Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DmC: Devil May Cry Review

This is a discussion on DmC: Devil May Cry Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar Come on, videos of someone else playing a game is hardly the same as actually playing ...

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Come on, videos of someone else playing a game is hardly the same as actually playing a game is it?

Not bad so far, I see this and the original like the difference between Infernal Affairs and The Departed, same source material given two versions with a flavour of the country it was made in. The usual modern day problem of a game deciding it will freeze at whim aside, the combat is fluid, the visual style is well presented and i don't hate Nu-Dante yet.

Certainly needs more time to playthrough but it's hardly the abomination some people want it to be.
    Yeah. visual design of environments is cool. But enemies and stuff are boring really lol. Nothing really unique or interesting, but better than ones in 4. Most everyone hates the way this game looks. Gameplay is nearly the same as old games, cept for lack of lock on, but I haven't played them in so long, I didn't even really notice this so it wasn't a big deal and didn't break the game. But yeah, it plays mostly the same as the older DMC titles.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Yeah. visual design of environments is cool. But enemies and stuff are boring really lol. Nothing really unique or interesting, but better than ones in 4. Most everyone hates the way this game looks. Gameplay is nearly the same as old games, cept for lack of lock on, but I haven't played them in so long, I didn't even really notice this so it wasn't a big deal and didn't break the game. But yeah, it plays mostly the same as the older DMC titles.
    The enemies in some cases just made me think i was playing Bayonetta, they all look like offcuts from other games which is a shame. I didn't even notice the lack of lock on til you said it! Shows it isn't a dealbreaker if you do your combat right.

I'd currently rank this as better than 2 and 4, probably equal with 3. The moaning i'd heard about the swearing and crude insults in cutscenes seems a little over the top, not Oscar winning scripting but hardly an Atomic F-Bomb either.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not a fan of this series at all or gameplay at that, but I agree with the technical score.....
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    The enemies in some cases just made me think i was playing Bayonetta, they all look like offcuts from other games which is a shame. I didn't even notice the lack of lock on til you said it! Shows it isn't a dealbreaker if you do your combat right.

I'd currently rank this as better than 2 and 4, probably equal with 3. The moaning i'd heard about the swearing and crude insults in cutscenes seems a little over the top, not Oscar winning scripting but hardly an Atomic F-Bomb either.
    I can't remember if I mentioned it or not in the review, about the crude language, but it fit the theme and Dante.. and it's rated mature so it didn't break or mess up anything in the game, other than being really corny at times, but didn't affect the score. Yeah I agree with it being better than 2 and 4 definitely. and the enemies.. I definitely agree with how you described it. Capcom and their last 2 DMC games, didn't really have that interesting enemies.. nor did Bayonetta.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Silence is a valid option

Awesome review Nero. I pre-ordered this game and it's still sitting on my shelf, maybe now I'll finally unwrap this sucker. Thanks
    Sig by Pancake Model

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nice review! I'm not all that familiar with the Devil May Cry series..so this was my first experience of the series. This is probably one of the hardest games I've ever tried to get trophies for! Aside from the story-related trophies. The combat style really threw me through a loop when it comes to the combat style-points specific trophies. This game really makes people wanna .. So to all those brave enough to attempt this platinum.. I salute to you

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Renegade Time Lord

Nice review. Was never picking up the game, only reason I have it is because it is free on PS Plus. Sorry if I am renewing an old post but in your review you said that Dante's father, Sparda, was the one murdered my Mundus when it is actually his mother, Eva, who was murdered. Sparda is imprisoned and tortured in Hell.

Just thought I would point that out.
    Just one question. Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12