Final Fantasy sale on PSN

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy sale on PSN within the Game Deals forum, part of the General PS3 Discussion; Twenty-five years ago, our company launched a game called Final Fantasy. It was the result of a lot of hard ...

PRO Member

Final Fantasy sale on PSN

Twenty-five years ago, our company launched a game called Final Fantasy. It was the result of a lot of hard work and dedication. It was also the start of a franchise that would go on to capture the hearts of millions of players around the world.

As we celebrate Final Fantasy’s 25th anniversary, we look back on a series that contains 14 installments, numerous spin-off games, and all sorts of merchandise. We are always impressed by the love our fans show for this franchise.

To celebrate this amazing milestone in the history of Final Fantasy, we’re putting a number of Final Fantasy titles on sale on PlayStation Network, starting when PSN updates tomorrow. For two weeks, the following titles will be on sale in PlayStation Store for 50% off.

DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
    DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
    DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
    FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
    Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
    Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
    FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
    Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
    Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
    Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
    Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)
    We hope you enjoy these classic titles — the memories they evoke, and the new memories they will create.
    Source: 50% off Select Final Fantasy Games for the Series’ 25-Year Anniversary – PlayStation Blog
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seriously tempted by Final Fantasy IX, would consider Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI if they were the Advance versions, but they're not, right? Just the Anthology versions?

Noob Member

Finally, gonna get FFIX and FFVIII(maybe).

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Seriously tempted by Final Fantasy IX, would consider Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI if they were the Advance versions, but they're not, right? Just the Anthology versions?
    I'm not sure. Will have to see about that tomorrow once the store updates
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

i still get so confused over which number is what because of the changes US made with the Japanese releases...

which one is the really popular one that was released on Super Nintendo? 4 or 6?

♚ Overlord ♔

Getting all my favorite final fantasy games in one go for 50% off? Steal!

PRO Member

Definitly getting FFIX maybe VI already have VII but may as well get VIII too even though its not one of my favs because of the ending lol.

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    i still get so confused over which number is what because of the changes US made with the Japanese releases...

which one is the really popular one that was released on Super Nintendo? 4 or 6?
    Both 4 and 6 were on the SNES. In the US they were known as 2 and 3. You are probably on about 6 though, as thats one of the most popular games in the franchise

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Both 4 and 6 were on the SNES. In the US they were known as 2 and 3. You are probably on about 6 though, as thats one of the most popular games in the franchise
    ah ok, thanks for the input. i never got a chance to play either. i was somewhat interested in the FF IV PSP collection thinking it was the popular SNES one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Final Fantasy VI is probably the most popular of the classics and was originally released as U.S. Final Fantasy III. For all further releases, though, it's been VI. Final Fantasy IV was originally released as U.S. Final Fantasy II.

Plats-O'-War!!

seeing that I've never played any of the PSOne FF's, I guess I'll try to download FFVII, VIII, and IX to see what all the hype's about. Never played them because I love The Legend of Dragoon

Kiwi Defender

Shame I already own the ones I care about and would rather get Tactics and IX as retail.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow, I think you're really in for a treat, kidson. I think everyone has their favorite from those three for different reasons-- for me Final Fantasy IX has my favorite story, the most engaging gameplay and the best mini-games. But Final Fantasy VIII is special to me to for a number of reasons, and Final Fantasy VII is generally the most well-regarded and definitely a great game in its own right. Just one thing-- don't read anything about Final Fantasy VII online if you haven't already-- there's a fairly major spoiler regarding the game that tends to get tossed about fairly freely.

Angel of Death

Might buy them all...

#hashtag

Want and no cash ;_______;

An old-fashioned cowboy

I already bought all the PSOnes I enjoyed and I don't have a PSP/Vita so there's no point in getting those right now.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon3110 View Post
    Want and no cash ;_______;
    Haha, same for me. I just spend my cash I had left on costumes for Tales of Graces. Could've bought 1 or 2 FF games for that money.

This will be my chance to finally play FF VI though. Guess I have to buy a new PSN card soon.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 4 - Silver

Got Final Fantasy IX as I planned-- totally as good as I remember, definitely my favorite Final Fantasy.