Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Mass Effect 3 Review

This is a discussion on Mass Effect 3 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I didnt care for the ending either , but with reading your review you describe the single player as Amazing ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I didnt care for the ending either , but with reading your review you describe the single player as Amazing story, but amazing apparantly deserves a 2 because of a shock ending? I feel the ending was rushed too sure , but it was an ending and a shock ending at that. I cant remember the last game, if ever I played an amazing game where it was a 2 in my book. I'll have to disagree on that one.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I live in Earth, the third planet from the Sun in the Sol Star System in the Milkyway Galaxy

I feel for the author of this review, but c'mon, going against that Destroyer Reaper on Rannoch alone was pretty INTENSE! But still, the ending felt like receiving a $10 Applebee's Gift Card for Christmas.

Get bent...

Thank the heavens for such un-biased reviews.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ridiculous score. 5 minutes of a 20+ hour game give it a 2/10? The ending may be the worst thing EVER but it does NOT ruin either the franchise OR the games' single player.. bad move reviewer, childish and dumb.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

just because the ending was bad you give it a 2/10

that's a little extreme don't you think

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Chambers35

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

7.5/10 wasn't it? Just the SP aspect was 2/10 because of the ending. Extreme? perhaps. But then I can't say I wouldn't be very disappointed if something I really liked went down the proverbial shitter.

Either way, it's his opinion and I don't understand why people are so butthurt about it. Maybe actually reading the article instead of just the numbers at the end would help, but I mean this IS ps3t, where 90% of the people don't bother reading what's posted, and just scramble to type whatever pops into their heads 2 seconds after reading the topic title (generally speaking).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love these game

Game on....

This game deserves a 9/10 minimum!! Why is it that all the big games get low review scores on this site? 7/10 for FFXIII-2 and now 7/10 for Mass Effect 3. Ignore this review score if your thinking about getting Mass Effect 3 because the game is epic and i am sure many will agree with me.

Since Aug. 09

feel bad for the poor sucker looking to buy this game but is on the fence. if he comes to this site for a review...he wont ever get to enjoy this amazing game. why? because the awful score based on a so called "bad ending" from this reviewer will sway him away as soon as he sees 2/10. thats just lame. the whole review is basically based on the ending...sad really.

p.s. if your on the fence about this game DONT BE, its flipping amazing. i feel real bad for people that let an endinig ruin an entire series. dont give me hes a bigger fan B.S, you just sound even more "entitled" than you already do.

Dominate!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, I guess you need to put yourself in his shoes, first. Not only is he a very big fan since the beginning who has tons of playthroughs in both ME and ME2, but he's also someone who was expecting an ending that concluded everything well and actually gave improtance to his choices throughout the series, thing that it seems to not do. Thus, his disappointment is bigger than that of yours because you just don't love the game like he does and you simply ain't a fan as big as he is. In other words, it might seem like an over-reaction to you, but to him, it's natural.

It'd be like, say, Fringe ending with a flying cookie killing the protagonist without explaining anything, and oyu [sic] being massively disappointed and me not giving a crap because it's a fitting ending for such a series.
    Being disappointed in a game is one thing; I, myself, am not disagreeing with that point and I'm aware of how big a fan Curb is of the series. However, for the sake of professionalism, I'm not sure a horrible ending should weigh so heavily on a review.

I would expect that well-written reviews are done as objectively as possible, although I do realize reviews aren't written in a vacuum so there will always be subjectivity. I would imagine that as members of the Review Team, however, you all would try to minimize the amount of subjectivity involved in writing your reviews. This clearly doesn't seem to be the case with this review. Don't get me wrong, I like Curb, but I certianly disagree with his review of the game.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    A review is an extensive opinion, you're not supposed to, 'trust,' it, you're only supposed to use it as a jumping off point as to either get something, or to compare YOUR opinion to. You do not need to agree with it, it's one man's opinion vs. another.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Are you guys writing reviews or editorials? :stare:

PRO Member

Curb

I demand a re-write of your review ! As I see it your SP review and subsequent score had many possible outcomes and you shafted us with just one. ONE ! How dare you ! As a loyal reader of the Review Team I will no longer follow any of the teams review's unless the following changes are made to appease all of us:

Option 1 - You played Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 and feel the ending invalidates the whole series SP Score 2/10
    Option 2 - You played Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 thought the ending was okay and have moved on SP Score 7/10
    Option 3 - You only ever played Mass Effect 3 don't have a clue what all the fuss is about, but are glad you got some Asari tail SP Score 9/10

Regards,
    Alex - President and Founder of TakeBackME3Review

Canadian gamer since the 2600

#cutformesa

I will say this one last time, and if you all continue to ignore me then it's your own damn fault, because this is the third time. Ever play baseball?

THIS IS MY OPINION. If you'll kindly head to the Mass Effect 3 official site, you'll see the accolade screaming across the home page: "WINNER OF OVER 75 PERFECT SCORES!" By no means will the ending ruin this game for everyone - many people will actually enjoy it and continue on unabated, or at the very least feel unaffected.

But I am sick of seeing scoring after scoring that is a complete 180 from the opinion of the majority of the fanbase (read: 80-97%, depending on which news source/social media/website you go to). I'm sick of seeing review after review, that applauds the "masterful" ending that "neatly summarizes and concludes the trilogy in such a flawless manner." It works for some people, but for most it doesn't.

I'm not here to get into a pissing contest with people about who's the bigger fan, or the validity of artistic freedom, or the entitlement of the fanbase or any of that crap. THIS IS MY OPINION as someone who owns several copies of the first two games (with plans for at least one more copy of the third, despite this review), who has literally sunk more than a thousand hours into this series over the past five years, be it in the form of novels, comics or the games themselves. Regardless of unquantifiable metrics like who the bigger fan is, you'd be hard-pressed to find a fan who knows the lore better. With humble modesty, I also submit to you an extensive education in writing, literature, philosophy, and a massive amount of experience with classic literature, films, and so on. I am not the foremost expert on storytelling, but I have a better grasp on it than most.

Whether or not you think the ending can or cannot ruin a game, let alone a series, I am telling you that it is bad. It is awful. It is shitty writing, it is shitty plot, and it is just generally shitty. I can spell out every single iota that makes it such a plethora of shit, but some people will be determined to play out the ending for themselves anyway (as they should, and as I have encouraged them to do so).

But once again, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. Feel free to disagree or agree; I hope you really do form your own opinion. But do yourself a favor and refrain from calling me childish, immature, or stupid - it reflects poorly on you at this point, and at the very least constitutes an attack on a staff member. Normally I'd let something like that go since I don't usually care. But something like this hits home because of the investment on my part, not just in the series, but in the review, and so I'll not do you the courtesy of slipping by.

Have a pleasant day.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    when ME3 Showed all that shit at the end it just ruined all of it to me.
    But those original scenes haven't changed... Nothing about what ME1 or ME2 was has changed.

If you are saying this relationship exists your implying that there was some dependence on how ME3 ended when ME1 and ME2 were being made in regards to their greatness.

So why would you formulate an opinion on those titles if you are implying they don't stand on their own as experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    then george lucas ruined it by saying it's mini-organisms in your blood stream called midichlorians.
    Right, and the people who think everything Star Wars was ruined because of that... Didn't actually like Star Wars in the first place.

If you are telling me that the Phantom Menace legitimately ruins your experience with The Empire Strikes Back, I am telling you that you didn't actually LIKE Empire. You liked an idea within Empire that was undermined or manipulated by the new information.

I repeat this again... Nothing about Empire changed with the advent of Phantom Menace. These assertions imply (very clearly I might add) that something about Empire was missing until PM came along and the information PM provided ruined Empire as a whole because it was missing something to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by tristalex View Post
    Curb

I demand a re-write of your review ! As I see it your SP review and subsequent score had many possible outcomes and you shafted us with just one. ONE ! How dare you ! As a loyal reader of the Review Team I will no longer follow any of the teams review's unless the following changes are made to appease all of us:
    As the RT Admin/Mod (or whatever my title is at this point), I specifically asked Curb to NOT DO THAT, it was originally what he wanted to do.

A review's point is to be an in-depth critical analysis of the various values and qualities this form of entertainment provides. To succeed in such an analysis it needs to be complete, sufficient, and well-thought out. You can't have a well-thought out opinion if your opinion is subjective to the viewpoint of the person reading your review.

This isn't a choose your own adventure novel, its a critical analysis. Its your job, as the consumer of the review, to attribute what value you wish to the various points brought up.

I actually find it funny because posts like this are exactly what I originally wanted to do away with review scores entirely or have one ultra simple scale without sub-scores (i.e. A, B, C, D, F) similar to what Joystiq does.

The purpose the scores serve is inherently imperfect, and the less depth we provide it the better the review is as a whole.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

derezzed.

Either tristalex is actually mad at the review, has had a well-played troll, or a little of both. I'm impressed.

Onto the review. I think it's very well-said, Curb. I won't get into my disagreements and/or personal scores as these are irrelevant here. I think you did a great job with the official site review.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    Either tristalex is actually mad at the review, has had a well-played troll, or a little of both. I'm impressed.
    Fixed it for ya Asuka. I choose Option B by the way

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Trophy Guide Grand Master

You wrote a nice review but I wouldn't agree with the SP score you gave the game...the SP mode of the game should be much higher for the reasons you listed in your review..

with the score you gave the game on the SP just because of the ending you seem more like an obsessed fan who has been wronged than you do an official review team member with an objective outlook on the scoring for the game. That type of score I would expect from an unofficial review but not from a professional like yourself.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Why let the ending taint the score? Anyway nice review, it's an excellent game.
    You new to any kind of story telling? You fan of plot holes? You donīt care about the story ? Then by all means ignore the ending.

and

I never understood why silver tongue Shepard let ________ f*** him over at the end. A complete 180 turn in balls.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I still don't think the ending is what made me disappointed of the entire game. As a whole, I personally spotted some problems (major and minor) and I honestly wasn't surprised the ending(s) happened like that.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Almost forgot- Great review Kirby.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast