles it would be a dumbed down version of the game. How so?

As for this game, I have it preordered. My funds issue I mentioned earlier in this thread have all taken care of themselves and so I went ahead and bought this game. I've got two toons in the open beta, one on a EU server and one on a US server. My heart isn't set on any of them for keeps though until we have an official PS3Trophies server. I know that some mention of that has been said in the FF Online Group, but maybe posting a poll here in the Final Fantasy XIV section? Drum up a little more interest perhaps?
    I agree completely. The beta forums (that are now gone) were littered with people raging about how the PS3 version holds them back, and I ask: How? We have lesser graphics (doesn't affect anyone else), Limited RAM (lag for us, not PC) and have to deal with a controller to play. (I personally prefer the controller) There really is nothing that "sucks" about console MMOs.

Also, there is a poll up. ^.^
    http://ps3trophies.com/forums/final-...er-thread.html

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12