New Tomb Raider, $30 on PSN this weekend

This is a discussion on New Tomb Raider, $30 on PSN this weekend within the Game Deals forum, part of the General PS3 Discussion; If you live in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile or Argentina, I have good news for you: from ...

Trophy Guide Grand Master

New Tomb Raider, $30 on PSN this weekend

If you live in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile or Argentina, I have good news for you: from right now until Monday, April 29th at noon (Pacific, presumably), Crystal Dynamic’s Tomb Raider will be 50% off as part of a PlayStation Network Flash Sale. Naturally, this is for the digital version only.

Tomb Raider typically costs $59.99, but only costs $29.99 right now. So if you’ve been thinking about getting the game, now might just be the time to strike.
    Source: FYI: Tomb Raider Reboot 50% off on PSN - IGN

-i- love myself.

Holy shit that's cheap!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Not only is it cheap (I just found this sale on my own, haha), but it's for the digital bundle, which includes the Agent 47 weapon pack, the Shantytown MP pack, the outfit pack and Quantum Conundrum. As much as I hate that there's MP in this, I think I'm going to have to get this. That price is just too good to pass up.

Direct link to deal on the webstore.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Good thing I checked to make sure this has been posted. Thanks Davey.

Buy my book, Alteration

After buying the collector's edition for $100, seeing all these sales makes me feel a bit angry... But it's a fantastic deal for those who are on the fence about the game.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Platboy Online Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    After buying the collector's edition for $100, seeing all these sales makes me feel a bit angry... But it's a fantastic deal for those who are on the fence about the game.
    Well that happens when something is a flavor of the month game, especially when the company thinks the MP will call in a ton of players like in CoD. Silly Square-Eidos.

PRO Member

Been looking for a good deal for this game for a while now and i think i am finaly going to buy it. Only i dont like the mp trophies and im not going to grind for them! This is just going to be a pure gaming experience

Thanks for sharing Davey!

Bob 'n' Becca

Just now seeing this for myself and figured I'd see if it was posted. I'm so late apparently. Lol. I'm considering investing in this.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Kiwi Defender

I'm amazed by this deal. Did it flop or what? What made them be this insane ?

Anyway, I'll try to seize the opportunity. Carpe diem, gents!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Breakfast and Chill

If I hadn't just spent all (nearly) of my gaming fund for the next few months, this would be mine

Lvl 9 - Gold

I got it for 40 AUD about a month ago was 50% off here too turns out it was EU only that time. I kinda wish I had got the steel-book edition of it though as it was like 45 in some shops recently

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sunk my teeth into this today, amazing deal. And for a bundle aswell! Get it while you can if you've been thinking about it people!

Bob 'n' Becca

I hear there are online trophies. How difficult are those buggers?

Platboy Online Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'm amazed by this deal. Did it flop or what? What made them be this insane ?

Anyway, I'll try to seize the opportunity. Carpe diem, gents!
    It sold two million in 48 hours, which is every territory besides Japan, releasing on March 5th. And for whatever reason, they decided to say that within a week 2 milllion players were online, across no specific platform..... So sales it did alright Nag, but Online, for an established franchise, that sounded pretty shitty to me. Just like them announcing that within a week 300,000 tombs were raided. But the tombs take 5-10 minutes each, like the Gamestop pre-order one I did post-game. So I don't understand all of the shit they say, but the sales are okay I suppose.

Just look at it like an amazon sale. Last summer, the day of release, Lollipop Chainsaw was $45, so I bought it. Amazon does early sales often with new releases, so maybe for once, Sony just wants to keep store download sales above physical copies, for a week or two. Considering 90% of the time, the store prices never match the price at other retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I hear there are online trophies. How difficult are those buggers?
    With the patch, you have to Prestige once for a character, and online play itself just is about your skill level, playing against any people who haven't logged off since March 5th, and have Lara, prestiged 5, 6 times etc.

So you might want to join the boosting thread. I would join, if I cared about the MP, which I don't.

Drunken Nights

Picked it up for 20$ since I got 10$ for the (Spend 50$, get back 10$ deal). Hope I enjoy it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hold the phone. Now put it back on the hook. Then dial my number and tell me that there is a way for me to view the "PSN Store" without being on my PS3.

That is an amazing deal. I want both Quantum Conundrum too, but I would prefer a physical copy of Tomb Raider to share with my friend. It's not always about resale opportunity with physical media. :/
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Bob 'n' Becca

I don't know if you can access the ps3 PSN store without being on the system. The vita only gives me access to psp and vita games. I want this. I really do. I have until noon today? I have a friend willing to get it for me, I just need to get to GameStop for PSN cards. But at the same time I don't know when I'll even think about playing it.

Breakfast and Chill

You should be able to purchase it through the PC Store