Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Resident Evil 6 Review

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Good to read an HONEST review of a game from someone I trust of their opinion. Glad to hear your ...

  1. #21
    All out of bubblegum.....
    SplatterScoggs's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,282
    Reputation
    100

    Good to read an HONEST review of a game from someone I trust of their opinion. Glad to hear your RL stuff is back in order ( late night drinking binges tend to result in some unexpecting issues... lol) Good review, and it has helped me decide that the series is still on the shelf for me after hanging it up after RE2. Keep up the good work Sir Soul Sucker!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot




  2. #22
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,719
    Reputation
    447

    Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    whether he likes the game or not is irrelevant. same with duke nukem. few people bash it then every review from then on cant be trusted because they all play to confirm what they herd without taking a positive and independent look from the start which every review you write should be started that way. feelings and thoughts should come after a game is finished. you look back and decide were things got stale or boring because if you get that during a playthrough then the rest of the game is just a waste of time and your word cant be trusted
    I am sorry dude, that is just stupid.

    Are you saying you can never give a bad review? I respect a reviewer more when he/she actually finishes a game and comes back with a full analysis. If Nero had written "I tried to play the game but it was so terrible I had to quit playing 0/10" I wouldn't respect that review. Nero finished the game and is now relaying his opinion on what the game was like to him. A reviewer doesn't have an obligation to you or anyone else. He/She has to give his/her opinion on something and then you, the reader, has to determine if that review works for you and then make up your own mind on whether or not the game is worth your time.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  3. #23
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Yeah, you point out the flaws as you play the game, not once it is finished. A review has to include the full game, so you can't half ass it by playing the first half, regardless if you like it or not. And the review is fair if he thought it was bad, but it doesn't mean that the review is wrong. Sure it may be wrong to me, because I liked the game, but that's what makes a review, the opinion of the author. Liking the game is the most relevant part; if he found the story to be bad or whatever, that should be included because it's a point deduction from the overall score. In the end it's up to the reader to determine whether they agree with the review or not, and whether they want to buy the game or not. Obviously we can't buy every game that comes out, so we look to reviews (though I mostly look at videos).

  4. #24
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,719
    Reputation
    447

    One more point I would like to make to all those bashing Nero's review. He gave it a 6/10...that is an ABOVE AVERAGE score. That is a very good score to have because that means the game is ABOVE AVERAGE!!!!!

    I actually hate numbered scores because people tend to forget that little point. Everyone wants their favourite game to get a 8 or 9 out of 10. But to get a 9 you have to be an excellent game (it is even worse when a game gets a 10 because that means it is perfect).

    In my opinion there are very few excellent games out there (games that do almost everything right). If a game has bad story, bad camera, clunky controls, sub-par graphics (unless that is the style of the game like 3d-dot game heroes) etc. the score should go down. If it has 2 or 3 of those things the score should go down even more. In the end it might only receive a 6 on 10, but once again that is ABOVE AVERAGE, it is a good score.

    So in conclusion, if you disagree with Nero's review (and that is fine) list why you disagree with him, but give a valid reason backed up with points of your own. Don't just call him a idiot and think that makes your opinion matter.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  5. #25
    #cutformesa
    Curb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Faust
    Posts
    626
    Reputation
    116

    Hey idiots - reviews are opinions and impressions, not facts. They CONTAIN facts, sure; it'd be hard to write a review with basic info like the number of players and release date and such. But saying a review has to be factual is a contradiction in terms. It's supposed to be one player's opinion of the game, and that's all. By no means is it definitive, and should only provide one perspective out of many that are available.

    So don't think you can get off by saying this isn't a review, because that's exactly what it is. If you disagree with the final score, then by all means feel free to say that. But none of you are on the Review Team, most of you haven't written any reviews here on the site, and you clearly don't know what actually constitutes one because here it is, staring you in the face, and you're tearing it apart because it's 'not honest' and 'incorrect' and blah blah blah.

    A REVIEW is an OPINION that happens to be presented in a specific way. It's not a preview, it's not a press briefing; it's your take on the finished product and Nero did exactly that, and did it well. It's nice to notice that most of you guys that decry him as a reviewer have never posted anything even remotely resembling a review, whether it's a real review or your own imagined definition of one.




    Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.


    SERBIA STRONG

    Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

  6. #26
    PRO Member
    MafiaBrett's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    It's nice to notice that most of you guys that decry him as a reviewer have never posted anything even remotely resembling a review, whether it's a real review or your own imagined definition of one.
    I never said he was bad, im just saying there should be 2 things in the review
    1. "This is a Opinion-Review"
    2. "Play the game yourself"

    ALL Reviews NEED that. Because as i said, your potentially scaring people away and it HURTS the developers, and Capcom worked their ass off for this game, this has been their most expensive made game ever with the largest cast they had to work with and a development time of nearly 4 years. Still doesnt make Capcom the good guys because of ondisc dlc, but atleast they TRIED to make a good game compared to most developers who half ass shit.

    And as for the reviews... before the site crash/backup in 2011, I wrote 7 'opinion-reviews' of my own.
    See what i did there? "OPINION-REVIEW" to remind people its a OPINION. people forget that, so its good to remind them.. and i also remember putting in my reviews to alway tell the people reading to go try it themselves.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

  7. #27
    #cutformesa
    Curb's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Faust
    Posts
    626
    Reputation
    116

    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaBrett View Post
    I never said he was bad, im just saying there should be 2 things in the review
    1. "This is a Opinion-Review"
    2. "Play the game yourself"

    ALL Reviews NEED that. Because as i said, your potentially scaring people away and it HURTS the developers, and Capcom worked their ass off for this game, this has been their most expensive made game ever with the largest cast they had to work with and a development time of nearly 4 years. Still doesnt make Capcom the good guys because of ondisc dlc, but atleast they TRIED to make a good game compared to most developers who half ass shit.

    And as for the reviews... before the site crash/backup in 2011, I wrote 7 'opinion-reviews' of my own.
    See what i did there? "OPINION-REVIEW" to remind people its a OPINION. people forget that, so its good to remind them.. and i also remember putting in my reviews to alway tell the people reading to go try it themselves.
    There's no need to title them like that; that's exactly what they're supposed to be. Anyone who goes into a review looking for anything other than an opinion has either never seen a review before, or... well, no, that's pretty much it.

    So you're saying just because they tried hard, it should get a good review? Look, it sucks that sometimes a lot of effort goes unnoticed or doesn't turn out well, but if it's bad people will want to know that BEFORE they spend money on it. That's the unfortunate truth. It sucks that people lose jobs when bad games and movies are such are made, but it also sucks when you drop a significant amount of your paycheck on a dud experience at release.




    Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.


    SERBIA STRONG

    Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

  8. #28
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    A review is an opinion, regardless of who wrote it, how it was written, or if you put opinion in the title. IGN, Game Informer, Edge, etc. All of their reviews are the reviewers opinion. Any review ever is an opinion. That's why I like Rotten Tomatoes; it takes many reviews, weighs out the score, and then it's a matter of what most people thought. Same with Metacritic.

  9. #29
    PRO Member
    AngeldeLeo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    3,032
    Reputation
    53

    Like reading aall the reviews but imo RE6 gets a 10/10 4 me cant get boring playing it ton of fun really awesome xD

  10. #30
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Like reading aall the reviews but imo RE6 gets a 10/10 4 me cant get boring playing it ton of fun really awesome xD
    See? He enjoyed it despite the review giving it a decent score. It matters on how the people perceive the game; the review is for an oversight of what one person took from the game.

    And I agree, the game is definitely a 10 for me... Well, maybe a 9.

  11. #31
    PRO Member
    MafiaBrett's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    There's no need to title them like that; that's exactly what they're supposed to be. Anyone who goes into a review looking for anything other than an opinion has either never seen a review before, or... well, no, that's pretty much it.

    So you're saying just because they tried hard, it should get a good review? Look, it sucks that sometimes a lot of effort goes unnoticed or doesn't turn out well, but if it's bad people will want to know that BEFORE they spend money on it. That's the unfortunate truth. It sucks that people lose jobs when bad games and movies are such are made, but it also sucks when you drop a significant amount of your paycheck on a dud experience at release.
    Im not saying anything about more money spent = a better review, but people take reviews so seriously nowadays and half of the time they just look at the number/score and don't even read the full body. The body is where the true review of facts is at... the Number is PURE OPINION. There should never be a number in a review.. and i regret doing that on the games i reviewed back 2 years ago. People see a number lower than a 7 and they don't want to buy it or buy it used. Theres tons of games i bought that got 6s and 7s, and two of them are in my top 10 all time favorites (MAG and Resident Evil 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    A review is an opinion, regardless of who wrote it, how it was written, or if you put opinion in the title. IGN, Game Informer, Edge, etc. All of their reviews are the reviewers opinion. Any review ever is an opinion. That's why I like Rotten Tomatoes; it takes many reviews, weighs out the score, and then it's a matter of what most people thought. Same with Metacritic.
    I agree about Rotten Tomatoes especially for movies, however Metacritic has become a troll site lately.. as much as i dislike the Call of Duty series myself, those reviews for the COD games have been false because 90% of them havent even played the game. They judge it on fanboyism.

    Same for Resident Evil 6, half of those people i bet never even finished or even played it.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

  12. #32
    Change is good
    Luckay's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,495
    Reputation
    416

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Like reading aall the reviews but imo RE6 gets a 10/10 4 me cant get boring playing it ton of fun really awesome xD
    You probably aren't assessing the game as a whole. Nero's said there are good things in RE6, and there are bad things. Choosing to overlook those things is your choice, but it should/would never count in anyone's eyes as a review.

  13. #33
    PRO Member
    AngeldeLeo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    3,032
    Reputation
    53

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    You probably aren't assessing the game as a whole. Nero's said there are good things in RE6, and there are bad things. Choosing to overlook those things is your choice, but it should/would never count in anyone's eyes as a review.
    Well i said imo and also Famitsu gave it a 39/40 according to wiki

  14. #34
    CMN
    CMN is offline
    PS4 - Christmas 2014
    CMN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,391
    Reputation
    39

    Who cares what the score is. If you disagree with the score, then go rent it and see yourself. As simple as that.

    Fantastic review Nero. I probably will skip this game, I tried believing this was going to be a decent game, but from what I have seen & heard it seems to be a negative experience.

    Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

    Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

  15. #35
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Ralexion's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0

    I dont find the game boring at all. Been playing it co-op with a friend for a few days now, finished Leon's campaing, and I would say that it's quite intense and fun. But it's a shooter, that's undenyable, and surely some will find that unforgiveable, I guess. Im just raging over the fact that the split screen it's so badly done in PS3, seriously, what the hell, it's RE5 all over again.

    Thanks for the review, sir.
    It's so cheap to insult on the internet, where people doesn't know who you really are or how you look like


  16. #36
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,897
    Reputation
    74

    Listen, this is a review thread, not a debating thread where you can all piss on Nero's review and fight over the definition of 'review' and 'opinion'. Comp has already warned you about it, and it's enough. If you have an issue with the review, PM Nero, or at least attempt to post your thoughts in a respectful and polite manner. If you can't, then don't bother.




  17. #37
    Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin
    Blazikiller's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    585
    Reputation
    25

    Great review Nero! I'm interested in RE6, but will probably end up borrowing it or waiting for a price drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Listen, this is a review thread, not a debating thread where you can all piss on Nero's review and fight over the definition of 'review' and 'opinion'. Comp has already warned you about it, and it's enough. If you have an issue with the review, PM Nero, or at least attempt to post your thoughts in a respectful and polite manner. If you can't, then don't bother.
    As Kerwan says, get over it! Everybody has different opinions, and reviews will differ from person to person on how they analyze the game and their personal preferences. Seriously, grow up, just because he doesn't give the game a perfect score, does not mean that you don't enjoy the game or you are a loser for playing it because it isn't as good in one persons eyes as yours. Pointlessly arguing about it with various people can make you the loser though.


    Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation


    Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

    Current Endeavours

    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel



  18. #38
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    iRock's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    So in conclusion, if you disagree with Nero's review (and that is fine) list why you disagree with him, but give a valid reason backed up with points of your own. Don't just call him a idiot and think that makes your opinion matter.
    So in conclusion, all your negative comments about this review will get deleted. I disagree with the score and I demanded a better score since, like I explained in my earlier comments, the reviewer see what he wanted to see and didnt focus on other facts overlooking most of the good things with an excuse of it being boring and short. Also I was speaking with Nero not with his boyfriends, I dont get why Kerwan and Kid loser get in before nero even answer me. I disagree and add that the game has the longest campaign of all RE, with plenty of content after you are done with the campaign. And I see Nero didnt even mention Mercenaries mode or his thoughts on it, Heck i dont even think he finished all the campaigns. I dont blame people on getting mix feelings about the game when they have an Hype or They have listened the game is ''bad''. Then again I wont argue anymore and I hope nero answers me here or via pm.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

  19. #39
    Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin
    Blazikiller's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    585
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    So in conclusion, all your negative comments about this review will get deleted. I disagree with the score and I demanded a better score since, like I explained in my earlier comments, the reviewer see what he wanted to see and didnt focus on other facts overlooking most of the good things with an excuse of it being boring and short. Also I was speaking with Nero not with his boyfriends, I dont get why Kerwan and Kid loser get in before nero even answer me. I disagree and add that the game has the longest campaign of all RE, with plenty of content after you are done with the campaign. And I see Nero didnt even mention Mercenaries mode or his thoughts on it, Heck i dont even think he finished all the campaigns. I dont blame people on getting mix feelings about the game when they have an Hype or They have listened the game is ''bad''. Then again I wont argue anymore and I hope nero answers me here or via pm.
    Ahem, did you read the review?


    Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation


    Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

    Current Endeavours

    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel



  20. #40
    Aussie Furry, Bitch
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,897
    Reputation
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    So in conclusion, all your negative comments about this review will get deleted. I disagree with the score and I demanded a better score since, like I explained in my earlier comments, the reviewer see what he wanted to see and didnt focus on other facts overlooking most of the good things with an excuse of it being boring and short. Also I was speaking with Nero not with his boyfriends, I dont get why Kerwan and Kid loser get in before nero even answer me. I disagree and add that the game has the longest campaign of all RE, with plenty of content after you are done with the campaign. And I see Nero didnt even mention Mercenaries mode or his thoughts on it, Heck i dont even think he finished all the campaigns. I dont blame people on getting mix feelings about the game when they have an Hype or They have listened the game is ''bad''. Then again I wont argue anymore and I hope nero answers me here or via pm.
    In case you haven't noticed, this is Nero's opinion. You don't have to agree with it, and you can respectfully tell him so, while voicing your thoughts and explaining your reasons. If you don't agree with the score you're welcome to your own opinion, but as far as official reviews go, Nero's word is final, and he's not going to change his score just because you say so.

    And considering that you refer to me and Loser as his "boyfriends" shows that you aren't in a state of mind to be respectful or have dignity with this subject, so then you shouldn't be surprised when people write you off.

    Enough of these posts, people. Thanks.




Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO