Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tomb Raider Review

This is a discussion on Tomb Raider Review within the Game Reviews forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Great first review Rubi and congrats to making it to the review team!...

Galaxy beauty pirate

Great first review Rubi and congrats to making it to the review team!
    Sig by Ramon

Roo Commander

Nice review, just helped me make my mind up about this game.

#34DeathsTheDream

Really Good Review! Nice Job, looking forward to more.

Thanks to DaRe_xLw for this Signature and Avatar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

PRO Member

Great Review, Really looking forward to finally catching up with it.

WORLD No2 100% COMPLETION...22HRS AND 13 MINUTES

WORLD FASTEST 100% COMPLETION...22HRS AND 13 MINUTES
    Like my Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pe...95689327232473

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

A really solid and spot-on review, I agree with it all. Given my general disdain for MP, it did not affect me purchasing the game and I'm glad for it. The story is epic. I didn't know that shopaholic was patched either, I may pick it up again soon as I was saving that horrendous grind for a later time.

Congrats on making the review team and congrats on an awesome first review, I look forward to more of them.

Its plugged into the wall

Congratuwelldone on your first review . It's a very interesting read.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My unsolicited advice is to go ahead and pull the trigger if you're on the fence about this title. My main reason for saying this is I was already having trouble finding populated servers in MP. This will only get worse as time goes on, and folks like myself pass the game along after the plat. Moral of the story is in a few weeks or months, I'm afraid the MP will be a desert.

Still the Chocobo

This review was done really well altogether and I appreciate your writing skills Rubican. Congrats on it being your first. I'm actually wanting this game pretty badly now. Seems like a solid game altogether. Can't say I'd hate to try the MP....
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 8 - Gold

I actually dove in and bought this when I saw it was 50% off over the weekend. I actually completely ignored Quantum Conundrum when it was in the IGC, so I had no problems buying the bundle, haha.
    I'm not sure how close I am to the end, but I've dropped about 15-18 hours into the campaign so far, and it is amazing. I'm even more pissed now that they put MP in this than I was when they first revealed it, because I decided not to buy it at launch thanks to the MP. I've been missing this amazing story because I didn't want to pay full price for a game that's 25% SP and 75% MP. But $30 for this and QC was a good deal. And now I'm seeing people say that the online was patched so the grind isn't as long. Looks like it's a good time to jump on this for anyone who's interested.

Anywho, great review Rubicant! As I now have personal experience with the game, I completely agree with you. I really hope we see a sequel to this sometime in the future.

PS> Would people please stop claiming that "Square-Enix says Tomb Raider failed!"? They didn't say that at all. They said it didn't perform up to expectations. Which is completely true and accurate, and does not equal "failing". Though a tad disappointing. But honestly, they only have Eidos Montreal and themselves to blame for it. Crystal Dynamics did an amazing job with the only part of the game that should have shipped.
    Blank friend requests will be ignored and the sender will be unceremoniously added to my Block List.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I was worried about this game. Especially when they announced MP. However, the story was great, the game mechanics also. The MP grind was pain, but I met few great players online.

for me it is 8.5/10 and I will most definitely buy next TR.
    I can reach out and break you whenever I want...

MY PLATS:
    1 - God of War // 2 - God of War 2 // 3 - Uncharted 2 // 4 - God of War 3 // 5 - Lego Clone Wars // 6 - Killzone 3
    7 - God of War: COO // 8 - God of War: GOS // 9 - Dead Nation // 10 - Deus Ex: HR // 11 - LA Noire
    12 - Tekken Tag HD // 13 - Uncharted 3 // 14 - Heavy Rain // 15 - Uncharted // 16 - Tony Hawk HD
    17 - Tekken Tag 2 // 18 - Force Unleashed // 19 - Killzone HD // 20 - The Walking Dead // 21 - Darkness 2
    22 - deBlob 2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nice review. Bought the game for 20$, will play it once I'm done with AC3.

All out of bubblegum.....

Damn skippy nice review rubicant! I was never a Tomb Raider fan ( flame on!), but I will definetely give this a try. I look forward to more reviews from you buddy!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

True Templar

Nice review. You have me convinced. I'll try this as a break from the AC series.

Thanks

Assassin's Creed II - Heavy Rain - L.A. Noire - Red Dead Redemption

Working On:
    Assassin's Creed III & Revelations, Little Big Planet 1+2, The Adventures of Tintin.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i agree with this review, but had a small reservation on the story of the singleplayer. i felt it was just a bit too, well, much. it became so larger than life and awesomely explosive that i felt it lost a bit (not all, just a bit) or realism. id almost compare it to the movie 2012
    sig by PixieOfDarkness THANX PIXIE!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwi Defender

Added a second opinion, made by Kerwan, just below Rubi's review. Say whether you disagree/agree with either now (if you care enough ).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this is a great game,
    although there are a few things i'm not keen on, firstly is the sheer amount of goons their are in this game, takes away alot of the emotional impact & how lara progress's through her story, if they had less goons an replace them with more wildlife enemies or insane island survivors/inhabitants for instance that would make it more appealing.
    Also if it had more depth with the survival aspect - as after the first hour it is rendered useless i.e. lara seems to only need to eat once throughout the entire game and she becomes a master killer after her first kill, so having something like she must eat at least once every 24 ingame hours or she becomes better with a weaopon the more she uses it rather than sitting at camp and becoming a master at everything with a few skill points, nothing too restrictive but something that feels like your progressing/surviving rather than it being there to start with then you being great at it all a few minutes later with no real progression of it.
    It would be nice to add a few more tombs (or anything of similar nature) but it would be hard to implement it in a game like this but it would feel abit more at home if they did add more of that in as that was my favourite aspect of this game.
    And lastly if they took away the tacky multiplayer, no need for it what so ever, i mean if they wanted to add it at least try make it different e.g have 2 teams racing to get some treasure or having one team trying to solve a puzzle with another team trying to stop them. It's really not needed in a game like this but they could have at least made it somewhat different other than it being there just for the sake of it.

but those are few points in the game i would change and nothing overly critical but it is very well done and hope that the 'planned sequel' follows in its footsteps but with less goons and more tombs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12