FFXIV Targetting

This is a discussion on FFXIV Targetting within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; Is there a better way to target enemies during Fate or other event that has a lot of players in ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

FFXIV Targetting

Is there a better way to target enemies during Fate or other event that has a lot of players in it? I am using But often it will target other player not the creature I want to fight. Is there other way? Or PS3 players are doomed to have this kind of issue?
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Ice Cream Firefighter

USB Keyboard + Mouse Combo

You can still use your control to attack and such, but use the mouse to select the enemies.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 7 - Gold

Lol the problem is that if I wanted to user keyboard abs a Morse I would play on PC, so there is no other way I guess

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you can go to the character configuration in settings. There is a tab for targetting, and you can make it so you will only switch between enemies when you use the D-pad.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Targetting tab works only with keyboards

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I use the ps3 controller. I can have 4 different settings, and have custom ones if I want. Right now I am using one that switches between everything, one that switches just between players, one that only selects enemies, and one that selects npcs and objects. You don't need a keyboard for it

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    USB Keyboard + Mouse Combo

You can still use your control to attack and such, but use the mouse to select the enemies.
    I personally use tab targeting vs. actual clicking when I play on PC. I hate having pick my hand grab the mouse and click to target when I can hit tab or alt tab. xD

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Targetting tab works only with keyboards
    False. The PS3 targeting IS tab targeting. Tab targeting is pressing tab to cycle through the enemies rather than clicking.. Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I use the ps3 controller. I can have 4 different settings, and have custom ones if I want. Right now I am using one that switches between everything, one that switches just between players, one that only selects enemies, and one that selects npcs and objects. You don't need a keyboard for it
    As to your question basically this. To elaborate, you can go into control settings (the star looking thing on your chat) and R1 over to the "Filters" tab and go through your filters. I currently have my sheathed target filters set to all but "Minions" and my unsheathed (in combat) to "All Enemies" and "Aggroing Enemies." Since I use the party list for my healing. (up and down) For fates, I would recommend using what I use and use custom filters. L1 + and set it to "non-party PCs" (player characters) So you can use that to cycle through the other players when/if you need to.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

Aside from all of that, if you are holding down R2, you can cycle through targets by pressing L1 and R1.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 7 - Gold

I know how to cycle between targets, they annoying shit is that I have to cycle through npcs and other players, sometimes during fate there's so many people that things die so fast that I can't even target an enemy. Ah whatever just need a keyboard and a mouse cause tab Targetting is far from perfect.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

So you didn't read my post? I told you how to make it so during combat you only target enemies.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw