Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dead Space 3 Review

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Luckay You can't judge something without seeing its climax as far as I'm concerned. Stopping DS3 at ...

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    You can't judge something without seeing its climax as far as I'm concerned. Stopping DS3 at chapter 7 is a huge mistake, before chapter 7 DS3 is admittedly boring, most of what you're doing is just playing a less scary version of Dead Space 1 (walking through corridors in a space-ship kind of area). It feels bland and you even backtrack quite a bit. After chapter 7 is when things get interesting, therefore judging an entire game or movie based on the first few minutes or hours is just plain dumb.
    True. If there was just action the entire time in a movie then the climax wouldn't be that interested. If it's varied, well paced and done in the right way then it's good. Walking out beforehand is a massive mistake.

Rangers F.C

Good review , I had played the demo and hated it to be honest , I am a big fan of Dead Space and the first one is my favourite , when I played the demo I thought the game was suffering from a bad case of COD syndrome but after reading this review , it actually sounds decent , although I am surprised with the high scores , have got this on my Lovefilm list and will give it a go soon , but if it was a case of buying the game I probably would not .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

I am getting this off Lovefilm tomorrow , will post once I have finished the game .

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Good review , I had played the demo and hated it to be honest , I am a big fan of Dead Space and the first one is my favourite , when I played the demo I thought the game was suffering from a bad case of COD syndrome but after reading this review , it actually sounds decent , although I am surprised with the high scores , have got this on my Lovefilm list and will give it a go soon , but if it was a case of buying the game I probably would not .
    Started playing the game today , I was busy so could only manage an hour but any doubts I had about the game were wrong , Its still early on so can't say too much but I have a really good feeling about the game already .

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    See, every time i played a demo for a Dead Space, i loathed it. They are always out of context by being later portions of the game and suffer as a result. The games tend to be better played from the start. You need the build to get into the feel of it.

Dead Space 3 was again, a horribly bland Demo but playing the actual game from the start improved my perception of it immensely, nowhere near the nerve shredding thrillride of Dead Space 2's opening but a nicely paced introduction all the same. Glad it keeps some semblance of haunted houses in space early on before going into a retooled' The Thing' tribute act.

I like it so far, i will not doing be co-op though.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    See, every time i played a demo for a Dead Space, i loathed it. They are always out of context by being later portions of the game and suffer as a result. The games tend to be better played from the start. You need the build to get into the feel of it.

Dead Space 3 was again, a horribly bland Demo but playing the actual game from the start improved my perception of it immensely, nowhere near the nerve shredding thrillride of Dead Space 2's opening but a nicely paced introduction all the same. Glad it keeps some semblance of haunted houses in space early on before going into a retooled' The Thing' tribute act.

I like it so far, i will not doing be co-op though.
    I am well into the game now and would rank this on par with the first one possibly better , totally agree about the demo none of the stuff in the demo happens for ages , and is actually good once you get there , I am so glad I tried this game its awesome . Me and my friend were going to give it a miss because of the demo . I don't know why they don't just give you the first level on a demo , it would be more likely to get immersed in the game rather than some random bit of the game , where you don't have a clue whats going on .

PRO Member

I agree , but I don't agree with bioshock , both should be the same

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Finished the story today and the series is 4-0 in the flat ending stakes, not as flat as Dead Space 2 and it's violent Benny Hill routine but pretty close, especially the post credits part which wasn't needed.

However! The story leading up to it was very good, with huge nods to pretty much any important Sci-Fi movie ever and Prometheus, I actually gave a damn about Isaac this time as he felt less like a bland meatbag and more like a man on a reluctant path to redemption.

Gameplay wise, it's not as tense as the previous two main entries apart from one section where timing a puzzle against the Regenerating Twatmonsters caused me to panic, i loved the weapon customisation, suit customising would have been welcome too though, as ever, blowing Twatmonsters to bits is great fun, the human enemies, not so much, i'd have preferred a finite amount of those guys towards the close of the game rather than bunches all through the game. Killing these flunkies felt like i was playing Mass Effect but worse as there was near enough zero threat from them.

I'd welcome another installment on the next gen simply out of curiosity regarding the dynamics of a souped up, deeper, Dead Space game but i would prefer someone else taking up the hero role.

I'd say Dead Space 3 is deserving of a 9/10 so Kerwan, good job!
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12