Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Review

This is a discussion on Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by dsluckay So you are saying that because I wasn't forced to play this game (got it for ...

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    So you are saying that because I wasn't forced to play this game (got it for free by the way) that I should go easy on it, and not give it a low score? I gave it a 3/10 because that is how I view it, you can agree or disagree with it all you like. Giving Kane & Lynch 2 a low score doesn't reflect my feelings for IO Interactive or Eidos.
    You better watch it though Luck. Jeff Gerstmann was fired for giving Kane and Lynch a bad score and I hear Curse is kind of a taskmaster

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    3/10? That's too bad; I was just starting to like you.

Kane and Lynch might not be the greatest game ever, but it's definitely not that bad.
    It deserves a 1, honestly.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Huge Gaming Backlog

Giving it a 3 is being generous. I liked the first Kane and Lynch but this one was utter shit.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's a very low Overall...well, fine to me '-'
    "Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTAR View Post
    get out'a'here you must be sick . you talk like those pirates who did not read the game manuel for the first Kane & Lynch and later talk about the cover system was broke . Well its not broke , you just dont know to play Kane & Lynch 2 Remember this , Io-interactic is making games in denmark and we are one of the most expensive state in the world and Io-interactic made 2 games for only 200 mio danish kroner wile squer enix was owertaken Eidos so show them a bit respekt , Io-interactic did not force you to play Kane & Lynch 2
    that's no excuse for a shit game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I heard that this game is THAT bad. Good review, I love it like the rest!

***Now the real game begins!***

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    I was actually interested in picking up so it was good to see a review. The gameplay looked unique with their approach to the third person view. I may see if I can find it cheaper then $5.

I bought it for under 3 dollars 2 years ago and I only started playing it this month and trust me this game isn't even worth it. I will try to painfully beat it but if I don't oh well. I agree with the review score.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I really liked it and had no problem taking the platinum in the legit way. The story was enjoying and I Loved the multiplayer trophies and the multiplayer itself. It's one of the best ps3 game i've ever played. But well, that's my opinion, I think your review has good points anyway.

PS: for those who criticize it for the multiplayer, well, that's because the online is dead, so it isn't game's fault.

Toggle Spoiler

Sig and Avy by Wadefan1 *_*

PRO Member

couldnt agree more. this is the worst game I played this generation.
    worse than duke nukem. heck... even worse than terminator salvation.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Worst thing in this game is when Kane told you don't let them see you and He Blew Up the whole Plan -_-
    seriously the stealth system in this game is ZERO

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Gameplay: 4/10
    the game is just so repetitive. All you do is shoot, and move forward while taking cover.
    Just like Call of Duty right?

Kane and Lynch II might not be the best game out there, but it definitely has it's charm. The story of middle aged men trying to earn some money in a very dangerous way doesn't show up often on the radar and the fact that you said that the story only lasts 4 hours is because you probably played it on easy. (Just a guess though)

Anyhoo, this game is more fun then it looks, plus this review isn't making it more appealing to anyone. However, it is a co-op game with a nice twist to the cam. I bought it on sale and I have to say it was worth it. The co-op is decent to be honest but worth the seven bucks.

There are two things I can't deal with about this game:
    1. You can't play against people who has the disc version if you are using a downloaded version and vice versa.
    2. Only one lobby at the time can be up and running for each game mode. It's too bad these three douches are taking turns in the lobby to just sit there and do nothing. I never got to experience Fragile Alliance on the second one because of this.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Chijatsu View Post

Kane and Lynch II might not be the best game out there, but it definitely has it's charm. The story of middle aged men trying to earn some money in a very dangerous way doesn't show up often on the radar and the fact that you said that the story only lasts 4 hours is because you probably played it on easy. (Just a guess though)

Anyhoo, this game is more fun then it looks, plus this review isn't making it more appealing to anyone. However, it is a co-op game with a nice twist to the cam. I bought it on sale and I have to say it was worth it. The co-op is decent to be honest but worth the seven bucks.

1. You can't play against people who has the disc version if you are using a downloaded version and vice versa.
    2. Only one lobby at the time can be up and running for each game mode. It's too bad these three douches are taking turns in the lobby to just sit there and do nothing. I never got to experience Fragile Alliance on the second one because of this.
    Call of Duty switches it up with sniping sections, vehicle sections and more. All you do in Kane & Lynch 2 is grab a primary and secondary weapon, then shoot people while running around. It's better done in Call of Duty.

You can feel free to disagree with my review but I still stand by it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Call of Duty switches it up with sniping sections, vehicle sections and more. All you do in Kane & Lynch 2 is grab a primary and secondary weapon, then shoot people while running around. It's better done in Call of Duty.

You can feel free to disagree with my review but I still stand by it.
    I do. Some parts of course not all of it. But I mean it's just as if I would review Call of Duty and give it a 5 because they manage to make it worse every year that goes by.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think as a co op game one of the best i have played, quite hard but very entertaining.

Threat

The game is less than 4 hours on normal. If it took you longer you must suck at the game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    The game is less than 4 hours on normal. If it took you longer you must suck at the game
    Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. At least me and my friend who played it on co-op (on extreme I might add) enjoyed it and it's story. Some glitches occurred of course, most disconnections. But let's face it how often doesn't that happen online?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

OMG Some says "stealth system" THIS IS NOT A STEALTH GAME , but IO is on there way with +4 Hitman games this year . Then you can play stealth games

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTAR View Post
    OMG Some says "stealth system" THIS IS NOT A STEALTH GAME
    I think they mean "cover system" ... when in a gun fight... not trying to stay undetected...

The one bright side of this game was the Arcade mode Fragile Alliance... the camera was god-awful, thankfully it could be changed... as much as I like vulgarity and violence... it felt forced in this game... and neither character was likeable. I suppose there were a few fun moments like running through the streets bloodied and naked... but I don't think luck's score is that far off... at most I would see this game around 4.5 ...

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    I think they mean "cover system" ... when in a gun fight... not trying to stay undetected...

The one bright side of this game was the Arcade mode Fragile Alliance... the camera was god-awful, thankfully it could be changed... as much as I like vulgarity and violence... it felt forced in this game... and neither character was likeable. I suppose there were a few fun moments like running through the streets bloodied and naked... but I don't think luck's score is that far off... at most I would see this game around 4.5 ...
    By stealth, they mean the one level where you are running nude in the streets. Kane says to not let anyone see you and to stay hidden, but it's damn near impossible to do so, I ended up just bookin' it to the next area because you have little ammo, and need to take on 10+ guys.

I agree with everything else you mentioned, 'cept the score.

Threat

Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. At least me and my friend who played it on co-op (on extreme I might add) enjoyed it and it's story. Some glitches occurred of course, most disconnections. But let's face it how often doesn't that happen online?
    If you played it on extreme with all those issues then how can you criticize him for saying it was short on normal?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast