Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ICO Review

This is a discussion on ICO Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Nagflar There, my friend, I've fixed that for you. I would have put 99.9%, Nag....

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    There, my friend, I've fixed that for you.
    I would have put 99.9%, Nag.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    I would have put 99.9%, Nag.
    I'll change it to that when The Last Guardian is released. Until then, it stays at 100%.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'll change it to that when The Last Guardian is released. Until then, it stays at 100%.
    Ah now, Nagflar, there are games that stand beside ICO as a creative and unique experience, for example, Limbo is an incredibly eerie game, and one that may not be on the same scale as ICO or SotC, but is still a great, stellar game.

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gotakibono View Post
    Ah now, Nagflar, there are games that stand beside ICO as a creative and unique experience, for example, Limbo is an incredibly eerie game, and one that may not be on the same scale as ICO or SotC, but is still a great, stellar game.
    I just finished Limbo last night, and I feel like that game was highly overrated. I'm 100% FOR games that push the boundaries of art and storytelling, I'm currently studying game design in college to hopefully one day create those games that people will remember for the "experience". I still hated Limbo. In the beginning I was a little intrigued with the atmosphere, but by the time I finished it I had been bored to pieces. The factory setting took up far too much of the game and was really dull. I understand that the ending was supposed to be open for interpretation and stuff, but it didn't give the player enough to draw their own conclusions. It was just too abrupt.

Anyway, back on topic, I just started Ico about 3 hours ago and it really is something. The first hour or so was neat because I felt that the game kept leading me in the right direction really subtly, but then it got cut off and I got stuck for a while and when I finally figured out I felt more upset because the answer was not at all clear.

Meep, I'm just rambling now. Ico is fun, limbo was boring. That's all I really had to say.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    I just finished Limbo last night, and I feel like that game was highly overrated. I'm 100% FOR games that push the boundaries of art and storytelling, I'm currently studying game design in college to hopefully one day create those games that people will remember for the "experience". I still hated Limbo. In the beginning I was a little intrigued with the atmosphere, but by the time I finished it I had been bored to pieces. The factory setting took up far too much of the game and was really dull. I understand that the ending was supposed to be open for interpretation and stuff, but it didn't give the player enough to draw their own conclusions. It was just too abrupt.

Anyway, back on topic, I just started Ico about 3 hours ago and it really is something. The first hour or so was neat because I felt that the game kept leading me in the right direction really subtly, but then it got cut off and I got stuck for a while and when I finally figured out I felt more upset because the answer was not at all clear.

Meep, I'm just rambling now. Ico is fun, limbo was boring. That's all I really had to say.
    You liked the game enough to get 90% of its trophies. Morever, I felt the game gave the player everything to draw their own conclusions from; the lack of dialouge, the ambiguious setting and mysterious people that roamed the 'limbo land.' Maybe that's just me and my experience of the game.

But I will agree with you on one thing, the thing that brought us to post in this thread, and that's the fact that Ico is a fantastic game.

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ICO is an acquired taste for people who enjoy the problem solving aspect of games. Just as Shadow of the Colossus took out the puzzles and dungeon crawling and took you straight to the boss fights, ICO removes the constant melee and epic encounters and lets us enjoying the daunting tasks of working our way from room to room without interruption.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12