Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Review

This is a discussion on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet That's fair enough, but Gauss is also a FF fan and he's played FF13 along with ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    That's fair enough, but Gauss is also a FF fan and he's played FF13 along with a few others I believe.
    He has played them all, plus many of the spin-off ones.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Thanks Gauss and Kerwan, this game is on my list to play but will probably be saved for Summer (when there isn't as much out)

Also to Yume you have to understand that Gauss uses his power to keep the rest of the review team down. It is a sad state of affairs but it is how it is. First he took out Han and Chewie and now he has focused his anger on the RT. There has been talk of revolution where Curse and Kerwan will rise up and take down their oppressive ruler but they need the combine power of Jack and Nagflar to do so (and Nag doesn't come cheap). So continue to pray for the Review Team and one day we will get an honest review for Final Fantasy XIII-2

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Also to Yume you have to understand that Gauss uses his power to keep the rest of the review team down. It is a sad state of affairs but it is how it is. First he took out Han and Chewie and now he has focused his anger on the RT. There has been talk of revolution where Curse and Kerwan will rise up and take down their oppressive ruler but they need the combine power of Jack and Nagflar to do so (and Nag doesn't come cheap). So continue to pray for the Review Team and one day we will get an honest review for Final Fantasy XIII-2
    I think you've got it all wrong. Gauss is Yoda (minus the encriptic messages), I'm Obi Wan and we try to fight off the Dark Side of the team, which is composed of Darth Jacko and his lackey Kertwat, all while Curb and Curse fly around space on the Millenium Falcon.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I think you've got it all wrong. Gauss is Yoda (minus the encriptic messages), I'm Obi Wan and we try to fight off the Dark Side of the team, which is composed of Darth Jacko and his lackey Kertwat, all while Curb and Curse fly around space on the Millenium Falcon.
    I see Where does Shem fit into all this ?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I see Where does Shem fit into all this ?
    He's the Luke of our times, being trained to be the next Jedi while the Dark Side tries to take him away from us.

Toggle Spoiler

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    He has played them all, plus many of the spin-off ones.
    Which just further emphazies my point. I'm not the only FF fan in this review so it's not liked it effects the score..

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Which just further emphazies my point. I'm not the only FF fan in this review so it's not liked it effects the score..
    I know, I'm just clarifying and supporting your point.

Toggle Spoiler

RPG Master

Why am i Mark Hamill?
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 8 - Gold

*Looks at the score Gauss gave the game*
    *Looks at Gauss' score breakdown in his sig*
    *Nods his approval of the score*

Basically, if you liked the first one and had complaints, it's all better now (except for the story). If you didn't like the first one and had any number of complaints, you probably won't like this one either. I fall into the latter camp. Nice read though, Gauss. On top of skimming over Davey's trophy guide, I have a good idea of how the game is, and basically there's nothing for me here. However, on an objective note, I agree with how you ranked the various aspects of the game, and your score seems spot on to me. Good job!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks for the review, i'll be buying this game soon.

Aes Dana

Have you checked the reviews for FFXIII-2 on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com? FFXIII-2 has four and a half stars out of five stars on amazon.co.uk by 18 user reviews. And amazon.com has fours stars for FFXIII-2 across 64 reviews. Need i say more..?

Revelations 19:16

I feel that i like FF13-2 much better than the 1st. I dont feel as restricted or pissed off with the enemies and battle system. However, i did find myself losing interest in the story close to the end. I'd say the gameplay definitely is up to par, but the story itself kept losing me at times. Caius might as well be Jaun Claude Van Dam as the TIMECOP! lmao
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Have you checked the reviews for FFXIII-2 on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com? FFXIII-2 has four and a half stars out of five stars on amazon.co.uk by 18 user reviews. And amazon.com has fours stars for FFXIII-2 across 64 reviews. Need i say more..?
    I would't really use user reviews as back-up, though. Look at Metacritic, for example. MW3 has one of the worst user scores I've seen, and most of them come from people who haven't played the game or simply rated it negatively due to it being ME3, just like many Mario and Zelda games have a great user score just because they are Mario/Zelda games. Same applies to Amazon.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 8 - Gold

I wouldn't trust the user review average score to be objective. Considering how people felt about FFXIII, I'm sure only the people who knew they would like XIII-2 bought it. So of course, the majority of user reviews will be positive, since they bought it. It's not like they were going in blind like everyone was with the original game.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    I wouldn't trust the user review average score to be objective. Considering how people felt about FFXIII, I'm sure only the people who knew they would like XIII-2 bought it. So of course, the majority of user reviews will be positive, since they bought it. It's not like they were going in blind like everyone was with the original game.
    Yes but why would they be dishonest in these reviews? Most people buy the games they like and give favorable reviews but this means nothing if the game isn't any good. Saying a poor or average game is a great game is pointless. What would reviews like that achieve?

Battlefield 3 <3

I haven't played FFXIII-2 yet but i got it for half the original price due to a weekly deal and i'm looking forward to trying it out and i agree with gauss's score as not every game deserves a perfect score also i agree with gauss's scoring i disagree with websites like IGN as they're scores are generally majorly biased whereas gauss generally has a scoring scheme that he uses.

Good Review Gauss

Awesome Sig and Avvy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Yes but why would they be dishonest in these reviews? Most people buy the games they like and give favorable reviews but this means nothing if the game isn't any good. Saying a poor or average game is a great game is pointless. What would reviews like that achieve?
    Because some people care soooooooo much that a game they like gets great scores, refer to Nag's post.

People down-rating games like DA2 and MW3 despite not playing them. I can't explain WHY people do this, but clearly they do.

On IGN, for example, there were 7 user reviews up for MW3 when my friend went to pick up his copy at the midnight release thing. You really wanna tell me that 7 people played the game enough to submit horrible reviews for it before midnight EST?

Most of them on Metacritic just consist of a few sentences or less that explain NOTHING.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

worlds biggest welch fan

so who's got the swimsuit. (serah)

nice review I haven't stopped playing after I beat WKC2 such a nice change of pace with the fighting and monster captures.

60 fragments to go.

over and out Nevs.
    SIG BY ME

Goal Reached FFXIV platinum #50

Lvl 6 - Silver

good review.. gona wait on buying til I get a copy of the 1st one off my friend to follow the story... havent played a Final Fantasy since like 8 and a little of 10... I hope it got better.

Legend...Nuff Said

Why is the score a 7 when the average is 7.6?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast