Final Fantasy XIV May Come to Xbox 360, Vita, Mobile

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIV May Come to Xbox 360, Vita, Mobile within the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum, part of the F; Source: Final Fantasy XIV May Come to Xbox 360, Vita, Mobile - PlayStation 3 News at IGN Square said last ...

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Final Fantasy XIV May Come to Xbox 360, Vita, Mobile

Source: Final Fantasy XIV May Come to Xbox 360, Vita, Mobile - PlayStation 3 News at IGN

Square said last month that Final Fantasy XIV "greatly damaged" the Final Fantasy brand, but they've recently been working on version 2.0 in order to breathe new life into the property. The game's producer & director, Naoki Yoshida, recently announced a closed beta for PlayStation 3, and has now spoken in a new interview about expanding the game to additional platforms.

According to Yoshida, the PlayStation 3 version is currently a priority, but an Xbox 360 release isn't out of the question for the future.

"The one thing to regain that damaged player trust is to keep those promises, and one of the promises was to release a PlayStation 3 version," he said. "We made that promise long, long ago, and we still haven't kept it. We made that promise not only to the players, but to Sony as well. The first thing that we need to do, to regain that trust, is to fulfill those promises of bringing the PS3 version. Our priority right now is getting that version finished."

"Of course, because the game is developed on the PC, moving it to the Xbox 360 platform wouldn't be that difficult, but as we said before, the thing we have to get done first is getting that PS3 version done. Once that's done, we can take the next step from there. We are continuing our talks with Microsoft, but then you think, maybe next year Microsoft might be announcing their next hardware, and so our decision is do we wait for that next hardware? So we're going to wait and see what's happening after we delivered what we've promised."

Yoshida also discussed the possibility of the game receiving an app for other platforms, such as PlayStation Vita and smartphones, that would allow players to check in-game stats.

"Currently this is all post-2.0, but because we're doing a reconstruction of our server system, in those plans, we're going to make sure that the servers can be accessed by outside devices such as smart phones," he said. "Not just the Vita, but also smart phones, so that kind of access will be allowed. What that will open the door to is things like applications that people can used to check their inventory, or check the market and purchase things from the auctions. Those are the things we are laying for in our server foundation, so we can be ready to implement those after 2.0."
    Not really too much news here, considering that when they hired the entire new crew for Final Fantasy XIV they made sure that for their qualifications that they had familiarity with the X-Box 360 hardware. But alas, this is what I call more disappointing news from a group of people trying to make an MMO with their sites on tomorrow, instead of trying to fix the problems of today.

Take into account that a game like Final Fantasy XI, was completely dropped from PS3 support upon it's release (unless you got a backwards compatibles model of a certain hard drive size), sounds as if they are already deciding that they will do after they "fulfill their promise to Sony" for a game on the PlayStation 3, then move on to the next Microsoft console (which appears to be coming 2014) and give them the superior version.

Final Fantasy XIV, as it stands today is the biggest mistake Square Enix ever made, and with their continue inability to understand how to fix the problem, and create a game that brings in casual gamers, Final Fantasy fans, and MMO lovers, instead of just one of the three (MMO lovers), this project will continue to fail. And they really need to release more info about how they are actually going to INCLUDE an Auction House system before they start talking about making Smartphone/Vita applications for them.

Guess it's another fuck you to PlayStation 3 owners, by Square Enix and their flunkies, in delivering just enough of their "promise" to their fans. For now, we just sit and wait for a game the game that is 19+ months late, and damn near unplayable even after over a year of attempted "fixes."

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

from what i saw of FFXIV i wasnt too interested in it
    square enix needs to get this right if they ever want some success outta this
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

The only sane person here

Square Enix selling out to a another console eh? at least they're games are crappy now

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Square Enix selling out to a another console eh? at least they're games are crappy now
    They aren't selling out. They are giving PS3 the exclusive of the two consoles. They could port it over to Xbox but they probably won't at least with this game. Their games are not crappy. Just because you don't care for them, doesn't mean they are crappy. They make great games that I personally thoroughly enjoy.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

By now I doubt gamers r interest in that game most r awaiting 4 FFXIII 3

Angel of Death

A Vita version would definitely be intersting, but at thr moment, I'd rather have a PS3 version. Good thing I never pre-ordered.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    By now I doubt gamers r interest in that game most r awaiting 4 FFXIII 3
    I am interested in it. To be honest I probably will only get FFXIII-3 if it has an easy platinum like FFXIII-2.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Organization XIll View Post
    I am interested in it. To be honest I probably will only get FFXIII-3 if it has an easy platinum like FFXIII-2.
    wow some Square fan you are... you claim to be a huge fan but won't get the new game if you can't plat it??? yup... total fan