Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FF XIV Buy it or not

This is a discussion on FF XIV Buy it or not within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; I'm keeping my pre-order thanks to my favorite youtuber, here is what he has to say about the game...

Lvl 7 - Gold

FF XIV Buy it or not

I'm keeping my pre-order thanks to my favorite youtuber, here is what he has to say about the game
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

LOL I pre-ordered the collectors edition last night. No doubt I am getting this game and playing it for yeaaarrss. lol

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Negator

I've made the decision to not purchase this game. If it's ever free for PS+ 4 or 5 years down the line, I still wont get it.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Aww lol why not? Not a fan of MMO's?

дурак

Plan on Pre-ordering the CE with my next paycheck. The beta was/is amazingly fun, and I've encountered very few bugs. Finally another game I'm REALLY enthusiastic about.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I've made the decision to not purchase this game. If it's ever free for PS+ 4 or 5 years down the line, I still wont get it.
    I'm with Helyx on this one. I'm not getting this either. Would rather spend the money elsewhere for something that I would actually enjoy playing.

DON'T BLINK

I've been playing the hell out of the beta and loving every second of it. Most likely a day one purchase for me... pending funds for the monthly fee.

INTJ

I played the beta for 2-3 days as a Thurturmage or wahtever the fuck that class is and i have to say it's most likely going to be successful.

they fixed a ton of problems from the first 14 when i played open beta. The game isn't a sack of shit anymore. They also ripped off some guild wars 2 stuff (like their "FATE" system)

so ya, i hated ff11 and pre-arr ff14 but ff14 is cool in my book. Just wish a subscription wasn't required otherwise i would probably play.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I quite enjoyed the beta version. If it wasn't for the monthly subscription I probably would have pre ordered it.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

Again like most if it wasn't for the monthly subscription I would have bought the game, the beta is a massive step up from the original.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Why is the subscription a major turn off for people? I wouldn't be playing if there WASN'T one. It gives the developers more money in general. (debatable I guess) If not more money at the very least it gives them a stead income and will result in more content being added more frequently. I have been waiting for years to play this game and I'm not letting $13 hold me back from playing it.

Also Ps360, its Thaumaturge. Thow-ma-turge. lol

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    Why is the subscription a major turn off for people? I wouldn't be playing if there WASN'T one. It gives the developers more money in general. (debatable I guess) If not more money at the very least it gives them a stead income and will result in more content being added more frequently. I have been waiting for years to play this game and I'm not letting $13 hold me back from playing it.
    I will admit, I had to debate with myself whether or not it was worth it. And I decided that it was worth paying $13 a month. I think it's because most these guys are used to not having to pay for an online game , as am I (since PS3's online is free). And to be honest, I understand their point of view as well.

On one hand, it could be F2P and be more accessible to people who can't afford a monthly subscription for just one game. However this also means the developers would have to implement some sort of micro-transaction to make a steady profit. The other problem with this is, is that it would allow those with greater income to be much better off then those who don't.

But since it's P2P, it means everyone (Aside from people who pre-order the retail/collectors edition of the game) will be on equal footing. That also means, like you said, more content at a faster rate.

I don't think either side of the coin is invalid. It's just personal preference. To each their own.
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

ill play it on PS4.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post

Also Ps360, its Thaumaturge. Thow-ma-turge. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I will admit, I had to debate with myself whether or not it was worth it. And I decided that it was worth paying $13 a month. I think it's because most these guys are used to not having to pay for an online game , as am I (since PS3's online is free). And to be honest, I understand their point of view as well.

On one hand, it could be F2P and be more accessible to people who can't afford a monthly subscription for just one game. However this also means the developers would have to implement some sort of micro-transaction to make a steady profit. The other problem with this is, is that it would allow those with greater income to be much better off then those who don't.

But since it's P2P, it means everyone (Aside from people who pre-order the retail/collectors edition of the game) will be on equal footing. That also means, like you said, more content at a faster rate.

I don't think either side of the coin is invalid. It's just personal preference. To each their own.
    Actually I've got several MMO accounts going right now that all have monthly fees. So I am used to paying monthly fees. I just don't need ONE more. Also, the fact that I now have a 5 month old son, my money and time is going more to him than games. Truth be told as soon as my active subs for my other current MMO's run out I will not be renewing those.

Hence the pending funds for monthly fee comment I made. I perhaps may let all those others run out and THEN sub up with this game. As I said I've been loving every minute of the beta.

Death to zombies!!

Had it on pre-order since FF14 was first announced and since playing the beta im still keeping it on order Cant moan at only paying 8 for it

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Actually I've got several MMO accounts going right now that all have monthly fees. So I am used to paying monthly fees. I just don't need ONE more. Also, the fact that I now have a 5 month old son, my money and time is going more to him than games. Truth be told as soon as my active subs for my other current MMO's run out I will not be renewing those.

Hence the pending funds for monthly fee comment I made. I perhaps may let all those others run out and THEN sub up with this game. As I said I've been loving every minute of the beta.
    Gotcha lol. I hope the other ones run out before Aug. 27. Hope to see you on Gilgamesh?

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post

I was referring to those who were turned off by the subscription fee. You weren't :p

But that is true, people also have shit outside of gaming they need to take care of and won't have as much time to game, thus not really being worth it for them. Hope to see you around the game sometime.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Played the beta game looks nice but combat is awful not worth monthly fee, character customization not as cool as I thought, or maybe i'm just annoyed because let's face it consoles suck for MMOs.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

I won't "face it." They don't suck. The game runs fine for me and if you don't like the combat then MMO's probably aren't for you.

I really need to stop reading these "i hate the game" posts.

DON'T BLINK

I love the whole argument that MMO's suck for consoles.. yet not one person can give me a reason as to why... keyboard and mouse vs controller? you can use the keyboard and mouse on ps3. better graphics? okay if you want to spend a shit ton of cash to play the same game I do, go right ahead. Everyone is already saying that if Everquest Next was to come to consoles it would be a dumbed down version of the game. How so?

As for this game, I have it preordered. My funds issue I mentioned earlier in this thread have all taken care of themselves and so I went ahead and bought this game. I've got two toons in the open beta, one on a EU server and one on a US server. My heart isn't set on any of them for keeps though until we have an official PS3Trophies server. I know that some mention of that has been said in the FF Online Group, but maybe posting a poll here in the Final Fantasy XIV section? Drum up a little more interest perhaps?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast