Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Assassin's Creed III Review

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed III Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Good review. My two biggest problems with the game are the length and the glitches. The game only took me ...

Angel of Death

Good review. My two biggest problems with the game are the length and the glitches. The game only took me 11 hours to beat, whereas the previous 3 took around 20-25, except maybe Revelations. Glitches are rampant in this though. I agree with the 9/10.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awsome review..I just got the game a few days ago and will be playing it for a long time....this game is so awsome it will be added.to my limited collection of games that I will keep forever, and there.are not too many games making that collection as of late...keep up the good reviews and I will keep reading them...thanks

True Templar

Excellent review, can't wait to play this game. I'm even more hyped about it now

Assassin's Creed II - Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire -
    Red Dead Redemption

Working On:
    Assassin's Creed III & Revelations, Little Big Planet 2 & Karting, The Adventures of Tintin, Beyond Two Sous.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Good review. My two biggest problems with the game are the length and the glitches. The game only took me 11 hours to beat, whereas the previous 3 took around 20-25, except maybe Revelations. Glitches are rampant in this though. I agree with the 9/10.
    I was able to complete the game in three days time in a total of about 15-20 hours, which is respectable for a singleplayer. However, the good multiplayer and hefty side content bring up the replayability, so I think it's well worth a purchase even at the current price of admission.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I thought he still had staff permissions because he had the 'editorial' thing that seems to be taking off so well.

As for the review I cant wait to play it after i finish Borderlands 2
    Well, you thought incorrectly.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Game is simply beautiful. Anybody who loves emotional mixed in with journey and the showing of adversity one will go through for freedom and independence. Desmond Myles for the first time (for me) has the PERFECT amount of character time. Everything about this game is brilliant.

Agree with the score, but for me it would be a ten.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

PRO Member

ill wait 4 the plus offer or a big price drop otherwise not getting this

PRO Member

Truly will be remembered as one of the greatest series ever.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Im about 20 or so hours into single player and I agree with the review 100%. Amazing sequel for a amazing series, easily my favorite series today by far.

Galaxy beauty pirate

I will definitely get this game, but around christmas I think. The review made me even more curious about AC3 now.
    Good review Jacky.
    Sig by Ramon

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Nice review man. I really think I picked the wrong AC game this time
    dude im thinking the same thing right now

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Backlog Grinding

Great review as it has finally sold me on purchasing the game!

Currently playing -->

Banned

Yeah I agree and I have the download version of the game but not sure I want to buy the retail version or save my money.

PRO Member

Great review! Thanks for posting I can't wait to get into this game... i'm working through Borderlands ATM and really don't want to walk away just yet. I feel ACIII deserves my 100% attention and when the time is right, it shall have it

AKA ZeusDestroyer

Great review! Our opinions on this game are pretty similiar. Brilliant game with a few flaws.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Excellent review. I already have the game, and you hit on some great points, especially the loooong intro missions.

Banned

Is this game much harder then other assassin creed or is it me not taking my time to get through difficult missions or stick to multiplayer modes?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great review! I totally agree, a definite 9/10 (maybe I would say 9.5/10, I didn't experience a lot of glitches yet, only 2 or 3).
    I got a little catched up with the side missions and before you know it you've spent many hours just walking around in the frontier hunting for specific animals and trying to do every possible thing in Boston (and for me later on New York )

Definitely a must have game!

Live Life!

The Old Guy

After putting over 40 hours into this game, I have to say I think you were far too kind. For a game that's been in the works 3 years, I don't think the technical side deserves anything over a 5/10. The controls are bad and made worse by the optional objectives on many missions, the graphics are EXTREMELY inconsistent, and I've had to restart missions several times because of glitches that made it impossible to progress. On top of that, I've run into glitches that may force me to replay the entire game to get the platinum.

The naval missions are fantastic, but apart from that I feel like too much of the content is tacked on, and the things that really could have been great are underdeveloped. Add into that an inconsistent story with an ending that falls flat, and the fact that the game's idea of a boss fight is to watch a cutscene and then press , and the overall package is just not that good. It's a shame, too, because it could have been something really great, but it seems the developers took the lazy route for most of the game.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    After putting over 40 hours into this game, I have to say I think you were far too kind. For a game that's been in the works 3 years, I don't think the technical side deserves anything over a 5/10. The controls are bad and made worse by the optional objectives on many missions, the graphics are EXTREMELY inconsistent, and I've had to restart missions several times because of glitches that made it impossible to progress. On top of that, I've run into glitches that may force me to replay the entire game to get the platinum.

The naval missions are fantastic, but apart from that I feel like too much of the content is tacked on, and the things that really could have been great are underdeveloped. Add into that an inconsistent story with an ending that falls flat, and the fact that the game's idea of a boss fight is to watch a cutscene and then press , and the overall package is just not that good. It's a shame, too, because it could have been something really great, but it seems the developers took the lazy route for most of the game.
    I respect your opinion, but still disagree with it.

On the technical side, I obviously didn't run into as many problems with the game as you did (glitches usually vary from disc to disc) and I think when you look at the entire technical aspect of the game on the whole, it's impressive. The game looks gorgeous in every aspect, and the score and voice acting are top of the line. In other words it's mostly great, especially when you can look past technical hiccups. However, I urge you and all readers to understand that a number (or numbers) cannot simply define an opinion on a game. It's much more complex than that and there's lots of things to consider. I mentioned my problems with bugs in the review. I bet if I just took the scores off of it at the bottom then you'd agree with me.

And I also mentioned that things felt tacked on. The reason I didn't take off for them is because you're not forced into doing any of them. Don't want to unlock the underground shortcuts through cities for fast travel? Great! Then don't. If you're feeling forced into it because you need that shiny plat for your collection, then just don't go for the plat because all you accomplish through it is boring yourself to tears for a few pixels on a screen and an every so slightly increased e-penis.

Connor's story was great, the ending sucked. I touched on that in my review. The final score reflects how I view scoring. Can an ending that lasts about 3-5 minutes change my entire thoughts on the rest of the 20 hour experience? Well if it's Mass Effect 3, then maybe. But when Connor's story doesn't even relate to Desmond's it doesn't matter much.

I still think it was a great game across the board. I understand where you're coming from, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the game.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12