Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1355

The video game music quiz

This is a discussion on The video game music quiz within the Forum Games forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I gave some hints so may be a rise in interest....

Its plugged into the wall

I gave some hints so may be a rise in interest.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Elite: Age of Conan

Created by Prosthetic

From here on out Blank friend requests will not be acknowledged

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Alchemist View Post
    Elite: Age of Conan
    Eh... no. The hint shouldn't be taken that literally.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

I guess the lack of answers had to be resolved by more hints... so there you go.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

No response in over a week now... I think this thread is dead.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Perfecting since 1996

I think it is because nobody knows the answers lol.

Sig by Bladia

30STM 23/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    No response in over a week now... I think this thread is dead.
    I think your games/hints are too obscure for everyone

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Perfecting since 1996

Just start a new game. This is personally my favorite thread

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah, it's not that the thread is dead; Gyrocop made a really hard quiz, lol. I'd be willing to make a new one if it brings this thread back to life.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Goons everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    I think your games/hints are too obscure for everyone
    This I agree or at least if your gonna make a hard quiz then make the hints not too obscure. If I make a hard quiz then I make sure that the hints will get them answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Just start a new game. This is personally my favorite thread
    Soon a new game will start if this one does not finish up in a few days. Thanks glad your partake in it
    Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    Yeah, it's not that the thread is dead; Gyrocop made a really hard quiz, lol. I'd be willing to make a new one if it brings this thread back to life.
    You can have the next quiz , I'll let you know when it's time to put it up

Since I did start this thread, I'm going to have to set some more rules in. Quizzes from now on will be only 2 weeks max and if a quiz is not finish within 2 weeks, then it is foreit and the next one comes on. Also for those who make quizzes, you can make them how you want to but if you make them too hard without giving hints that will help answer them then this is the problem that will happen.

I really do like hard quizzes, but this one has been stalled for long enough. Other more precise hints are up, and I personally think, that these makes the quiz... around 8 or 9 times easier.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Goons everywhere

This quiz will end on Friday which was more than couple of days I said this one would of ended. After that a new quiz will be up but it's yet to be determined who will make the next quiz. Maybe I'll make one if no one has a quiz ready.

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    This quiz will end on Friday which was more than couple of days I said this one would of ended. After that a new quiz will be up but it's yet to be determined who will make the next quiz. Maybe I'll make one if no one has a quiz ready.
    Ayup... Quiz time is up, and the correct answers has been provided. It's a shame nobody got more points, but I kinda feel good about making a quiz so hard that the forum gave up...

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 5 - Silver

If it's alright, I have a quiz ready to go. It's a little shorter than the last few (and possibly too easy).
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Goons everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    If it's alright, I have a quiz ready to go. It's a little shorter than the last few (and possibly too easy).
    Go right ahead, I'm still in the process of making one.

.. Solar Fields ..

Ayup... Quiz time is up, and the correct answers has been provided. It's a shame nobody got more points, but I kinda feel good about making a quiz so hard that the forum gave up...
    To be honest, anyone can make a videogame quiz that is incredibly difficult. I find that it is harder to get a good balance of a challenging quiz but at the same time being reasonably enjoyable. Call me lazy if you want but i gave up on your latest quiz after several attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    To be honest, anyone can make a videogame quiz that is incredibly difficult. I find that it is harder to get a good balance of a challenging quiz but at the same time being reasonably enjoyable. Call me lazy if you want but i gave up on your latest quiz after several attempts.
    Several? You tried twice. And to be completely honest here.. A lot of the unguessed answers was either a pretty popular franchise or easily googlable hints (at least at the end). I must admit it, it shocked me that no one guessed Street Fighter or Parappa the Rapper. I feel like I actually had a less obscure quiz then other times. The difference here being, that no one guessed. In the other quizzes I had, even when people had no clue, they still tried to guess the right answer. I just tried to make a challenging quiz with a variety of genres, but that's apparently not what the forum wants. It gets harder and harder to make a quiz that does not contain games that's already have been in a quiz, as well as not making it 60% RPG's, and then not making it a bit challenging. Remember it's hard for me to see if people don't answer because of lack of interest in the thread or they are struggling.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

.. Solar Fields ..

Several? You tried twice. And to be completely honest here.. A lot of the unguessed answers was either a pretty popular franchise or easily googlable hints (at least at the end). I must admit it, it shocked me that no one guessed Street Fighter or Parappa the Rapper. I feel like I actually had a less obscure quiz then other times. The difference here being, that no one guessed. In the other quizzes I had, even when people had no clue, they still tried to guess the right answer. I just tried to make a challenging quiz with a variety of genres, but that's apparently not what the forum wants. It gets harder and harder to make a quiz that does not contain games that's already have been in a quiz, as well as not making it 60% RPG's, and then not making it a bit challenging. Remember it's hard for me to see if people don't answer because of lack of interest in the thread or they are struggling.
    I haven't really been intrested in making another quiz lately because this thread isn't as popular as it used to be and needs to be bumped up now and then just to get it noticed. Oh by the way, i didn't try twice. I tried a lot more than that but i just didn't want to keep putting poor guesses on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I haven't really been intrested in making another quiz lately because this thread isn't as popular as it used to be and needs to be bumped up now and then just to get it noticed. Oh by the way, i didn't try twice. I tried a lot more than that but i just didn't want to keep putting poor guesses on the thread.
    I would rather have poor guesses than no guesses at all... .

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Goons everywhere

Well that Street Fighter 2010 game for one was not exactly a poplular game or a good one. If any attention came to it, it came from the angry video game nerd

No it's not harder to find tracks to put in quizzes, there is plenty of tracks from popular games past and present to use. I still find plenty of tracks to use and it's from games I've played so maybe it's a little easier for someone like myself and Timeless to find tracks as we been gaming since the 80's and we're both almost double your age but still there is plenty of PS2 and even PS3 tracks to use. I know you've put some NES tracks in your quizzes but were they from games you played and remember hearing them or just looking at youtube just to find something just to make your quiz have variety? Also do what you want with the bonus tracks but IMO having 1 or 2 bonus is enough plus a super bonus that pretty much no one is going to get is a little overkill even with your hints. Well people have spoken and they said that your quiz was too hard and even your last hints were better than the 1st set of hints you gave, it was not 8 or 9 times easier as you clamied it to be.
    Last edited by omnislash; 10-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast