Dc online universe for 5 cents

This is a discussion on Dc online universe for 5 cents within the Game Deals forum, part of the General PS3 Discussion; Just thought I would add this nice find. Whiteoaks Mall Walmart London Ontario Canada FOR 5 CEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Dc online universe for 5 cents

Just thought I would add this nice find.

Whiteoaks Mall
    Walmart London Ontario Canada
    FOR 5 CEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be kidding me.

I do not know if the other Walmarts are doing it.

On a Paradise

OMFG o.o
    If that's true I'll get it now ._.
    But I saw Fairy Tale Fights for 5€ in a supermarket here called Alcampo o.o

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

probably wont last long
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    probably wont last long
    Once they sell out the copies Walmart will probably put them back to 30-40 bucks when they get the next shipment in. But, get them while they have'em.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Umm, sometime this month DC Universe is going Free to play and the game will be free. Atleast thats what I've read everywhere. Walmart is probably just trying to get what they can for them. And so will all the other companies when it happens.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Umm, sometime this month DC Universe is going Free to play and the game will be free. Atleast thats what I've read everywhere. Walmart is probably just trying to get what they can for them. And so will all the other companies when it happens.
    Is the game even worth playing even if it's free?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Where did you hear that the games going to be free? I only heard about the free to play online. Besides if Sony does give it for free you will still need to download it and if you have a small download limit or a slow download speed would be a pain where as the disc game is only 5 cents.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Where did you hear that the games going to be free? I only heard about the free to play online. Besides if Sony does give it for free you will still need to download it and if you have a small download limit or a slow download speed would be a pain where as the disc game is only 5 cents.
    Look here DC Universe Online - Free to Play

And here:
    SAN DIEGO – September 19, 2011 – Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced a new free-to-play business model for its popular massively multiplayer online (MMO) game DC Universe Online (DCUO) — where players have the freedom to become legendary fighting alongside DC Comics icons like Superman, Batman and The Jokerin an ever-evolving online action adventure that has already logged more than 42 million hours of super-powered gameplay action by players since its launch earlier this year.
    Beginning late October, players will be able to download and access DCUO for free on both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. As part of this transition, SOE is introducing three new access levels to the game: Free, Premium and Legendary. All three levels will provide access to open world gameplay and missions, general game updates and fixes to the game, with each level offering different game options and benefits.
    "When we launched DC Universe Online, we introduced a very different brand of massive online game driven by fast action combat to PC and PS3™gamers and with that, we discovered a new type of online gamer," said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. "We've listened to our community, and we've determined that the free-to-play model is the best fit for DC Universe Online."
    Smedley added, "Our philosophy embraces learning from our experience and as a pioneer in the free-to-play space with proven successful games like Free Realms and Clone Wars Adventures, we believe this new model will expand the DCUO experience and offer more options that cater to every type of player so they can play the game in a way that fits them."
    All three levels provide access to the current game, but allow differing tiers of convenience and flexibility. The levels are:
    Free: New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.
    Premium: Any player who has spent at least $5 USD (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.
    Legendary: Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 USD monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.
    More information on the DCUO free-to-play access levels can be found here: DC Universe Online - Free to Play .
    DC Universe Online combines immersive environments and fascinating story arcs with fast-paced, physics-based combat, allowing players to pick up buses and other objects in the environment, fly into the air and throw them at enemies; run up the sides of buildings to engage in melee brawls while shooting flames of fire from their hands; or cling to the side of buildings while using a grappling hook to pull flying opponents out of the sky – all while fighting alongside or against the legendary characters of DC Comics and charting their own path to legendary.
    DC Universe Online is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment. For more information about DC Universe Online, visit DC Universe Online - Home.
    Source: DC Universe Online - News Archive

Plats-O'-War!!

Also, you won't be able to earn any trophies for it because your playing for free.

DC Universe Online for PS3 Is Going Free-To-Play – PlayStation Blog

And read comment #29

Lvl 9 - Gold

Heard it a long time ago on multiple threads and news sources. Just like the one Kid responded with.

Yes you will need to dl it, but it's generally not a slow dl unless everyone is updating at the same time. Otherwise, upgrade your internet if you want it to dl faster. I do a gigabyte in less than 10minutes... So I can wait the 1-2 hours to dl and update the whole game. But I don't think any other stores will just be giving the game away like Walmart is. The only difference between the free to play and what Walmart is doing. Is you get 1 free month with the retail version, so your actually saving yourself $14.94.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Is the game even worth playing even if it's free?
    Definitely. The beta was awesome. And to earn the plat depends on how much time you spend... Should only take the average gamer 1-2 months. So $15-$30 max.

Lvl 9 - Gold

trying to make money over a beta smh when most demo and beta are free

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    ?? This game was out of beta awhile back.

Also, just tried doing searches at sites for dc universe. They don't sell the game online anymore. Means it's probably out of production now and why walmart and others are having sales.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    This isn't a beta, it's the full game . Not to mention it includes a free month, meaning you are saving $14.94 by buying this there than downloading it in the store.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

in a kup

First off, Walmart.com has nothing for 5 cents let alone DC Universe.
    Secondly, a link would be great as it says in the sticky thread from Submerge.
    Thirdly, about the Free-to-play for DC Universe, it is clearly written out that the Free-to-play does not have trophy support and you will have to pay for the subscription in order for you to obtain the trophies.

With that, if you have no link for this deal, close the thread.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by paperkut View Post
    First off, Walmart.com has nothing for 5 cents let alone DC Universe.
    Secondly, a link would be great as it says in the sticky thread from Submerge.
    Thirdly, about the Free-to-play for DC Universe, it is clearly written out that the Free-to-play does not have trophy support and you will have to pay for the subscription in order for you to obtain the trophies.

With that, if you have no link for this deal, close the thread.
    Ty for reading my post, and the OP's post....

Also, just tried doing searches at sites for dc universe. They don't sell the game online anymore. Means it's probably out of production now and why walmart and others are having sales.
    I tried Walmart and Gamestop.com, both did not have the game even listed anymore. And with it being free next week. It's safe to say they stopped production and companies are doing what they can to get rid of the retail version of the game....

Just thought I would add this nice find.

Whiteoaks Mall
    Walmart London Ontario Canada

FOR 5 CEEEEEEEEEEEEENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be kidding me.

I do not know if the other Walmarts are doing it.
    In bold... That's a physical store. I do somewhat agree it should be closed soon. But it's a good heads up for people that may want to look for a deal like this in their home towns. So for atleast this next week or 2 it should remain open.