Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dishonored Review

This is a discussion on Dishonored Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Deffo picking up this one when its just a little bit cheaper....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Deffo picking up this one when its just a little bit cheaper.

#cutformesa

Yeah it borrows from other games, but it doesn't really feel derivative. Is it some sort of freakish lovespawn of a threeway among BioShock, Assassin's Creed, and Deus Ex? Sure, but it doesn't feel copied. It feels like it borrows the best aspects of those games, and then makes them shine. It doesn't beat you over the head with the fact that most of its gameplay elements were first introduced elsewhere.

And what a wonderfully weird world it's in. I love the odd industry and mannerisms and creepy tendencies the world has. It's a real treat, to be sure. It's not a story that necessarily sets itself up for a sequel, but I'm definitely hoping for DLC or another game set in the same universe.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    While the reviewer has some good points, this review is poorly written, with incorrect grammar and syntax making it hard to understand.

I also thought the scores were a bit generous.

Game-play:
    While Dishonored is undoubtedly fun, there is little about it that is original.
    7/10.

Single-player:
    In a single-player game, narrative is a key component. How is it, then, that you can give a game with a "weak and predictable" story an 8.5?
    8/10.

Technical:
    The game certainly looks nice and, yes, the lighting is fantastic; if only there wasn't excessive screen-tearing, poor draw-distance, texture pop-in and various other minor flaws. Ultimately, Dishonored is running on Unreal 3, and it's an engine that is really showing its age.
    The reviewer probably should have made some mention of the audio as well, considering it's an integral part of a stealth-game.
    7.5/10.

Overall score: 7.5/10.
    I'm sorry my grammar is poor and I don't even know what syntax means, but maybe I needed to explain the scores better.

Gameplay: 9/10
    Even though there's little about it that's original, it's fun and uses the borrowed features from other games and though, doesn't exactly improve upon them, makes them work very well in Dishonored.

Singleplayer: 8.5/10
    The story is weak and predictable, yet it is easy to immerse yourself in the world, with such a different industry that I've never seen before. Just seeing how corrupt the world is, is quite an adventure in itself.

Technical: 9/10
    The game certainly does look nice and, yes, the lighting is fantastic; I never experience large amounts of screen-tearing, nor did I even detect a low draw distance. Texture pop-in never happened for me and the only flaws I had were mentioned above. Stealth works extremely well in Dishonored and sometimes can be tough to hide in corners when things around you can be knocked over.

Overall: 9/10

Anything else you can tell me in a PM and keep out of this thread. K? Thanks

Totally not Comp by the way

Trophy Guide Kitten

I'm going to agree with Luckays post above me. Anymore whining and moan can be taken to a PM and not the thread. K? Thanks
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

Well done on the review. The game looks nice and polished. Hoping to pick this one up over the holidays.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

There's no originality in games these days..

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by TheBallistikOne View Post
    There's no originality in games these days..

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I actually got the game after reading this review yesterday! Seems like it is going to be pretty awesome! I hope it will do really well.

Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

#hashtag

I'll just say I agree with most that's written in the review

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Great read dude. I'll be picking this game up after my exams.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Definitely agree with this review. Not the most original game, but still unique in a way. Fantastically executed, with great gameplay. I've only put 4 or 5 hours into it so far, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good review! I was thinking of how the stealth felt like splinter cell or Metal gear. i don't think he trophies seem to hard though, if i didn't stop to admire the scenery i would probably be a lot further than i am. lol

PRO Member

It makes me happy to see a game with a strong single player campaign without a crappy multiplayer shoved in. I got it full price, just waiting for the mail man to deliver it!!

All out of bubblegum.....

Nice review, I think I'll pick this up when price comes down a bit, like others of said. Keep up the good work Luckay!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow. Nice review, I'm thinking of buying this next year or til the prices drop.

***Now the real game begins!***

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this game is awesome, with that being said trying to plat is frustrating..i played the game over three times, on non lethal and the only trophy i got was shadow, i mean from start to finish i played clean did not kill a single soul and yet it refuse to give that damn trophy. I think the trophy system in that game is off.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Silentshadows76 View Post
    this game is awesome, with that being said trying to plat is frustrating..i played the game over three times, on non lethal and the only trophy i got was shadow, i mean from start to finish i played clean did not kill a single soul and yet it refuse to give that damn trophy. I think the trophy system in that game is off.
    Everything popped fine for me, you must've done something wrong for them not to pop.

Inactive

Great review! Made me want to go buy the game now, but I'll just wait for the holidays which is not too far away. I was thinking of getting this game before it even released but never had the chance.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12