Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuse sales bombed hard

This is a discussion on Fuse sales bombed hard within the FUSE forum, part of the F; UK chart: Fuse fizzles into 37th place • News • Eurogamer.net Insomniac's new multiplatform shooter Fuse has failed to ignite ...

INTJ

Fuse sales bombed hard

UK chart: Fuse fizzles into 37th place • News • Eurogamer.net

Insomniac's new multiplatform shooter Fuse has failed to ignite the charts during its opening week - it arrived in a disappointing 37th place.

Last Friday's only other new title was Codemasters' racer GRID 2, which got off to a much better start. It won pole position in this week's top 40, despite 29 per cent less launch week sales than its predecessor.

The evergreen FIFA 13 was second this week, ahead of the mouldy Dead Island: Riptide in third and fab Far Cry 3 in fourth.

Resident Evil: Revelations, last week's number one, fell to fifth. Assassin's Creed 3 was sixth, Metro: Last Light seventh and Donkey Kong Country Returns eighth. Lego Batman 2 and Tomb Raider rounded out the rest of the top 10.

The full top 40 will shortly be available over on UK numbers company Chart-Track's website.

The EA Effect again at its finest!

and for a better picture of how hard it bombed, you apparently only needed 5000 sales to reach top 10.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So whats that like 500 copies?

Threat

It's there own fault.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

KCCO!

I really hadn't heard much about Fuse, to be honest, so I can't say I'm surprised. Then again, perhaps I'm living under a rock. Where'd you get the 'need 5000 sales to break top 10' stat from?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    So whats that like 500 copies?
    200 at most

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I really hadn't heard much about Fust, to be honest, so I can't say I'm surprised. Then again, perhaps I'm living under a rock. Where'd you get the 'need 5000 sales to break top 10' stat from?
    editor from eurogamer

https://twitter.com/m_spitz/status/341469069461057536

funny thing about this, this will drop Insomiac's Worth by alot, Possibly cheap enough to be bought by EA and turned into a milking ip station.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I really hadn't heard much about Fust, to be honest, so I can't say I'm surprised. Then again, perhaps I'm living under a rock. Where'd you get the 'need 5000 sales to break top 10' stat from?
    So little, you don't even know what it's called

I've been one of the few to stand up for EA in the past. I feel that people get to emotional when talking about anything in the vicinity of the publishing giant. What they've done to Insomniac, however, has tipped me over the edge.
    It takes a truly shite publisher to take one of Sony's most successful second-party devs and make them squeeze out something as poorly designed, and poorly marketed as FUSE. Insomniac had a winner with Overstrike, a quirky-looking squad-based shooter, oozing with charm and humour that didn't take itself too seriously, but it was quashed in favour of a generic shooter with boring gameplay, an incomprehensible story, and bland characters. And what the hell was with that box-art?

Fingers crossed that they'll run back home to papa Shuhei.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Fuck me!

Fuse! I meant Fuse!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've been one of the few to stand up for EA in the past. I feel that people get to emotional when talking about anything in the vicinity of the publishing giant. What they've done to Insomniac, however, has tipped me over the edge.
    It takes a truly shite publisher to take one of Sony's most successful second-party devs and make them squeeze out something as poorly designed, and poorly marketed as FUSE. Insomniac had a winner with Overstrike, a quirky-looking squad-based shooter, oozing with charm and humour that didn't take itself too seriously, but it was quashed in favour of a generic shooter with boring gameplay, an incomprehensible story, and bland characters. And what the hell was with that box-art?

Fingers crossed that they'll run back home to papa Shuhei.
    I didnt see much about this before it got re branded but it sounds like a less violent bullet storm kind of game? (in third person)

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I didnt see much about this before it got re branded but it sounds like a less violent bullet storm kind of game? (in third person)

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Fuse is out?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 9 - Gold

So yeah kind of like bullet storm but less crude humour in it lol, that looked more like something I would be more likely to buy than what I saw of some peoples play through previews of Fuse so far.
    Did EA panic and ask them to make changes to mainstream it or something? looks like it would of been a much much better game the way it was headed.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Insomniac should have stuck with the name "Overstrike". They're own fault.

Buy my book, Alteration

I had a feeling this game would bomb. They made all these significant changes from the initial Overstrike reveal that it's depressing such a great developer would release something like it.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

really? this, is what shouldve happened.
    ive seen my friend playing through Fuse.
    couldnt believe something likethat came out of insomniac, i mean im not a fan of EA, but seriously, after this. just wow. that game is hilariously magnificent, i want to throw all my money at this so they can still go make it, this wouldve been the better choice

Platinum
    - Resistance 3 - Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Borderlands - Borderlands 2 - Resident Evil 5 - Sly Cooper And The Thievius Raccoonus - Sly 2: Band Of Thieves - Fallout 3 - Fallout: New Vegas - Terminator Salvation - Burnout Paradise - Sleeping Dogs - Dante's Inferno - Saints Row: The Third - Bioshock 2 -

:100%:
    - Back To The Future Ep2-3 - Costume Quest - Interpol: The Trail Of Dr.Chaos - My Aquarium -

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Apparently it hasn't been available in some stores. With the limited availability plus the general hatred of the change from the original, it isn't that surprising that it's not selling well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Goes to show you simply CANNOT change mid-development without some serious set backs. Developing with that sort of massive change is tough, I've done it before and it's really painful. Feel very sorry for Insomniac.

Stacking - Machinarium - Hell Yeah - Cuboid - Critter Crunch - Thomas Was Alone - Contrast

-i- love myself.

They have only sold around 200 copies?

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    Fuse is out?
    I read this thread and thought what is Fuse ??? no wonder it bombed . Is it a good game or is it right where it belongs ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Lack of advertising had this DOA. I personally hated the changes, and think that the game lost all of it's steam from the initial announcement when they changed the style. I know EA is going to get the majority of the blame, but it's not like Insomniac had a bad deal going with Sony, and didn't break a mutually advantageous partnership in the process.

I don't think this game is as bad as it's sales indicate, but it also isn't something that is particularly appealing to anybody out there either. Oh well, live and learn and next time realize that Insomniac, that you do things best when you try being original.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I am one of the piddly number of sales and whilst it's mindless fun for the most part, you can tell something has been removed.
    The best part is the weaponry which has all the originality left in the formula, it does remind me of Bulletstorm just a very watered down version.

It's the Escape From L.A. to Bulletstorm's Escape From New York.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast