Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2012 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Best Singleplayer Game of 2012

This is a discussion on 2012 Review Team Game of the Year Awards: Best Singleplayer Game of 2012 within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Dishonored awesome plain and simple.. I am really curious to check out this Journey game i have been hearing about!...

PRO Member

Dishonored awesome plain and simple.. I am really curious to check out this Journey game i have been hearing about!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dishonored was superb but sp GOTY? Hmmm,not sure,possibly.
    But AC3 in top 3??? LOL no fucking way.AC is just copy and paste,abt time they canned the franchise,AC got shit 3 games ago.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    A painful omission from here is The Walking Dead. That game is sweeping up awards from every major reviewer, site, and publication in sweeping fashion, and for it to miss out on being in the top 3 is a bit of an obvious oversight.
    I've seen a bit of the Walking Dead, but I would counter this by saying that you need to keep in mind these awards are given out by a small group of staff on this site. As such a few exclusions or changes in the lists can quickly cause something to fall of the list.

Take someone, like me, who enjoyed TWD, but excluded it from my nominations because I felt it wasn't in my "top-3." If everyone on the RT felt like me, but 2 people felt AC3 was number one... End result is TWD isn't on the list but AC3 is number 3. (NOTE: NOT saying this happened, giving an example).

Its an odd trade-off because of how the RT choose to do nominations, its a blind-vote for place (similar to the Heisman), there isn't a big debate and consensus.

Perhaps you're exposing a reason as to why we should expand this our or change the voting next year, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that the exclusion of TWD is a blemish on this site. Particularly in a year like 2012 which, for me, was a down year in gaming overall. I played maybe 4 games this whole year I will look back on and say "that was an awesome game." Lots of good games, don't get me wrong, but to me the standouts were Dishonored, Journey, Far Cry 3, and Max Payne 3.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12