Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Medal of Honor: Warfighter Review

This is a discussion on Medal of Honor: Warfighter Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE Why do they keep making big blockbuster games with amazing graphics and amazing action scenes then ...

  1. #21
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Why do they keep making big blockbuster games with amazing graphics and amazing action scenes then forget to add actual good gameplay , you would imagine there would be a massive team working on these games , are they all YES men and afraid to say the game sucks , surly they notice before its release that it looks great but plays like shit
    The thing is, since I've said the campaign is just tacked on, I don't think they tested it much. The amount of frustration I had just trying to watch the cutscenes that were flickering all crazy was astounding. But so far again the multiplayer is good, I experienced my first lag session yesterday, but it was pretty bad. I couldn't move but lag is to be expected from multiplayer games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Nice review man, told you it was a shit game
    I never said it was shit, and 6.5/10 most certainly does not reflect that.

  2. #22
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Waystedyou's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,258
    Reputation
    27

    Looks like it had a lot of potential that got wasted, i was actually looking forward to it but was hesitant to preorder it or anything, one friend was so hyped for this, he returned it about 3 days later the first time hes ever returned a game lol.
    It does bring some nice things to the table but it has so many bugs and glitches from what ive seen considering its supposed to be a AAA title.

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I liked the review overall, but your SP part of the review seemed to just detail your experience with the campaign rather than the campaign itself. And they really kicked Medal of Honor into the ground; DICE, just stick to Battlefield.
    Only thing dice contributed to the game was the engine this runs on, and a whole lot of hype from Bf3 series to generate sales.



  3. #23
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    It's a shame Medal Of Honor has dropped so far from the heights of Allied Assault and Frontline, sad to see the singleplayer sounds even more dull than last time, cannot see any good reason to outright buy Warfighter.

    I will give it a rent for old times sake, maybe i'll enjoy it.

  4. #24
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    The multiplayer graphics aren't that good,95% of the time the voip isnt working,the map designs are horrible,the ui is a mess and difficult to use,and the hit detection seems off.I wouldnt waste my money on this game,in a month no one will be playing it and matches will be hard to find.The multiplayer feels like it is in pre beta stages with the number of bugs and glitches,i'm having fun playing it,but i find most fps multiplayer games fun.6/10 on the multiplayer in my opinion. There are only 33 guns in the multiplayer,not 70.and more than two sections in the story where you are not on foot,i haven't finished the game but one of the first missions is where you are controlling the bot and another car chase.
    Last edited by bobbyblitzed; 10-29-2012 at 09:04 AM.

  5. #25
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    The multiplayer graphics aren't that good,95% of the time the voip isnt working,the map designs are horrible,the ui is a mess and difficult to use,and the hit detection seems off.I wouldnt waste my money on this game,in a month no one will be playing it and matches will be hard to find.The multiplayer feels like it is in pre beta stages with the number of bugs and glitches,i'm having fun playing it,but i find most fps multiplayer games fun.6/10 on the multiplayer in my opinion. There are only 33 guns in the multiplayer,not 70.and more than two sections in the story where you are not on foot,i haven't finished the game but one of the first missions is where you are controlling the bot and another car chase.
    There are 72 guns in the multiplayer ... not including the sidearms or shotgun.

    Look on the Warfighter battlelog .... or, like me, I actually have the Strategy Gudie for the game
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  6. #26
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    There are 72 guns in the multiplayer ... not including the sidearms or shotgun. Look on the Warfighter battlelog .... or, like me, I actually have the Strategy Gudie for the game
    there are 33 guns in the multiplayer including the sidearms and shotguns.you guys are counting the same weapon multiple times.

  7. #27
    Commander McBadass
    Colonel_King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    111
    Reputation
    3

    Still better than the last MOH. I bought it on PC and the graphics are freakin incredible. There was like 3 freakin awesome mission and that's all. And wtf was the 2 car chase missions?!?!

    My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

  8. #28
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    there are 33 guns in the multiplayer including the sidearms and shotguns.you guys are counting the same weapon multiple times.
    Theyre not exactly the sme even though the have the same name, they vary depending on the unit you're with.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  9. #29
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Theyre not exactly the sme even though the have the same name, they vary depending on the unit you're with.
    they dont vary at all,they are the same exact gun with the same stats across the board with the same weapon unlocks,unlocking the guns duplicate doesnt give you a new gun it gives you that guns attachments,so by the time you get the 3rd mp7 they are all the same gun with the same stats and same attachments same camo,SAME GUN.This is the same for the 4 mk18s and every other gun that has a duplicate,Just because one gun starts out with an acog and the other starts with a red dot doesnt make them different weapons.

  10. #30
    WHO DAT!!!!
    gixxerrider's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    549
    Reputation
    8

    i actually like this game and i will not play anything else untill i plat this......i liked the singleplayer and the multi is pretty fun, BUT the VOIP is crap and u can never talk w ur fireteam or anyone on ur team which really sucks purple moose c##k. But even w that stupid glitch and the freezing and the matchmaking dumping ur friends, I still have alot of fun w this game.....8/10 on my scale

  11. #31
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    they dont vary at all,they are the same exact gun with the same stats across the board with the same weapon unlocks,unlocking the guns duplicate doesnt give you a new gun it gives you that guns attachments,so by the time you get the 3rd mp7 they are all the same gun with the same stats and same attachments same camo,SAME GUN.This is the same for the 4 mk18s and every other gun that has a duplicate,Just because one gun starts out with an acog and the other starts with a red dot doesnt make them different weapons.
    Haha it's funny, yeha they have all the same attachments and camo's but for the most part the weapons Effect Range, Magazine Size, Agility and Stealth are different even if they have the same name.

    Now I know since you have to be right, you will sit here and argue what I say, but do you have the Warfighter Strategy Guide sitting right in front of your face that tells how they are in each category?

    Oh, and here's an example. The Australian SAS-R and British SAS both have the F88 in the Pointman Class. The Aussie version has a better Effective Range, Magaizine Size and Stealth while the British verion has better Agility.

    So go ahead, keep saying they're not the same, at least I know what I'm talking about and can back it up.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  12. #32
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Haha it's funny, yeha they have all the same attachments and camo's but for the most part the weapons Effect Range, Magazine Size, Agility and Stealth are different even if they have the same name. Now I know since you have to be right, you will sit here and argue what I say, but do you have the Warfighter Strategy Guide sitting right in front of your face that tells how they are in each category? Oh, and here's an example. The Australian SAS-R and British SAS both have the F88 in the Pointman Class. The Aussie version has a better Effective Range, Magaizine Size and Stealth while the British verion has better Agility. So go ahead, keep saying they're not the same, at least I know what I'm talking about and can back it up.
    the reason the stats are different is because the default attachments for the brit and aussie are different.once you attach the weapons with the same barrel,sights,and stock the stats are the same.anybody who has played the game already knows this.
    Last edited by bobbyblitzed; 10-29-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  13. #33
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Ok guys, enough. There are 72 guns, 12 in each of the 6 classes. Each are different in their own (however slight) way. Now please, take it out of the review, K? Thanks

  14. #34
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    TheBallistikOne's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    110
    Reputation
    1

    I never played a Medal of Honor game before. Wow, I thought this game would be better than the 2010 version.
    So will this get the award for Hardest Shooter ?

  15. #35
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Waystedyou's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,258
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBallistikOne View Post
    I never played a Medal of Honor game before. Wow, I thought this game would be better than the 2010 version.
    So will this get the award for Hardest Shooter ?
    Id still say max payne 3 would be harder platinum, since you can just save each mission with hardcore on warfighter.

    The multiplayer seems to take a bit of time in warfighter, but it took me ahwile to get level 50 in max payne 3 aswell, though rockstar are throwing around so many double and triple exp weekends these days it wouldnt take anywhere near as long as it took me to get it done.

    I think i may buy this game later on when its price dropped and the bugs are fixed for it but ill have to see if thats going to be the case or not.



  16. #36
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I'm glad people agree so far, I was really surprised at how little effort was put into the campaign, but I do love playing the multiplayer. Most bugs are in the campaign too, with the multiplayer just having a few trophies that don't pop correctly. It's too bad because I did like 2010.
    The 2010 MoH was a lot better than people made out IMO, multiplayer was a bit unbalanced and your singleplayer was just as generic as every FPS, but it still held its own really. It's nice to see someone else who actually liked it

    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Congratulations EA. You ruined possibly your best Shooter franchise in a record 2 INSTALLMENTS! Everybody, round of applause for EA!

    (I rented it for X360)
    Their best shooter franchise?

    One word

    Battlefield.

    Ermagerd EA r sch a bd developer

  17. #37
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    whitelodoss's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    0

    I played this and MOH:2010. I loved them both, had no problem following the storyline at all. I had a more difficult time keeping up with the story in the COD:MWs. I didn't have any glitches or skipping in cutscenes or in the campaign in general (I bought it day one with a reserve). Now I have had it freeze once in multi-player, but I've never been dropped out of my friends. I would agree the multi-player is definitely an improvement (except for the chat glitches). I would agree with the campaign playing the same as MOh:2010, though I played campaign for the story.

    I may not agree with everything you said, but good review regardless. Definitely some good points in there and not the harshest review I've seen either. 7.75/10 from me

  18. #38
    A plat a month!
    wandarer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Near Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,184
    Reputation
    65

    I was on the fence about this. This review helped me decide I'll just wait for BF4.



  19. #39
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    I've been experiencing another thing while playing multiplayer, sometimes the respawn goes weird and the time will go down to 0, it'll say "Falling back" but then never spawns me. I just look at other players playing while it says "Falling back 00:00". This has happened to me about three times now.

  20. #40
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    bobbyblitzed's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    816
    Reputation
    35

    the multiplayer has also been hacked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO