Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shadow of the Colossus Review

This is a discussion on Shadow of the Colossus Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet Well I played the game as a kid so I didn't find it to be that ...

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Well I played the game as a kid so I didn't find it to be that hard...but then again it's been a while...
    The PS2 version wasn't too hard from what I've read but in this version wanders grip is not as strong and the colossi shakes so much is what makes it so hard. The rest I had no problem with even #15 which I've read has gave many trouble.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    The PS2 version wasn't too hard from what I've read but in this version wanders grip is not as strong and the colossi shakes so much is what makes it so hard. The rest I had no problem with even #15 which I've read has gave many trouble.
    Actually I felt that the DS2 was a lot harder to use than the DS3 controller, so maybe that's why I felt it to be easy....

PRO Member

As an owner of both versions I can absolutely tell you that the ps3 version is harder. Hard Time Attack 3 is the only thing holding up my plat and I beat that one on my second try when I fired up my ps2 the other day. The colossi are much slipperier this go round. My best time right now is 5:27 so I don't think it's impossible, just harder.

The game still gets a 10/10 for me.

I slso think that the controls may have been made "clunky" intentionally. Climbing on a giant creature that is moving around should be an ackward experience. Just my 2 cents. And firing an arrow over your shoulder while riding a horse running full speed should also be fairly difficult in my opinion.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I slso think that the controls may have been made "clunky" intentionally. Climbing on a giant creature that is moving around should be an ackward experience. Just my 2 cents. And firing an arrow over your shoulder while riding a horse running full speed should also be fairly difficult in my opinion.
    Very possibly; but you're then going into realism. If you want games to have realistic controls then I'm not sure what you think of games such as Skyrim where you can swing massive swords with a single button tap.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Very possibly; but you're then going into realism. If you want games to have realistic controls then I'm not sure what you think of games such as Skyrim where you can swing massive swords with a single button tap.
    I don't think that's the same thing. In this game, the whole point is to pick your spots and find the balance between using a strong enough strike to do maximum damage, and striking quickly enough to get the strike off before the colossi shake you loose and you have to start all over. The game is entirely about holding on for dear life long enough to wear down a giant. If you could just grab on and keep stabbing the colossi without any repercussions the game wouldn't be nearly as fun. Also, don't forget that you are playing as a little kid in this game. I'd be pissed if he could swing a giant ax like it was nothing. That's not the case in skyrim. Just saying..

I do hear wear you are coming from in your review, but like others before me in the thread I disagree with you on some things.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I do hear wear you are coming from in your review, but like others before me in the thread I disagree with you on some things.
    That's more than fine. The whole point of the review is for people to share their opinions and thoughts on the game. This is merely fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123