Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The review team wants you!

This is a discussion on The review team wants you! within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Black_Alchemist You two are crazy seriously, and I thought Dare thought he was going to review it ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Alchemist View Post
    You two are crazy seriously, and I thought Dare thought he was going to review it on presentation alone
    That would be like reviewing a game on it's box cover alone... silly DaRe

Sig by Smashguy

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Ah yes, I thought that might end up confusing people

Basically, Curb stepped down, and Shem is no longer reviewing

So we've took on Nero to fill one role, and are still taking applicants for role #2
    Oh I see, I was aware 2 RT members left, but I wasn't sure if 2 more were being added or not. Thanks for clearing that up man

Resident PHD

This might not be my place to say, but instead of adding more members maybe just a larger focus on actually getting the team already in place to keep putting out reviews would be better. the RT right now has 7 members but we aren't even seeing 1 review a month. Only 2 Vita games have been reviewed (and I remember that being a big focus last year) and hardly any of the big titles have been reviewed this year (max payne, star hawk, lollypop, etc.)

Reviews could become a main part of the site and a driving tool to get new members here (people looking for a review may come to our site and end up staying for the guides and community), but we have to get them out more frequently. I know this has been brought up in the past but why not do what the TGT does and open it up to the public and then use the RT to make sure the review is up to snuff. That way we are getting a wider range of reviews (to bring in more traffic) and it allows the community to feel more apart of the site.

I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    This might not be my place to say, but instead of adding more members maybe just a larger focus on actually getting the team already in place to keep putting out reviews would be better. the RT right now has 7 members but we aren't even seeing 1 review a month. Only 2 Vita games have been reviewed (and I remember that being a big focus last year) and hardly any of the big titles have been reviewed this year (max payne, star hawk, lollypop, etc.)

Reviews could become a main part of the site and a driving tool to get new members here (people looking for a review may come to our site and end up staying for the guides and community), but we have to get them out more frequently. I know this has been brought up in the past but why not do what the TGT does and open it up to the public and then use the RT to make sure the review is up to snuff. That way we are getting a wider range of reviews (to bring in more traffic) and it allows the community to feel more apart of the site.

I know I am not the only one that feels this way.
    I know you're not the only one who feels that way, but you're bringing up points very similar to what I'm wanting to try and change

I'm getting plans together and will be running them by with Gauss of the site aswell, I know it's been said a thousand times but I really want to bring some big changes to the team, and hopefully within the upcoming months you'll be able to see this evidenced with the higher amount of work being done by the team

We aren't simply adding more members, we're replacing members. We've lost Curb, we've lost Shem, Gauss is missing and Nag has YLOD.

Getting the team into place is the main thing I want to do.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I know you're not the only one who feels that way, but you're bringing up points very similar to what I'm wanting to try and change

I'm getting plans together and will be running them by with Gauss of the site aswell, I know it's been said a thousand times but I really want to bring some big changes to the team, and hopefully within the upcoming months you'll be able to see this evidenced with the higher amount of work being done by the team

We aren't simply adding more members, we're replacing members. We've lost Curb, we've lost Shem, Gauss is missing and Nag has YLOD.

Getting the team into place is the main thing I want to do.
    I look forward to seeing the changes.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Check Those Corners

So I send the review and the PM to you?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just wondering, if I don't necessarily want to write guides, are you maybe looking for a proofreader or editor for new/existing guides? As a master of the English language, I would be pretty happy to help in that capacity. And I work for +rep

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    So I send the review and the PM to you?
    Send the review within a PM to Curse. You may have to separate it into multiple PMs if it exceeds 5000 characters.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

RPG Master

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Send the review within a PM to Curse. You may have to separate it into multiple PMs if it exceeds 5000 characters.
    If it is over 5000 characters when you send it in, do not simply break it at 5000 and start a new PM. Try and do so at the end of a paragraph or something like that.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Just wondering, if I don't necessarily want to write guides, are you maybe looking for a proofreader or editor for new/existing guides? As a master of the English language, I would be pretty happy to help in that capacity. And I work for +rep
    If by guides you mean reviews, then no, we're pretty solid with an editing process and we try to not let things get overlooked. We're looking for more activity in terms of reviews. The RT has been admittedly a rather inactive team ever since we hit the year 2012, and we're looking to change things around with new members that are ready and willing to write high quality reviews. And none of us work for rep. If you ever find a major grammatical error in one of our posted reviews, you can always let us know via PM and we'll get around to fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    When you send it in, if it is over 5000 characters. Do not simply break it at 5000, try and do so at the end of a paragraph or something like that.
    This too.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Threat

If I bought a lot of games regularly I'd apply, I'm and editor/reviewer on a rap/hip-hop site.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

RPG Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    If I bought a lot of games regularly I'd apply, I'm and editor/reviewer on a rap/hip-hop site.

It is not a question of getting every new game that comes out in order to write a long review. While the team does try to do so for the big blockbuster games like Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim and so forth, the older games still need to be reviewed just as much. Just because a game is over one year old does not mean it shouldn't be reviewed.

In my opinion, some people assume that after a certain point in time, your personal review will be tarnished by the game magazines, websites and other people, therefore making you impartial. This might be true in some cases, but the people on the RT have to put aside personal feelings for a game and just grade/score it based upon its own merits and not what they think personally think.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Just submitted my entry to Curse so good luck to other applicants

Created by Prosthetic

From here on out Blank friend requests will not be acknowledged

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Alchemist View Post
    Just submitted my entry to Curse so good luck to other applicants
    That's fighting talk....

Toggle Spoiler

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    That's fighting talk....

Toggle Spoiler

haha nah just eagerness haha

Created by Prosthetic

Harvester of Souls

Good luck everyone. Be sure to check over all your works before submitting. Nothing like a half assed work OR to put one in and then look back and see numerous little errors and things that could of been fixed before hand. RT defnitely looking for people that they won't have to train and look after "SOO" much. Besides, got their hands full of Lord Nero now. .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Good luck everyone. Be sure to check over all your works before submitting. Nothing like a half assed work OR to put one in and then look back and see numerous little errors and things that could of been fixed before hand. RT defnitely looking for people that they won't have to train and look after "SOO" much. Besides, got their hands full of Lord Nero now. .
    Lol. congrats Nero. I threw my name into the hat, wish me luck!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeh congats Nero Hope to read some of your reviews soon

Created by Prosthetic

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    It is not a question of getting every new game that comes out in order to write a long review. While the team does try to do so for the big blockbuster games like Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim and so forth, the older games still need to be reviewed just as much. Just because a game is over one year old does not mean it shouldn't be reviewed.

In my opinion, some people assume that after a certain point in time, your personal review will be tarnished by the game magazines, websites and other people, therefore making you impartial. This might be true in some cases, but the people on the RT have to put aside personal feelings for a game and just grade/score it based upon its own merits and not what they think personally think.
    Guess I should get to work on my application then
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 9 - Gold

does this have to be a PS3 game only since this is a PS3 site, or can it be any system (cuz there are some threads and sections for other systems)???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast