Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Burnout Paradise Review

This is a discussion on Burnout Paradise Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Only a 7??? Bad DS! Definately a 10/10 for me. It was my first platinum :') Nice review though...

R.I.P Ellie

Only a 7???
    Bad DS! Definately a 10/10 for me. It was my first platinum :')
    Nice review though

Lvl 4 - Silver

It's about time. But it deserves better than a 7.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Good review DS, although I was very surprised to see it got a mere 7. This game was all that so few games are anymore. FUN. Really hope they make a sequel that is free-roam like this, but hopefully the world is much bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I disagree with the review. I think it's a great game and the events are fun and I didn't get bored once while playing through them all. And the multiplayer is great fun as well.

It's one of my favourite racing games of all time I rate it 9/10

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd be happy to call Burnout Paradise the best racing game of this generation.

I was never bored and disagree completely that there was nothing to do. The amount of content that Criterion continued to patch into the game was staggering. If this was released today, EA would have locked all of that content behind a DLC season pass.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Platinum

Great review, I would have given something higher though, because it astonished me so much even today, and this game is pretty old for a PS3 game.
    Please NO Blank Friend Requests, otherwise I will simply ignore them.

PSN: Doksuri

All out of bubblegum.....

I agree with this review, and would probably even rate it lower... sorry folks! I am not a big racing fan at all, and I dislike racing parts/missions in other games ( just finished the Ned shipping parts mission in BL 2, after 15 tries... no lie). Good thorough review DS! Love seeing intuitive reviews, even if its on an older game!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Change is mediocre

I'm glad people agree. I just found it boring after doing so many of the same events, it just feels like grinding your way to the Burnout license.

R.I.P Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I agree with this review, and would probably even rate it lower... sorry folks! I am not a big racing fan at all, and I dislike racing parts/missions in other games ( just finished the Ned shipping parts mission in BL 2, after 15 tries... no lie). Good thorough review DS! Love seeing intuitive reviews, even if its on an older game!
    You surely cant rate a racing game, if you're not even a racing game fan? lol
    That's like me rating... I dunno, Final Fantasy, saying it's boring. Fighting people throughout the game, when I'm not into JRPG... or whatever the hell it is

Bob 'n' Becca

I'm glad this has a review, but I, like a lot of the later posters, think this game should've gotten a higher score. I played this game in the height of my whoring days and instantly fell in love. I HATE racing/driving games because they are typically overdone, but this game stuck to the basics and made it fun. Some folks may like when racing/driving games are ultra realistic, but that is what turns me off from them. I've yet to find a similar game to this and it makes me sad. As for if this was my favourite platinum to obtain, I'm not sure. It's either this or fallout new Vegas. Both of those were funfests. I still play this game to this day in an attempt to get 100%. I don't have all the dlcs, but I thoroughly enjoy the ones that I do have. And I feel bad for the bloke who said he couldn't get online. Yer missing out on some fun, and an easy platinum. The only thing that could've made this game better was if it had split screen local multiplayer and if I personally owned a headset to make online that much easier.

Anyway, keep it up Luck. I may not agree with yer personal opinion on the matter at hand, but I appreciate yer efforts at bringing this game back into the spotlight. Front page FTW!

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Hardcore!!!

I can't change your mind on what you gave yet Burnout Paradise has played a BIG part of my life. I played over 600 hours of the game with over 250 hours online. I own 10 copies of Burnout Paradise.

If that doesn't say that Burnout Paradise is a f'ing awesome as sh*t game, then I don't know what will. 10 copies of the same game over 3 accounts, 2 systems, and over 600 (250+ online) across 4 accounts and 3 systems.

It was your call on the number so I have to leave it.

Also, Burnout Paradise is one of the very few games that is NOT one of the generic Racing games. When I state generic Racing games, I mean like Forza, or Gran Turismo, or even Mario Kart and ModNation Racers.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Good review. I was thinking about getting an open world racing game for PS3.i Got Forza for Xbox 360 but want to try a new racing game that is open world. Can someone give me a good one?
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Randy66 View Post
    Good review. I was thinking about getting an open world racing game for PS3.i Got Forza for Xbox 360 but want to try a new racing game that is open world. Can someone give me a good one?
    This one.............

Retired

This one, or wait until Need for Speed: Most Wanted comes out, it's basically Burnout Paradise 2, with cops and real cars.

I wish this game had local multiplayer though, would've gotten some of the awesome moments.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    This one, or wait until Need for Speed: Most Wanted comes out, it's basically Burnout Paradise 2, with cops and real cars.

I wish this game had local multiplayer though, would've gotten some of the awesome moments.
    Thanks for telling me. I liked Driver San Francisco which isn't all racing but still is fun.
    Sucker Punch and Guerrilla Games
    Are awesome

Retired

Thanks for telling me. I liked Driver San Francisco which isn't all racing but still is fun.
    No problem. I saw videos of that game and it looks great.

Hey DS and co. When/If you get the PSVita, will you review games for it?

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    No problem. I saw videos of that game and it looks great.

Hey DS and co. When/If you get the PSVita, will you review games for it?
    Of course. Currently I think only one RT member has a Vita, I plan on getting one in a few months. Hopefully we can eventually get the reviews out that we missed for it.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Of course. Currently I think only one RT member has a Vita, I plan on getting one in a few months. Hopefully we can eventually get the reviews out that we missed for it.
    Good to know, maybe you could give 2 scores (in one review) for each version if the game supports cross buy and if each version has something worse/better i.e. loading times or graphics (if graphics are horrendous).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I loved this game and it was honesly pretty easy... The only problem was that the trophy holding me from plat is the one where u send a snapshot... I don't have a pseye so i still do not have this plat

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by biffleboy16 View Post
    I loved this game and it was honesly pretty easy... The only problem was that the trophy holding me from plat is the one where u send a snapshot... I don't have a pseye so i still do not have this plat
    You don't need a Eyetoy. Just use any USB webcam (I used USB) and do what the trophy asks. I didn't own a webcam so I went to best buy and bought one, and once I was done with it I took it back. With Walmart you'd probably be able to do the same thing.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast