Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bioshock Infinite Review

This is a discussion on Bioshock Infinite Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Great review mate, I get this tomorrow . I loved the other 2 the second a little less, I am ...

Rangers F.C

Great review mate, I get this tomorrow . I loved the other 2 the second a little less, I am more interested in seeing this story that some people thought was complex and others obvious, I hope I find it a masterpiece like the reviews its been receiving .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

KCCO!

So, now that I've played the game in its entirely, twice, here are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Bioshock has always maintained a unique, albeit clunky and awkward style of gameplay. I donít mean the gameplay itself per sey (sic), but the shooting mechanics. They were clunky, unresponsive, and downright piss-poor. Thatís not the case in Bioshock Infinite
    I definitely agree with this. The shooting mechanics in Infinite were relatively fluid and comfortable. I don't think they were leaps and bounds beyond the original Bioshock's, but definitely better.

In Infinite you have some sort of cross between a hook and a cleaver. Itís good for ... for sky-lines. These massive metal railway-like poles suspended in the air can be used to travel on at incredible speeds, firing as you go and gaining access to new areas that were previously out of reach. Even better, you can perform aerial assassinations and surprise your enemies. The sensational joy of speeding along these skylines at break neck speeds never gets old. Itís unparalleled joy that was never experienced in any previous games.
    I found the skyhooks and skylines to be an interesting premise. I wouldn't say they're a "joy that was never experienced in any previous games" per se, but their inclusion wasn't just fluff. Their use in combat, especially juxtaposed with the appropriate gear, were game-changing in certain fights.

A new addition to this game is gear. These game-changing clothes allow you to make your own custom strategy and the way you play the game. It allows you to feel as if youíre in Ďcontrolí.
    I found most of the gear in the game passive, meaning using it really wouldn't make that huge a difference. There were about 3-4 specific pieces of gear, though, that I found essential and did, indeed, change the game. You could almost say they were game-breaking. Other than those specific few, though, the rest of the gear was just meh. They were a welcome addition, but hardly anything earth-shattering.

As before, the moral choices and different pathways are given to you, although they are not as painstakingly clear as they were in the previous games. They will, however, affect the way people see you and alter elements in the game.
    I somewhat disagree with this. I had doubts as to just how much the choices you made throughout the game really affect the end, and unsurprisingly, the choices aren't pivotal to the story. They do make for some interesting situations throughout the game later on, but the game, in itself, remains relatively linear in nature and outcomes.

Now, onto the ending:

Itís not good. Itís not great. Itís not even fantastic.

Itís fucking incredible. There is no other way to describe it. I was expecting a plot twist, but the ending to Bioshock Infinite just blew me out of the water. I can with all seriousness say that Infiniteís ending will be the standard for all games to come. Each time an amazing game ends with a fantastic conclusion, it must be compared with Infinite, and even then will likely fall short in a dramatic way
    I thought the ending was good, and the plot twist was interesting, but hardly anything incredible. In fact, it was somewhat predictable and hardly original. I won't go into it because of spoiler reasons, but I didn't think it was as novel as others did. Still, though, I thought it was pretty good--just not "fucking incredible".

From a technical standpoint, I do think the game is visually on par or exceeds some of the latest games. The colors are vibrant and there defintely pop, especially on an HD screen. The soundtrack, much like other games taht have memorable soundtracks (e.g., Bioshock, Fallout 3) definitely add to the ambience.

All that being said, I still stand by my previous scoring of the game.

Lvl 8 - Gold

did anyone else feel like this was a completely different game than the original Bioshock (plot, characters, and all the normal stuffs excluded)? to me, the original Bioshock did what a lot of other games in the genre wish they could do and try so hard to do but always come up looking like an ijiut, and that is INSTILL FEAR INTO THE PLAYER. i thought Bioshock was a great horror game. this one, it felt dull in comparison, and couldnt even make itself be an action game, which is what it seemed to be going for. the plot was interesting, but felt like a "Nintendo putting out the same exact game as theyve put out in the last 35 games" game. i felt this game was confused on what it was, had a mildly interesting plot line, and was minimally fun (though i did find myself unable to put the controller down... strange conflicting thoughts there...)

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    did anyone else feel like this was a completely different game than the original Bioshock (plot, characters, and all the normal stuffs excluded)? to me, the original Bioshock did what a lot of other games in the genre wish they could do and try so hard to do but always come up looking like an ijiut, and that is INSTILL FEAR INTO THE PLAYER.
    I think that was kind of the point. Also, Bioshock was never truly horror. It's meant to be disturbing. Infinite was disturbing on a whole new level; it showed a society that was disturbing in a truly horrific dystopia; the racism, the politics, religion, etc, etc. Of course it included violence and gore, but it was disturbing on a lot more levels for me.

Let Me Watch

Seriously don't get how anyone would give this game a 10/10. Such generic gameplay, and honestly pretty boring. Never played any of the previous Bioshocks but cannot get into this.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Got more soul than a sock with a hole"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234