FFXIV: Major Update

This is a discussion on FFXIV: Major Update within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; The following are the results of the maintenance that occurred on Sep. 3, 2013 from around 5:00 p.m. to Sep. ...

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

FFXIV: Major Update

The following are the results of the maintenance that occurred on Sep. 3, 2013 from around 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 4, 2013 around 2:10 a.m. (PDT).

-Alleviating Stress on Duty Finder Servers This maintenance has implemented countermeasures to alleviate the stress on servers. Previously, matching took place across all servers in the various region data centers, but following this maintenance, matching will now take place within the selected groups below.

*Japan Data Center
    -Group 1
    Aegis/Alexander/Atomos/Carbuncle/Chocobo/
    Gungnir/Ifrit/Ixion/Ramuh/Ridill/Titan/
    Typhon/Valefor

-Group 2
    Anima/Bahamut/Durandal/Fenrir/Garuda/Hades/
    Kujata/Mandragora/Masamune/Tiamat/Tonberry/
    Ultima

*North American/European Data Centers
    -Group 1
    Adamantoise/Balmung/Cactuar/Diabolos/Exodus/
    Goblin/Hyperion/Lamia/Malboro/Moogle/Odin/
    Ragnarok/Siren

-Group 2
    Behemoth/Cerberus/Coeurl/Excalibur/Faerie/
    Gilgamesh/Leviathan/Midgardsormr/Phoenix/
    Sargatanas/Shiva/Ultros

-Login Restrictions
    In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions.

-Regarding Limits on New Character Creation As a result of this maintenance, it is now possible to accommodate an increased number of simultaneous logins in the various Worlds; therefore, we have now lifted the New Character Creation restrictions in the majority of Worlds in which restrictions were in effect. New players who are just starting a game or those who would simply like to create a new character can do so by finding a World which has had the restrictions lifted, and creating a character there.

Please note that there is a tendency for characters to become concentrated in certain Worlds, causing login numbers to jump up in those particular Worlds. In order to create a population balance between Worlds, we will continue to be implementing New Character Creation restrictions in overly congested Worlds.

We will monitor the situation, and in the event restrictions may be lifted, follow-up news posts will be posted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and ask for your patience and understanding.

-Addition of New Worlds
    With this maintenance, preparation for the addition of new Worlds has been completed.

Although it is possible to add several new Worlds due to load balancing on servers, an increased number of players able to login simultaneously to various Worlds, and New Character Creation being possible again on various Worlds as a result of this maintenance, we will only be adding a minimal number of Worlds at this time directly after maintenance.

At this time, the following new Worlds have been added.

*Japan Data Center
    -Pandemonium

*North American/European data center
    -Famfrit/Lich (Europe-recommended World)

Please note that, after a new World opens, we predict players will be concentrated in that specific World. In order to create a population balance, please be aware that we will be implementing New Character Creation restrictions or login restrictions in overly congested Worlds.

We will continue with the addition of new Worlds as we monitor the login situation and public opinion in real time, and updates of any new Worlds will be posted.
    Basically, they fixed nearly all the issues and will be monitoring the spikes in log ins. I am actually glad they didn't add more than 3 worlds. Anymore and a few weeks from now some servers could be ghost towns lol. Also, I am a bit stunned that they split the duty finder up so much. I was expected per region at the most. As long as it doesn't shut down anymore I really don't care lol.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b9b8b5c44d4061

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    Basically, they fixed nearly all the issues and will be monitoring the spikes in log ins. I am actually glad they didn't add more than 3 worlds. Anymore and a few weeks from now some servers could be ghost towns lol. Also, I am a bit stunned that they split the duty finder up so much. I was expected per region at the most. As long as it doesn't shut down anymore I really don't care lol.

Source: FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone | Regarding Results of Maintenance (Sep. 4)
    Im holding off on this game until the ps4, despite some of the server issues they have been having how is the gameplay and how steep is the learning curve of the game?

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    Im holding off on this game until the ps4, despite some of the server issues they have been having how is the gameplay and how steep is the learning curve of the game?
    The learning curve isn't really a curve at all lol. They purposefully designed the game to be easy for a casual gamer to understand. You can get by with simple rotations or dive in and make it as complicated as you want. If you like MMOs then this game is amazing. If you haven't played one before this one is a great one to start the genre on. I highly recommend you get the game for PS3 as the PS4 version is probably 6 months off or so. There will most likely be a small upgrade fee to go from PS3 to PS4. Ten bucks is my guesstimate. Also, that way you wont be behind everyone else in level and you can join me on Goblin now.

TLDR: The gameplay itself has enough to keep you interested without confusing the fuck out of you and is worth getting now.

PRO Member

As a sidenote to what Organization XIII said, you can also use a USB keyboard/mouse receiver to assist with chatting/emotes, and the occasional quick-targeting if you happen to be playing a healer in a party.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

DON'T BLINK

The learning curve isn't really a curve at all lol. They purposefully designed the game to be easy for a casual gamer to understand. You can get by with simple rotations or dive in and make it as complicated as you want. If you like MMOs then this game is amazing. If you haven't played one before this one is a great one to start the genre on. I highly recommend you get the game for PS3 as the PS4 version is probably 6 months off or so. There will most likely be a small upgrade fee to go from PS3 to PS4. Ten bucks is my guesstimate. Also, that way you wont be behind everyone else in level and you can join me on Goblin now.

TLDR: The gameplay itself has enough to keep you interested without confusing the fuck out of you and is worth getting now.
    That really depends. Sony could work their magic on Square and convince them to that price (like CoD Ghosts upgrade will be) But since Square is already making you pay full price twice to play on PS3 and PC, I'm betting that PS4 would be the same.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    That really depends. Sony could work their magic on Square and convince them to that price (like CoD Ghosts upgrade will be) But since Square is already making you pay full price twice to play on PS3 and PC, I'm betting that PS4 would be the same.
    I saw an interview with Yoshi-P once (can't find it anymore, probably taken down) with the interviewer asking about the upgrade fee that Sony announced Ghosts would have and he said he couldn't officially comment but he said, "The possibility exists." Again its gone now so take it with a grain of salt lol.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Ok kool, im currently playing DCUniverse and since i like it im going on my 2nd year subscription. But thats the only MMO Ive played, im just hoping it will be as enjoyable or better than dcu.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Ok kool, im currently playing DCUniverse and since i like it im going on my 2nd year subscription. But thats the only MMO Ive played, im just hoping it will be as enjoyable or better than dcu.
    Endgame content is nearly double what DCUO has and they already have plans for additional content a couple of months from now. I played DCUO a bit and I find it infinitely more fun. Best MMO I have ever played.

PRO Member

I have just gotten the money to buy this game but there's no option to add to the cart in psn store. Is my store messing up on me or is the game not sold digitally anymore?

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.
    Pixie's Glittering Hollow

Latest Platinum:
    Assassin's Creed III

Currently Playing:
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by PixieOfDarkness View Post
    I have just gotten the money to buy this game but there's no option to add to the cart in psn store. Is my store messing up on me or is the game not sold digitally anymore?
    For the time being, they have turned off ALL (PC included) digital sales of this game because there has been such a turnout for the game. To the point that it's congesting the servers. No word from Square as to when they will be turning it back on either.

PRO Member

For the time being, they have turned off ALL (PC included) digital sales of this game because there has been such a turnout for the game. To the point that it's congesting the servers. No word from Square as to when they will be turning it back on either.
    Well that really sucks, I had put money in my wallet to buy it and now I can't get it back to buy the disc. I hope that's soon though because isn't the first free month almost over?

Latest Platinum:
    Assassin's Creed III

Currently Playing:

DON'T BLINK

Well that really sucks, I had put money in my wallet to buy it and now I can't get it back to buy the disc. I hope that's soon though because isn't the first free month almost over?
    First, I'm hearing it should be turned on next week. Secondly, that first free month is from purchase, you could by the game 3 years from now and still get first month free.

PRO Member

First, I'm hearing it should be turned on next week. Secondly, that first free month is from purchase, you could by the game 3 years from now and still get first month free.
    I had a friend tell me that you can't game share this game is that true? The whole reason I wanted a digital copy is to share with my husband so that we could both play it together.

Latest Platinum:
    Assassin's Creed III

Currently Playing:

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had a friend tell me that you can't game share this game is that true? The whole reason I wanted a digital copy is to share with my husband so that we could both play it together.
    If you have his account linked to your PS3 and his then I'd think you could. But then again, you have to link your PSN Account to your Square-Enix account so probably not. Not fully sure myself. Obviously. Maybe searching around the SE FFXIV forums you'll find an answer.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

You can share the client, but he would have to buy the game again himself to get the code to create a character. The code should be put in on the account you plan to play the game on.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Hey I read not that long ago on the lodestone community board that heaps of new content will be coming soon all of this to be added by update 2.3 There may have been more but that's a lot of new content coming, I for one am looking forward to it all to come available.

PvP and Golden Saucer Can't Wait :gdt:
    1. New mind blowing FATE's are coming
    2. Something to do with Shiva, Ramuh and another but forgot which one
    3. Gilgamesh will make a appearance soon a boss to defeat
    4. 4Pv4P and 8Pvs8P which will be accessible by boat from Lower Limsa Lominsa Docks
    5. 4A - when PvP area becomes available I hope we can attend the events as patrons for entertainment reasons
    6. Chocobo Racers get ready, the Golden Saucer Amusement Park from FFVII is coming, may the BBall Challenge RIP
    7. Three new areas are currently in development to give us more places to explore
    8. Something about houses will soon or now be available to develop your FC's

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Hey I read not that long ago on the lodestone community board that heaps of new content will be coming soon all of this to be added by update 2.3 There may have been more but that's a lot of new content coming, I for one am looking forward to it all to come available.

PvP and Golden Saucer Can't Wait :gdt:
    1. New mind blowing FATE's are coming
    2. Something to do with Shiva, Ramuh and another but forgot which one
    3. Gilgamesh will make a appearance soon a boss to defeat
    4. 4Pv4P and 8Pvs8P which will be accessible by boat from Lower Limsa Lominsa Docks
    5. 4A - when PvP area becomes available I hope we can attend the events as patrons for entertainment reasons
    6. Chocobo Racers get ready, the Golden Saucer Amusement Park from FFVII is coming, may the BBall Challenge RIP
    7. Three new areas are currently in development to give us more places to explore
    8. Something about houses will soon or now be available to develop your FC's
    1) Yes. Hopefully mindblowing lol. Because my mind is being blown by the pure boring-itity(word?) of the current ones. (Basically: I hate FATES)
    2) Shiva Ramuh and Leviathan are all going to be Primals you will be able to challenge. (Easy Hard and Extreme) One of the three is going to be in each patch. (2.1, 2.2, 2.3)
    ----2B) Extreme modes are coming for the current 3 primals.
    3) Yoshi said he might make an appearance, but it was still undecided.
    4) Yes. In patch 2.1
    5) I like the idea, but no mention has been made.
    6) Golden Saucer and all its glory are coming in 2.2
    7) 3 New areas with surrounding areas like North South Central East West. Maybe not all 5, but some different parts.
    8) Housing will be added in 2.1 and your Free Company can have its own house.

9) Crystal Tower and Bahamut Lair (Coil, Labyrinth, etc) are going to be updated and have additional content every other patch. (2.1 = Crystal Tower, 2.2 = Bahamut, 2.3 = Crystal Tower, etc)

Patches will be every ~3 months. November will hold 2.1, February will be 2.2, May will have 2.3, etc.