Results 1 to 11 of 11

by far one of best games I've played

This is a discussion on by far one of best games I've played within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; Must say my first impression of this game is pure awesomeness .iplayed early acces all day sat and had so ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    X-WARD_ARMY's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    158
    Reputation
    1

    by far one of best games I've played

    Must say my first impression of this game is pure awesomeness .iplayed early acces all day sat and had so much fun ididnt expect a ff mmo to work but se have realy nailed it home with this 1 shame about the pay to play but I carnt see a major issue with this as I carnt see a end to this game and I have the disapointing saints row 4 to trade for some time cards so I recommend the game its self is cheap enough and if your a bit skinnt like me trade some old games in for some time cards.

  2. #2
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    if square enix gets rid of the monthly sub i would play it.

    That form of payment is outdated.

  3. #3
    DON'T BLINK
    Koimia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adams, WI
    Posts
    1,363
    Reputation
    80

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if square enix gets rid of the monthly sub i would play it.

    That form of payment is outdated.

    So you aren't gonna be playing Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online then either eh?

    As for this game, I'm loving it too, though I wish they would fix the instance issue that is blocking me from doing my Level 5 story quest. (I'm currently level 10 and can either grind out levels to unlock more quests or wait...)

  4. #4
    Death to zombies!!
    stupot00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BRISTOL, UK
    Posts
    1,815
    Reputation
    199

    Glad your liking it wish my early access worked, only a few days to wait though.




    Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133


    My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

  5. #5
    Final Fantasy XIV Guru
    Organization XIll's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by X-WARD_ARMY View Post
    ...but I carnt see a major issue with this as I carnt see a end to this game...
    End game is what this game is all about actually. Yoshi-P (Lead Developer) has stated before that "This game doesn't really begin until endgame." He has LOADS of content already implemented with even MORE loads planned for future patches and expansions. Honestly, this game probably the greatest MMO consoles have seen yet by a long shot. Just wait till 50 then see the sheer volume of endgame material.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if square enix gets rid of the monthly sub i would play it.

    That form of payment is outdated.
    Subscriptions aren't outdated. They are the future of gaming. I mean, look at the next gen consoles. Xbox didn't drop theirs, PlayStation added on. MMOs need subscription fees rather than agrivating pay to win games. I mean look at WoW (sorry for bringing it up), they survived for the better part of a decade with their subscription fee. Now, they have started adding micro transactions and talk of going F2P has hit and they're subs are moving to other MMOs. They lost a third of their subscribers last year. I just don't understand the mindset of people that don't want to pay to be on the same playing field of everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    So you aren't gonna be playing Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online then either eh?

    As for this game, I'm loving it too, though I wish they would fix the instance issue that is blocking me from doing my Level 5 story quest. (I'm currently level 10 and can either grind out levels to unlock more quests or wait...)
    Yea the instance issue is a problem for me as well. I need to do they lvl 15 story quest so I can get my retainer to make moneysss. I am dirt poor and I do a lot of teleporting. xD


    Avatar created by: remus1997
    Signature created by: DaRe_xLw


  6. #6
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    So you aren't gonna be playing Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online then either eh?

    As for this game, I'm loving it too, though I wish they would fix the instance issue that is blocking me from doing my Level 5 story quest. (I'm currently level 10 and can either grind out levels to unlock more quests or wait...)
    Wildstar has a eve online style system where you can play for free if you benefit enough to the game.


    Elder scrolls online is gay

  7. #7
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    BeefcakeJax's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    City of Dunwall
    Posts
    652
    Reputation
    73

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Wildstar has a eve online style system where you can play for free if you benefit enough to the game.


    Elder scrolls online is gay
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

  8. #8
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,495
    Reputation
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    End game is what this game is all about actually. Yoshi-P (Lead Developer) has stated before that "This game doesn't really begin until endgame." He has LOADS of content already implemented with even MORE loads planned for future patches and expansions. Honestly, this game probably the greatest MMO consoles have seen yet by a long shot. Just wait till 50 then see the sheer volume of endgame material.
    I've never heard of a Dev not saying the end game to an MMO is where it starts. After story and what not it bores me. Sure getting equipment and ranking up and finishing some stuff is fun, but it ends there for me. Don't believe it when they say it starts there, it's definitely a marketing ploy.

    Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

  9. #9
    Final Fantasy XIV Guru
    Organization XIll's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I've never heard of a Dev not saying the end game to an MMO is where it starts. After story and what not it bores me. Sure getting equipment and ranking up and finishing some stuff is fun, but it ends there for me. Don't believe it when they say it starts there, it's definitely a marketing ploy.
    FFXIV ARR 101 Episode 42: What End Game Content Will There Be? - YouTube

    Watch that. That tells you about some of the end game content. I'll link Yoshi-P's quote when I find it.

    EDIT:
    For ARR, the level cap is going to be level 50 to start the game. We don't want players to have to spend a lot of time getting to level 50. The reason behind this is that we believe the game up to level 50 is basically your tutorial. The real game begins from level 50. We have the real challenges begin there. We have a lot of end content that we've already prepared to be ready at the launch of the game.
    Source: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/a-re...for-mmo-idiots


    Avatar created by: remus1997
    Signature created by: DaRe_xLw


  10. #10
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    Subscriptions aren't outdated. They are the future of gaming. I mean, look at the next gen consoles. Xbox didn't drop theirs, PlayStation added on. MMOs need subscription fees rather than agrivating pay to win games. I mean look at WoW (sorry for bringing it up), they survived for the better part of a decade with their subscription fee. Now, they have started adding micro transactions and talk of going F2P has hit and they're subs are moving to other MMOs. They lost a third of their subscribers last year. I just don't understand the mindset of people that don't want to pay to be on the same playing field of everyone else.
    i once again point to guild wars 2.

    the game that only has a buy in of 49$ and you get the entire game forever

    they have proven that the current sub system is outdated. Just make the game free to play after buy-in and keep the current flow of cash with cosmetic cash shop and your set.



    playstation seriously needs server upgrade/maintenance money because they are burning to the ground unless they put the fire out, so i dont mind subbing them.

  11. #11
    Final Fantasy XIV Guru
    Organization XIll's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    302
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i once again point to guild wars 2.

    the game that only has a buy in of 49$ and you get the entire game forever

    they have proven that the current sub system is outdated. Just make the game free to play after buy-in and keep the current flow of cash with cosmetic cash shop and your set.



    playstation seriously needs server upgrade/maintenance money because they are burning to the ground unless they put the fire out, so i dont mind subbing them.
    That's one game that still has a cash shop. I NEVER want a cash shop on FFXIV even if it is cosmetic only. I will be done playing if that happens. And PlayStation isn't the only one burning to the ground almost ever gaming company is. Your beloved Nintendo included.

    Again the system isn't outdated. Far from it. Pay to play is the way to go for decent support and timely expansions. Using your example of Guild Wars 2, the developers have stated many times that they do not plan to have any expansions. So what you buy is all you get. Mean while FFXIV will have several 1 on which has been heavily hinted to be around the 3 month mark.

    WoW, FFXI, EQ etc. ALL have subs and still exist with large numbers of active subscribers. Not outdated, just not free for Ps360. Get. Over. It.


    Avatar created by: remus1997
    Signature created by: DaRe_xLw


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO