Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal Mart - Black Friday Sales (Arkham City & Battlefield 3 $28, Some Other Nice Ones)

This is a discussion on Wal Mart - Black Friday Sales (Arkham City & Battlefield 3 $28, Some Other Nice Ones) within the Game Deals forum, part of the General PS3 Discussion; I love me some Black Friday. Source - Walmart Black Friday Ad and Walmart.com Black Friday Deals for 2011 (There ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wal Mart - Black Friday Sales (Arkham City & Battlefield 3 $28, Some Other Nice Ones)

I love me some Black Friday.

Source - Walmart Black Friday Ad and Walmart.com Black Friday Deals for 2011 (There is even a scan of the actual upcoming WM BF ad.)

Video Games Playstation 3

Batman Arkham City (PS3) - $28.00

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $28.00

Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Ps3) - $15.00

Call Of Duty Black Ops Limited Edition w/Bonus Content (PS3) - $28.00

Dangerous Hunts 2011 (PS3) - $15.00

Fifa Soccer 12 (PS3) - $28.00

God Of War (PS3) - $15.00

Heavy Rain (PS3) - $15.00

Infamous 2 (PS3) - $28.00

Kany And Lynch 2 (PS3) - $10.00

Little Big Planet (PS3) - $15.00

Madden NFL 12 (PS3) - $28.00

Nascar 2011 (PS3) - $28.00

PlayStation 3 160GB Console w/Bonus - $199.96

PlayStation 3 Translucent Blue Controller - $54.96

Pure (PS3) - $10.00

Select PS3 Games - $28.00

Select PS3 Games - $15.00

Select PS3 Games - $10.00

Shrek Forever After (PS3) - $10.00

Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $15.00

Transformers Dark Of The Moon (PS3) - $28.00

Uncharted 2 Among Theives (PS3) - $15.00

Yakusa 4 (PS3) - $10.00

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

guess i know one place im going on black friday

дурак

*Works at Walmart*

._. I work that night. This is gonna be brutal. But hey, at least I get paid the day before . I'll have to see more though, nothing looks all too interesting.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Arkham City $28!! That's crazy low for such a new game.

Regional Manager of War

ohhhh Battlefield for $28 dollars and Yakuza 4 for only 10....wow

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    *Works at Walmart*

._. I work that night. This is gonna be brutal. But hey, at least I get paid the day before . I'll have to see more though, nothing looks all too interesting.
    Hey, same here.

The PS3 bundle with the controller looks sweet for the price.

Prayer Warrior

i'll be picking up a couple of these for sure. this will be mine and my wife's 3rd year in a row going black friday shopping

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Good luck to all that try. If you aren't familiar with Black Friday, they have only a couple of the items available or in special colored packaging. If you really want these, you have to know when these items will be put out onto the floor. Lastly, some people get there at like 10pm the night before to get a good spot in the front of the line (it is a special register that will only be open for the black Friday sales). So your chances to get these items, I say 1 in 1000. Good luck to you all, sadly I don't get to enjoy Black Friday this year, I am in Europe
    Last edited by BlurredImages; 11-10-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'll be going to my Walmart at 10PM to pick up Arkham City. From my experience, the actual game deals really don't sell out, especially not when there are hardware bundles.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredImages View Post
    Good luck to all that try. If you aren't familiar with Black Friday, they have only a couple of the items available or in special colored packaging. If you really want these, you have to know when these items will be put out onto the floor. Lastly, some people get there at like 10pm the night before to get a good spot in the front of the line (it is a special register that will only be open for the black Friday sales). So your chances to get these items, I say 1 in 1000. Good luck to you all, sadly I don't get to enjoy Black Friday this year, I am in Europe
    i'm very familiar with how it works....as i said this will be mine and my wife's 3rd year in a row and we have gotten what we wanted the first two years and i don't see this year being any different. time to break out the laptop and sit in line watching movies to pass the time away. it's going to be a long night lol like you said we'll probably get there about 10pm and just wait. might get separated this year cause we want stuff totally different from each other so yeah we'll be in separate lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JonJonXD View Post
    I'll be going to my Walmart at 10PM to pick up Arkham City. From my experience, the actual game deals really don't sell out, especially not when there are hardware bundles.
    your wal mart must be dead compared to mine cause if you don't get there when they first let you into the stuff....then you don't get anything but crap left over. and that's if your lucky enough to get left over crap lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

The Girl Gamer

I'm mostly interested in Heavy Rain and maybe LittleBigPlanet, but it haves to the Game of The Year version. I'll be getting those 2 if I can, but last year I couldn't get not even a single game from Walmart cause everything was gone so fast. I wonder what Kmart, Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop have for Black Friday.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

These are some great deals. I'll have to pick up a few games. Lucky me my town is small and last year I went at 10am on black Friday and still got a few good games and a flat screen tv. I was able to get everything I wanted lol hopefully I have the same luck this year

IF YOU NEED TROPHY HELP JUST ASK ME. DO NOT SEND A BLANK FRIEND REQUEST

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll stick with Amazon deals. Cheaper, no hassle of waiting in lines all day or days before, lasts almost 2 weeks, and I always get what I want .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Might get Batman AC or Infamous 2 from Walmart, after all I have some Walmart gift cards.

Platinum Dohvakiin

The only thing on that list I would want. Would be Yakuza 4. But even at $10. It's not worth the hassle of having to deal with Black Friday Drama. Especially at Wal Mart of all places. I hate going to that store on a regular day. But on Black Friday, you would have to be crazy.

But the thing is. If you have the cash. Buy it the day before, and take it back on Black Friday and get a price adjustment. The thing with Wal Mart. If you buy anything and within a week if it goes on sale. You can take the receipt back in. And they will refund the difference.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    But the thing is. If you have the cash. Buy it the day before, and take it back on Black Friday and get a price adjustment. The thing with Wal Mart. If you buy anything and within a week if it goes on sale. You can take the receipt back in. And they will refund the difference.
    I've never heard of that, even when my GF worked for WM. But if it works, cool and do it. I'd still rather buy on Amazon for reasons listed above. And yah, I went to WM for black friday last year and BestBuy and a few other places... After last year, and some of the deals I missed online. I'll never do another BF run outside of my house. The deals are all online, should just be named Cyber Friday, or Cyber week since it's a week and a half long.

The best TV deal on Friday in the city of Houston was a 40in generic HDtv for $350 at Target. Amazon had a name brand 40in HDtv sell for $300.

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by weeztha View Post
    These are some great deals. I'll have to pick up a few games. Lucky me my town is small and last year I went at 10am on black Friday and still got a few good games and a flat screen tv. I was able to get everything I wanted lol hopefully I have the same luck this year
    Same here. But as other people have stated, I'll be ordering my stuff online.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There are ways to get SOME deals, but they are kinda shameful...
    1. Hide what you want somewhere in the store the day before and pick later on the sale day.
    2. Like I said earlier, some items have different colored packaging for Black Friday. Just make sure you have an ad with you to argue that they need to honor the advertised price. Here is an example, I wanted to buy 2 leapsters for my kids, one was in its original every day box and one was in a box make for Black Friday (i am not joking). So I went to purchase both, one rang up on sale and the other was normal price. I politely pulled out the ad and asked her to honor the sale price, and she did!

Also, Walmart does get pretty bad! I went one year 2 hrs before the sale and the line wraped all around the inside of the store. I was so pissed cuz I wanted a slim PS3 bundle, I said F this and left. Looked across the parking lot and saw that gamestop had like 4 people waiting outside, 1 hr from open time. I ran over there and got a even better bundle, GoW Collection with LBP GOTY. I got the last one too, they only had like 4 or 5 to sell. So again, be careful what you are looking for, tbey may have less than 5 of that particular item you want oh so badly!

Royal Flush X2

Only game I want is Batman Arkham city but I'll stick to amazon online as last year I got a lot games at excellent deals. Even if Arkham city is a few dollars more, I rather not deal with all the potential drama such as a good chance of getting a fender bender in parking lot, fighting with a-holes which there is plenty where I live. Just not worth it to save a few bucks......

Kiwi Defender

Those are some nice deals, specially foy the afforementioned BF3 and B:AC, but FIFA 12 is very recent too .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast